Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-31-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

By no means am I saying scrap heap him, We won 0 games in which Jackson didnt start? which was 4 So as I have said many times Bring in competition dont hand cuff the entire team waiting on a Prospect at best. Bring in more options.
Cutler has had growing pains but looked much better then Jackson
Croyle is a bust
Young led his team to the play offs
Leinart has showed some promise
When I watch TJ play I see happy feet I see a guy who looks scared a guy who isnt ready. His descion making is marginal at best and even when he does make good descions his receiving corp is pathetic. As Much as I liked the draft pick of rice where was he all season.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have to understand as fans that we have to be patience. Did we all think that Tarvaris Jackson was gonna be some savior in his 1st year of Starting and lead this team to the playoffs? No. Its going to take time for him to get comfortable in the pocket.

We Cant blame this all on Jackson. Like you said the WR Corp is pathetic which i agree with it 100%. Also seeing how a TE is a QB's best friend and when you have a TE we didnt do anything for us this year its not that easy doing well as a QB. Ryan Cook could also to be blame but not as much.

We have to realize that Tarvaris Jackson is our Quaterback at the moment. He took huge steps this season and we can only hope for more in 2008 season. Although some competition for him wouldnt hurt him because it never hurts and brings the best out of the player.

But We need to get a Veteran Receiver like Berrian or Bryant Johnson.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would depend on the cost.

If we are solid next year(about what we were this year) I don't mind giving a first up for him. If we stink, no way, if Cleveland want more than 1 first, no way.

Jackson looked solid to me. He basically has a guy who should be the 3rd receiver at best as his first receiver(Wade), Rice missed the games he really struggled in, Williamson stinks.

Our receivers were just poor, he also wasn't helped by either tackles inability to pass block. Mount just isn't quick enough on the left, Cook should be playing in NFL Europe(read: Not playing at all).

I think he should get another year, I mean if Matt Ryan is there in the 2nd or 3rd round for us, we should take him, if Dixon or Johnson is there in the 6th, again we should nab them. Otherwise, I think we should sign a good solid veteran QB and stick with TJ. If we can get McNabb for nothing, then we should, but otherwise, stay the course.

WR, Safety, OT and DE are bigger needs, we can survive with solid play at QB, I mean the games we won were the games that Jackson didn't lose.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
It would depend on the cost.

If we are solid next year(about what we were this year) I don't mind giving a first up for him. If we stink, no way, if Cleveland want more than 1 first, no way.

Jackson looked solid to me. He basically has a guy who should be the 3rd receiver at best as his first receiver(Wade), Rice missed the games he really struggled in, Williamson stinks.

Our receivers were just poor, he also wasn't helped by either tackles inability to pass block. Mount just isn't quick enough on the left, Cook should be playing in NFL Europe(read: Not playing at all).

I think he should get another year, I mean if Matt Ryan is there in the 2nd or 3rd round for us, we should take him, if Dixon or Johnson is there in the 6th, again we should nab them. Otherwise, I think we should sign a good solid veteran QB and stick with TJ. If we can get McNabb for nothing, then we should, but otherwise, stay the course.

WR, Safety, OT and DE are bigger needs, we can survive with solid play at QB, I mean the games we won were the games that Jackson didn't lose.
I agree with you. The only thing is the Matt Ryan to the 2nd round. I dont think he will even be there for us at 17. There's 4 teams before us that could use a Rookie QB.(Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, and Bears).

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:12 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only thing is the Matt Ryan to the 2nd round. I dont think he will even be there for us at 17. There's 4 teams before us that could use a Rookie QB.(Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, and Bears).
I would be shocked if he is still there at 17 also but that is because some team will reach on him(imo). I don't really like him as a first rounder, as a 2nd he really would be worth a crack, but I have absolutely no belief that he will be there, that is just the only situation where I approve of us taking a QB, we have our project, we have a decent backup in Bollinger. We just have far bigger holes than QB imo. We have safety where we have no one I consider to be starter good and no projects, DE is still a problem, OT is a problem in a very strong draft(thus should be addressed). WR again is still a problem though I am quietly confident we have our #1 in Rice and and our slot guy in Wade.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote