Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-21-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who Hates all ESPN's new NASCAR coverage?

I do, its stupid theyre encouraging people to feed into this ridiculous "sport" where the most interesting thing is watching cars hit a wall. I am not a fan of NASCAR and if some one could PLEASE explain its appeal id love to hear it.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who Hates NASCAR?
Fixed and I do. 8)
Old 02-21-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it is pretty stupid how they're advertising a product that they spent millions of dollars to broadcast. What are they thinking?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan and we went into countless discussions about it here. It's something you can't really explain, you either like it or you don't. ESPN2 broadcasts more activities like bass fishing, billiards, bowling (though I do not mind it that much) and darts/poker so I don't see why it's a big deal. It's highly popular, I believe, and ESPN went after it as NBC dropped its deal.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm fairly certain that ESPN (or ABC technically) will be airing nascar this year. So it would certainly make sense for them to try and advertise and boost popularity as much as possible.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NASCAR always gets huge ratings. I do not like it at all, but the interest, and money, is out there.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the new ESPN coverage.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i didnt mind it but once it replace Around The Horn & PTI (for one day) I was pissed

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

*shrug* if they're going to play idiotic things like billiards, golf and poker, they might as well add another non-sport to the mix. yet another reason to never tune in.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NASCAR is the most popular sport in the US, so why not tap into the fan base?

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58
i didnt mind it but once it replace Around The Horn & PTI (for one day) I was pissed
PTI's on ESPN at 5:30, and ESPN2 at 6:30. You should only be missing the second one.

I, for one, love it. Even if it is not very good, it's nice to see them give the sport some airtime. The reason they're doing it is because they're covering half the races this year.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16
NASCAR is the second most popular sport in the US, so why not tap into the fan base?
Fixed.

Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
Old 02-21-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I at least appreciate (and find it funny) that they aren't trying to fool themselves and promote the sport as ethically diverse: everyone in the "It's the life" commercials is white...
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

i've never watched nascar but i've seen nascar now re-runs at 2 am and its actually not bad.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do!!!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma
Quote:
NASCAR is the second most popular sport in the US, so why not tap into the fan base?
Fixed.
actually, something like 50-75 MIllion people tune in for a NASCAR race each week, I don't tihnk you can say the same about football?

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fixed.
actually, something like 50-75 MIllion people tune in for a NASCAR race each week, I don't tihnk you can say the same about football?
I'm pretty sure you can. I don't really know, though, I just always figured football was first.

I still like NASCAR better anywho.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fixed.
given that MNF was on cable this year, it's unlikely. then again, with nascar on cable (i'm assuming ESPN has all the races?), it seems like their ratings will absolutely drop.

regardless, MNF had the highest unofficial cable TV rating ever last year for the giants/cowboys game. at least, according to ESPN.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fixed.
given that MNF was on cable this year, it's unlikely. then again, with nascar on cable (i'm assuming ESPN has all the races?), it seems like their ratings will absolutely drop.

regardless, MNF had the highest unofficial cable TV rating ever last year for the giants/cowboys game. at least, according to ESPN.
Fox has the races up to July, (with FX taking some of those), then TNT has a six race stretch, followed by ABC/ESPN from Indy on.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

as an addendum, i would be willing to bet that the NFL's regular game casts total over 50-75 million combined. it's not really fair or informative to compare a single event (there aren't 16 races every sunday) to a sport that breaks it's "event" up into several different parts.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
as an addendum, i would be willing to bet that the NFL's regular game casts total over 50-75 million combined. it's not really fair or informative to compare a single event (there aren't 16 races every sunday) to a sport that breaks it's "event" up into several different parts.
I would think it kind of balances out, because the NFL covers only September through January, while NASCAR is February through November. Also, you can;t watch more than one game at once.

It's a moot point anyway, the reason ESPN is upping their NASCAR coverage is because they're showing the second half of the races this season, including the Chase.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care. I don't like it, but since I don't, I don't watch it. I do like seeing that finish to Daytona though. If every race was like that, I'd probably watch the last five minutes of every race. It's still awfully boring IMO, but if people like it, who really cares?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel sorry for the NHL fans, they don't even have a show.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I feel sorry for the NHL fans, they don't even have a show.
Nascar has already passed the NHL.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i do because its going over the regular espn shows sometimes

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote