Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-03-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best and worst decades of the 20th century.

What was the best and worst decade of the 20th century? It does not have to be recent. Does not have to pertain only to American history either.

I don't know if i can pick my favorite, but it would most likely be between the 40's, or the 80's ( I know, generally a weak decade. But Me, coke, Thriller, President Bush Announces He Doesn't Like Broccoli and glam rock = awesome, and that's just coming from America!)

My lest favorite...the 1920's. 19th amendment, prohibition, Houdini dies, stocks, beginning of you know what.
Not to mention the Yankees went to the world series and own it what? 3 Times? Weak.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
but it would most likely be between the 40's, or the 80's
I wasn't aware Adolf Hitler was a Packer fan.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What was the best and worst decade of the 20th century? It does not have to be recent. Does not have to pertain only to American history either.

I don't know if i can pick my favorite, but it would most likely be between the 40's, or the 80's ( I know, generally a weak decade. But Me, coke, Thriller, President Bush Announces He Doesn't Like Broccoli and glam rock = awesome, and that's just coming from America!)

My lest favorite...the 1920's. 19th amendment, prohibition, Houdini dies, stocks, beginning of you know what.
Not to mention the Yankees went to the world series and own it what? 3 Times? Weak.
In terms of success of the United States you could argue for the 1920s, 1940s, 50s, and 1990s

Worst decade...easy...1930s
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I guess all I can really comment on are the 80s and 90s, and since i dont remember the 80s, the 90s ruled!
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect a big BF51 write up soon.

For me, the 90's. What else could it be. Obviously the decade I was raised, the Cowboys had there run, and the Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis and Radiohead got regular play on the radio and on TV. Sounds good to me.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
I wasn't aware Adolf Hitler was a Packer fan.
. Yes, Adolf Hitler was the only person to live during the 1940's. You're historic knowledge is astonishing!

BTW I should clarify something... It can be the most interesting decade as well, which for me is the 1940's.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
. Yes, Adolf Hitler was the only person to live during the 1940's. You're historic knowledge is astonishing!

BTW I should clarify something... It can be the most interesting decade as well, which for me is the 1940's.
I believe he was trying to say is that to call the 40's the best overall decade (especially if we're looking at world history and not just American history) wouldn't be the best of ideas. It saw destruction on a level never achieved before, organized genocide, the crippling of the European economies, and the rise of Soviet communism as a viable threat to the rest of the world.

If looking purely at American history, the 40's were quite productive. Development of America as a world leader both in terms of economics and foreign relations, war effort further pulled us out of economic depression of the 30's, increased education levels thanks to the GI Bill, set up America for post war boom of the 1950s.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I believe he was trying to say is that to call the 40's the best overall decade (especially if we're looking at world history and not just American history) wouldn't be the best of ideas. It saw destruction on a level never achieved before, organized genocide, the crippling of the European economies, and the rise of Soviet communism as a viable threat to the rest of the world.

If looking purely at American history, the 40's were quite productive. Development of America as a world leader both in terms of economics and foreign relations, war effort further pulled us out of economic depression of the 30's, increased education levels thanks to the GI Bill, set up America for post war boom of the 1950s.
Better than i could ever put it.

But what i would've said, in my infinate wisdom would've been something along the lines of, 'well, i guess you don't like people being alive and stuff'
Old 01-03-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could say either the 30's or 40's as the worst as the 30's had the Depression, the rise of the German machine, Stalin, and the beginning of World War II. The 40's had pretty much the same thing as the 30's but subtract the Depression and add internment camps and more publicized concentration camps.

As for the best, I'd go with the 00's or the 90's because there was the least amount of overall conflict in those decades.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You could say either the 30's or 40's as the worst as the 30's had the Depression, the rise of the German machine, Stalin, and the beginning of World War II. The 40's had pretty much the same thing as the 30's but subtract the Depression and add internment camps and more publicized concentration camps.

As for the best, I'd go with the 00's or the 90's because there was the least amount of overall conflict in those decades.
The 20's had VERY little conflict as well. The shock of WWI made people quite hesitant to pull a trigger. The 90s saw little conflict because of the shock caused by the collapse of the Soviet Empire, people didn't know who to pull the trigger against.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

The Boer war says hello...oh wait there was like 12 people involved
Old 01-03-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The 20's had VERY little conflict as well. The shock of WWI made people quite hesitant to pull a trigger. The 90s saw little conflict because of the shock caused by the collapse of the Soviet Empire, people didn't know who to pull the trigger against.
Granted you can say that about the twenties but there was still the Polish-Soviet War(which didn't go that far into the 20's but still), Mussolini coming into power in Italy, Prohibition, and the peak of the KKK. And I probably shouldn't have said that about the 00's but Teddy Roosevelt rules.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

the 1980's could go down as the greatest...Ronald Regan was president, arguably one of the best we've ever had...cold war ended...trade prospered around the world...Rock and Roll was at it's greatest...Atari ruled the world...and the Lakers were the greatest team on the planet...in the history of the planet...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
the 1980's could go down as the greatest...Ronald Regan was president, arguably one of the best we've ever had...cold war ended...trade prospered around the world...Rock and Roll was at it's greatest...Atari ruled the world...and the Lakers were the greatest team on the planet...in the history of the planet...
I love Reagan (my favorite president) but academics will tell you he was more around the 15-18 range in terms of best Presidents. Trade didn't prosper nearly as much as it did in the 90's with the ascent of the Asian Tiger countries, greater amounts of Foreign Direct Investment into China/India, and the loosening of trade restrictions with Soviet Bloc nations. Plus Nintendo was WAAAY better than Atari.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
I love Reagan (my favorite president) but academics will tell you he was more around the 15-18 range in terms of best Presidents. Trade didn't prosper nearly as much as it did in the 90's with the ascent of the Asian Tiger countries, greater amounts of Foreign Direct Investment into China/India, and the loosening of trade restrictions with Soviet Bloc nations. Plus Nintendo was WAAAY better than Atari.
You an economics major of some sort?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
You an economics major of some sort?
No, I was a Finance and Management major. But for some reaon I know a lot about a wide variety of things. If you ever need a Trivial Pursuit partner, I'm your guy.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
what you say is true...I merely meant that Regan was one of the better presidents of the 1900's...he did alot and made some friends along the way...Atari ruled the early 80's by the way...

and I'm thinking of starting a Trivial Pursuit party on the first Friday of every month...want in?
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
No, I was a Finance and Management major. But for some reaon I know a lot about a wide variety of things. If you ever need a Trivial Pursuit partner, I'm your guy.
One of those information retaining types ay, wish i was like that. 10 mins after a university exam i forget everything including my name for a short period of time.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 10s is the worst. As if the absurity and death of World War I wasn't enough, it helped set up the greater amount of death and destruction in later decades.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miracle On Ice was the best moment in the 20th Century (other than the birth of Henrik Zetterberg) so therefore the 1980's go down as the best decade.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronald Wilson Reagan was the Devil.

6 letters in each of his names 666, he was the devil

Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Ronald Wilson Reagan was the Devil.

6 letters in each of his names 666, he was the devil

I know that's from the Boondocks, but ironically, this just came to me:

Martin Luther King Jr

6 6 4&2

JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

So does Jackie Joyner Kersee...big deal.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So does Jackie Joyner Kersee...big deal.
It's a joke anyways.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20s, 50s, and 90s ruled. 30s, 70s, 80s, and 2000s sucked. 1960s kinda sucked with the war and civil rights and all, but for me I think they couldn't have been that bad considering all the best music came from the 60s.

but economically the 20s, 50s, and 90s were the best. musically the 50s, 60s, and 70s were the best and the 80s and 90s and 2000s the worst. I do like a lot of 90s music though.