Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-10-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
nemesis3394
Rookie

nemesis3394 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Availability of Brady Quinn

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...eff&id=3190151

This article tells about the emergence of Derek Andersen and the availability of Brady Quinn
Now heres the question...If given the opportunity would you make the trade for Quinn next year if Andersen has another solid/spectacular year, Jackson has a sub par year and the Browns want to move him in a trade?

Thoughts?
Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

interesting, but i just see them sticking with Quinn....

QB's are tough, everyone hates jackson, but he showed some signs at times and we all knew that he'd be a project, so would it be worth giving up on jackson and trading away a ton of picks to get Quinn who he himself is a huge question mark and might need another year to develop himself?
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yea they will most likely stick with Quinn as their Franchise QB
maybe you guys can get Derek Anderson or sumtin
Tavaris Jackson didnt look too good in the games i watched
he has an awkward release...

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we didnt take him with the 7th pick. Why trade for him now?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tarvaris Jackson has a absolutly horrible 2008 Season and the Browns are content with Derek Anderson, than yes i wouldn't mind making a run at Quinn.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if T. Jack does bad in September, look for Vikes to make a move for Brady before trade deadline. I don't think they want to go through who where his back ups, Brooks and ...
Old 01-27-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, not really a fan of Brady Quinn. Plus, if they trade for him he's essentially a rookie again since he'd have to learn a new system. Minnesota made their bed with Jackson, not they've got to lie in it for better or for worse.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
If we didnt take him with the 7th pick. Why trade for him now?
because adrian peterson was there...why would we take a qb

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
because adrian peterson was there...why would we take a qb
Thats my point. We had the chance to draft him but we passed him, so we arent going to have a change of heart in 1 year after seeing him play only 1 drive in the regular season.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Thats my point. We had the chance to draft him but we passed him, so we arent going to have a change of heart in 1 year after seeing him play only 1 drive in the regular season.
I don't think we passed on him because he wasn't any good. I think it was because AD was a better prospect. I don't think we should go after Quinn simply because we would be starting over again.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Fooath
Rookie

Fooath hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quinn as a rookie was further along then Jackson is now....at least he doesnt have high school level mechanics.
Fooath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I agree Jackson shows flashes but we need a guy that can manage the game. Jackson totally screwed AD up. Hint to jackson when there are 10 guys in the box pass the ball to anyone but williamson. PLEASE
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
Hint to jackson when there are 10 guys in the box pass the ball to anyone but williamson. PLEASE
Don't be a ******* idiot. If he's open, pass it to him.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on T. Jax is just playing everyone now, i bet he is like see if i am super ****** at first, and then become amazing(which he is), then I get a lot of incentives and awards.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Well if he chooses williamson it will be another incomplete pass.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can give you two reasons...

1. Peterson had the better value.
2. Peterson would make a bigger impact during his rookie year then Quinn.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i honestly think that Jackson deserves another year. He wasn't horrible this year. although he did make some questionable decisions. A qb can not fuction in an offense without wide recievers.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

My only concerns with giving him another year are

A. Will giving him another year help or hurt out young wide outs?
B. Every year we give him makes our aging defense that much older. Winfield Williams Sharper Smith
C. Adrian Peterson cant be a great back if he faces 10 man fronts for another year or two. Especially with his injury concerns.
D. Im not sure where the problem lies Bad play calling? poor receivers? Sloppy QB play? And does 9tds 12 ints really constitute another year playing QB?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
good point. but think about this. Jackson's 1.5 years vs. Quinn's one drive. I dont know who made that point but it was sure a good one. I think someone like McNabb might be a better fit for the vikings. and Jackson could play behind a good vet like McNabb.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

I have met Mr. Savage IRL he isnt going to get rid of Quinn until he knows his qb situation is in good hands. There is 0 chance Quinn gets moved unless Clevland is able to sign a quality back up/ starter. SO this whole discussion is mute. My Point is we need to seriously think about another REAL OPTION at QB TJ didnt stay healthy and did nothing to secure his job in 12 games. If in fact he is this great treasure everyone else missed out on then he should welcome the challenge I dont see tom Brady sweating the fact the patriots drafted Matt Cassell.
Real Contenders bring competition in at every position that only makes your team better. They dont hand jobs to guys with sub par stats just to prove a point.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

ahhhh inside information ban him what is he thinking.

Who is TJ?

Correct me if I am wrong was Matt Cassell drafted in the 1st round, and was he suppose to be a top 10 pick.

Who handed their job to a guy with sub part stats
Old 01-31-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Minnesota did by giving jackson the job with out bringing in some serious compitition
Old 01-31-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

I really dont know anybody who truly believed Brady was a top 10 pick most thought he was the best qb available but even during the draft noone seemed surprised he slide until mid round
Old 01-31-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
ahhhh inside information ban him what is he thinking.

Who is TJ?

Correct me if I am wrong was Matt Cassell drafted in the 1st round, and was he suppose to be a top 10 pick.

Who handed their job to a guy with sub part stats
Yep, he was. In fact, he was the 0th overall pick. The Pats had to pre-draft him and pay him 60 million dollars up front or else the Texans (or was MC from the year before? Meh) would have picked him.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
jerthemessiah
Rookie

jerthemessiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
My only concerns with giving him another year are

B. Every year we give him makes our aging defense that much older. Winfield Williams Sharper Smith
C. Adrian Peterson cant be a great back if he faces 10 man fronts for another year or two. Especially with his injury concerns.
D. Im not sure where the problem lies Bad play calling? poor receivers? Sloppy QB play? And does 9tds 12 ints really constitute another year playing QB?
A)Changing QB's every season certainly isn't going to help the recievers. This is what they have been doing.

B)You are just assuming that he will never develop into a good player. Nobody knows that for sure. He only has 14 starts in his career.

C)That ins't going to go away.....ever. Unless the Vikes get the second coming of Peyton Manning at QB. Guys like O.J Simpson, Eric Dickerson and Barry Sanders faced 8-9 guys in the box for most of thier careers. I just read an article about this very thing. Peterson took some of the blame for the lack of a rushing attack. He went over game film with the RB coach, Eric "sleeping with" Bienemy and they found some plays that coould have gone for more yards if he just would have been more patient in behind the LOS. It certainly didn't slow down Chester Taylor. He was playing against the same defences as Peterson.

Peterson: "I feel like it was really just me, just getting my feel with the extra guy in the box. There's an adjustment to it. When I went back and watched film and went over it with my coach, I was able to figure it out.

If I was just a little more patient on certain plays, it would have opened up for 10- or 15-yard runs. Those are things I'm definitely going to have to work on because I'm pretty sure we'll continue to see those eight- and nine-man fronts."

Here's the link to the full article if anyone wants to read the whole thing..There's something in there about Peterson flipping the bill for a bunch of family and teammates to go to the Pro Bowl.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/14622112.html

D)I think it's a combination of all the things you mentioned. Childress sometimes take 2 weeks to make adjustments on offense. Jackson makes mistakes, but 14 games into his career that is expected. 14 starts isn't enough to judge a young QB. Bobby Wade is their #1 reciever and that speaks volumes. Willaimson and Shiancoe can't catch. Ferguson runs like a tight end. Rice is the closest thing they have to a legit reciever and he is very inexperianced.

There is a gigantic laundy list of QB's that played poorly in their first full year as a starter. I'm not going to bother listing any of them. Anybody that follows football knows that a guy like Big Ben who tears it up in his first year only comes around about once a decade. Really though, if you just look at the QB's selected ahead of Jackson in the year he was selected, none of them are really tearing it up. Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Vince Young and Kellen Clemens. Cutler had an average season and averybody else has been really bleh.