Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 01-05-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2008 Gameday Thread

Back again for the season, we play the Bills today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Last edited by jballa838 : 09-07-2008 at 11:21 AM.
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I'm pretty confused as to why everybody is picking washington to win. Their defense is good against the run, but last time I checked, we didn't really run much. I think that portis is probably gonna gash us a couple times, but I don't see the washington offense being too effective, especially not if marshall blitzes collins like he should. Plus if the hawks jump out to an early lead, the redskins will be in trouble without having someone who can avoid kerney, tapp, or peterson.
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Well, I'm pretty confused as to why everybody is picking washington to win. Their defense is good against the run, but last time I checked, we didn't really run much. I think that portis is probably gonna gash us a couple times, but I don't see the washington offense being too effective, especially not if marshall blitzes collins like he should. Plus if the hawks jump out to an early lead, the redskins will be in trouble without having someone who can avoid kerney, tapp, or peterson.
yeah, the only arguements made for the Skins is they are playing with emotion, on a roll, and it looks like rain.
Hawks should win if they can get going quickly, but WA has some play makers in the secondary. I think they wont make enough and the Hawks win.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think the redskins have ever played in an environment like qwest field, excluding two years ago. Plus, when they doubt that the crowd can be as loud as they are naturally...really bad combination. It seems like every time that someone doubts that the crowd is that loud, the 12th man just comes out louder and louder. I believe that the combination of playoffs and being questioned is going to lead to it being the loudest it has been all year.

I just can't believe that the redskins emotion is going to be able to top the crowd.

BTW I actually figure that Alexander and Morris are gonna have big games, especially if washington tries to take away the pass with blitzes.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
i don't think the redskins have ever played in an environment like qwest field, excluding two years ago. Plus, when they doubt that the crowd can be as loud as they are naturally...really bad combination. It seems like every time that someone doubts that the crowd is that loud, the 12th man just comes out louder and louder. I believe that the combination of playoffs and being questioned is going to lead to it being the loudest it has been all year.

I just can't believe that the redskins emotion is going to be able to top the crowd.

BTW I actually figure that Alexander and Morris are gonna have big games, especially if washington tries to take away the pass with blitzes.
I dont know if the backs will have a good game, but they will do enough to win.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

3 and out. excellent start.
the 12th man is rockin right now

Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

we need to keep moving the chains this drive.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

It looks like we'll be fighting the refs. Again.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

The refs arent that bad. they have had some tough calls, but i dont know if we are playing the refs yet. Our D looks impressive though. Incredibly tough and shutting these guys down

Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Halftime Thoughts?
10-0 so far.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'll Start: Our D looked amazing this game so far. Definately could be doing better on O but we are rushing the passer well.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

It looks like the game's going to end with a 28-14 victory. I look forward to our rematch against GB at Lambeau Field.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

We had some turn-overs, but your D was stout and it lead to the win. Time to go to Lambeau hawks. A game in wisconsin between 2 passing teams.
and Tubby was wrong
it was 35-14

Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

they definately scared me there in the 3rd and 4th quarters. They stopped getting pressure on collins! Whew...i started smiling again after hasslebeck threw that bomb to hacket, I though he was going to throw another pick when he dropped back.

4th quarter started out horrible, but it had a nice ending :D

Now to Green Bay. We need to pressure Favre like we did to Collins in the 1st half. Hasslebeck and the RB's are going to have to have good games against that GB D if we're gonna have a chance to win.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
they definately scared me there in the 3rd and 4th quarters. They stopped getting pressure on collins! Whew...i started smiling again after hasslebeck threw that bomb to hacket, I though he was going to throw another pick when he dropped back.

4th quarter started out horrible, but it had a nice ending :D

Now to Green Bay. We need to pressure Favre like we did to Collins in the 1st half. Hasslebeck and the RB's are going to have to have good games against that GB D if we're gonna have a chance to win.
we are gonna need a huge game rushing if lambeau has bad weather.
these Rushing stats arent acceptable.

77 total yards
Alexander 15 for 46
Weaver 1 for 17 TD
thats not accetable. we need to run better

Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Lionsfan93
Rookie

Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.

good job winning today, Green Bay will be a good game next week
Lionsfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsfan93 View Post
good job winning today, Green Bay will be a good game next week
its gonna either be a shootout or a low scoring Defensive showcase.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
its gonna either be a shootout or a low scoring Defensive showcase.
either way, there is always the threat of favre throwing a game winning pass. Looking at the match-up neither team has a major advantage. The weather at lambeau is going to be key to what type of game it is. Also, Hasslebeck isn't going to be able to make mistakes like he did today with those two interceptions and missing a wide-open Ben Obumanu in the first quarter.
Alexander, Morris, and Weaver had better pick it up next week or it's going to be a game in favor of GB with Ryan Grant.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

exactly. Favre is going to show up for the play-offs. he always has. Its just a matter of if we can show up and compete. Favre leading a late 4th quarter drive drive scares me. Plus if this game goes ot, we better not let Matt talk.

Quote:

Old 01-06-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice game today. It lets GB focus on you guys and start breaking the tape down for next week. I think this will be at least as good as the Jaguars-Steelers game, though hopefully the home team does a little better... Facing Green Bay West always tough, as Hasselbeck does fine in the cold and Holmgren too familiar with Favre for my comfort.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I had I flight delayed 2 and a half hours so I missed the first half of yesterdays game. Luckily once I got there most of the action started.

Trufant made play after play. Leroy Hill did a pretty good job today. Jennings is slowing becoming better than average. Our offense really rose up to the challenge especially DJ. Hopefully Giants or Tampa beat Cowboys then we beat the Packers and we get to host the NFC championship again.

That Trufant return was one of the most exciting plays I have seen at Qwest Field. Suck it Foreskins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bump. Our Offense is horrible. Jackson isn't playing bad, but our WR Depth is killing us,

Quote:

Old 09-07-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

This game has me disgusted period.

Our vaunted defense looks like a second-rate operation. Missing tackles, getting manhandled by reserve T's. This is disgusting.

The key to this whole game (and every game) for the seahawks is to get pressure on the QB. But no, this is just another case of the inconsistency that I believe that they should be known for.

Taylor is really making me upset though, he dropped three passes. Where is Kent though? He looked the best of all the young WR's in the preseason, why hasn't he been getting playing time after Taylor's drops.

That fake FG and fumbling the kickoff return has sealed this game. Good job seahawks, way to start your path back to the NFC West Championship...pathetic...

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
Old 09-07-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Now that I've had time to calm down, I've got to give props to the Bills defensive coordinator. He kept the Seahawks guessing wrong all day and got pressure on Hasslebeck. It looks like the additions of Mitchell and Stroud are going to pay off in huge dividends as long as they stay healthy.

I am still really upset with the Seahawks though, there is no excuse for how poorly their "revamped running game" ran the ball. Morris and Jones look to be exactly the same back, and I have always believed that Morris was not starting RB quality. Jones ran hard at the end, but this split carries thing is not going to work unless they run the ball more. They need to be running the ball 30+ times a game. Today they ran 21 times, (Jones 13, Morris 6, Weaver 2) this is unacceptable for a team that is supposed to have balance. They ended up throwing 41 times, not counting the 5 times that Hasslebeck dropped back and got sacked.

I thought it was pretty obvious early on that the WR's were having problems catching the ball, so I don't understand why they didn't decide to run the ball more. As often as the Bills blitzed, if you break that first line of defense your gone for 20+ yards.

Our pass rush today was unacceptable. Next week though they'll probably pick up 8 sacks against the 9ers. This inconsistency along the defensive line is unacceptable and if they want to truly become an elite defense, not just at home, then they need to be able to generate a consistent pass rush, even if that means blitzing more than they usually do.

One last thing, they need to change their plane! If Hasslebeck is saying that it hurts his back flying over in the new one then they need to bring back their old one or change the seats or something. Two long flights, two tightened backs, this is not boding well for the Seahawks chances on the road.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Not drafting offense really crushed the hawks IMO. OLine looked awful and our lack of playmakers really hurts us badly. Eddie Royal, DeSean Jackson, Dustin Keller would have all been great, but our offense has no big play potential with the exception of Burleson who is only a deep threat.

Quote: