Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 01-05-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Under Armour High School All American Game Thread

Discuss the game here.

ON TV @ 2 pm.

!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you not have this in HD???

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one have a number roster or know who #93 was for white?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope I will work on it though
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Any one have a number roster or know who #93 was for white?
#93 was Daquan Bowers, DE, committed to Clemson. He's gonna be beastly in a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That was a short game.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
#93 was Daquan Bowers, DE, committed to Clemson. He's gonna be beastly in a couple years.

Yes, DaQuan is an animal.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know how EJ Manuel did? Doesn't look like he did too well, as I read some recaps and he had no mention, while all the other QB's at least had some plays.
JeffSamardzijaIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who was #99 of the East, who declared to Miami?
He was good.
His nickname was "Big something"(i can't remember the 2nd part)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

why are the likes of EJ Manuel, AJ Green, Julio Jones at this game theyre so much better at their respective positions over other players in the Army game, which i think is a more prestigious game so anyone know?
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
why are the likes of EJ Manuel, AJ Green, Julio Jones at this game theyre so much better at their respective positions over other players in the Army game, which i think is a more prestigious game so anyone know?
Because the Under Armour game is also on a major network (ABC)? Because they also had skills competitions on National TV (ESPN2)? Because they wanted to play in a possibly momentous, inaugural event associated with the worldwide leader in sports? Because the game was being played in their backyards? Because they wanted to be trailblazers instead of followers? Because NBC and Lemming pander disproportionately to Notre Dame, where those recruits didn't commit? Because they have the foresight to realize this will inevitably be a bigger game in a few years, because of a couple of the aforementioned reasons?

Anyways, a belated players I was most impressed by (which I originally posted on Recruiting Planet):

RB Jamie Harper- Was as good as any running back in the Army game. Really exhibited tremendous vision and cutback ability with fluid hips. Set players up with good shoulder fakes. Size/speed combination at 225 is exceptional. Can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He has it all.

DE DaQuan Bowers- Reminded me of a little bigger version of Quentin Groves. Very quick off the line of scrimmage and he's coming after the quarterback with intensity. But has the lateral movement and reactions to handle change of directions by ballcarriers. Should be a force at the next level.

WR Julio Jones- The type of player that you can just throw the ball in his area, and he'll make the play. Very tough to bring down after the catch ala Arrelious Benn. Made Mike Glennon the player of the game for the Red Team essentially.

RB Andre Ellington- Clemson got another impact running back. Nice wiggle and quickness, can run inside and out, and looks like he'll be a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

CB Brandon Harris- I believe he was covering Josh Jarboe most of the game. Anyway, did a nice job of staying at a comfortable distance away from receivers (not to far, not too close), and then anticipating to break. Did that very quickly. Fairly ideal size. Fluid hips...good ball skills...brash competitor.

QB E.J. Manuel also stood out in my opinion for his pocket poise. Reminded me a little of Andre Woodson in that aspect. Not quite the passer, but a better runner. Smart enough to know when to utilize his athletic ability, and when to carve out 50 with his arm.

H.M.- S Will Hill, TE Blake Ayles, DT Omar Hunter, and OT Mike Goodman or Antoine McClain (whoever was the white team's right tackle)
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerninWI View Post
Because the Under Armour game is also on a major network (ABC)? Because they also had skills competitions on National TV (ESPN2)? Because they wanted to play in a possibly momentous, inaugural event associated with the worldwide leader in sports? Because the game was being played in their backyards? Because they wanted to be trailblazers instead of followers? Because NBC and Lemming pander disproportionately to Notre Dame, where those recruits didn't commit? Because they have the foresight to realize this will inevitably be a bigger game in a few years, because of a couple of the aforementioned reasons?

Anyways, a belated players I was most impressed by (which I originally posted on Recruiting Planet):

RB Jamie Harper- Was as good as any running back in the Army game. Really exhibited tremendous vision and cutback ability with fluid hips. Set players up with good shoulder fakes. Size/speed combination at 225 is exceptional. Can also catch the ball out of the backfield. He has it all.

DE DaQuan Bowers- Reminded me of a little bigger version of Quentin Groves. Very quick off the line of scrimmage and he's coming after the quarterback with intensity. But has the lateral movement and reactions to handle change of directions by ballcarriers. Should be a force at the next level.

WR Julio Jones- The type of player that you can just throw the ball in his area, and he'll make the play. Very tough to bring down after the catch ala Arrelious Benn. Made Mike Glennon the player of the game for the Red Team essentially.

RB Andre Ellington- Clemson got another impact running back. Nice wiggle and quickness, can run inside and out, and looks like he'll be a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

CB Brandon Harris- I believe he was covering Josh Jarboe most of the game. Anyway, did a nice job of staying at a comfortable distance away from receivers (not to far, not too close), and then anticipating to break. Did that very quickly. Fairly ideal size. Fluid hips...good ball skills...brash competitor.

QB E.J. Manuel also stood out in my opinion for his pocket poise. Reminded me a little of Andre Woodson in that aspect. Not quite the passer, but a better runner. Smart enough to know when to utilize his athletic ability, and when to carve out 50 with his arm.

H.M.- S Will Hill, TE Blake Ayles, DT Omar Hunter, and OT Mike Goodman or Antoine McClain (whoever was the white team's right tackle)
Do you think EJ is better than any QB on FSU's roster?
JeffSamardzijaIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Do you think EJ is better than any QB on FSU's roster?
Xavier Lee does have talent and Weatherford has good leadership both will be seniors next year i believe, Preston Parker and D'vontrey Richardson aren't much to be honest, in the short time they were in they didn't stand out they both are awful, no doubt that EJ Manuel will start as a RS Freshman if not i'll be suprised
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
EJ Manuel is not as good as Tyrelle Pryor.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who was the LB that weighed 265 and ran a 4.5? that is impressive for just being in high school.