Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

freshman at emory university
start classes on the 16th

i did okay first semester... got a 3.3
my high school never used gpa so i dont know if thats good or not

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post

It's a solid B average.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'm a junior and my AP history exam results(test in march or april) could really help me get accepted to colleges. Right now my list is...

1: Rutgers
2: Rutgers
3: Rutgers
4: Become a hobo
5: Rutgers

i need to get into Rutgers. for my own sake
i met some rutgers people over break... they seem to like it alot
but you should def look at other alternate options as well...

i mean, my fav college sports team is the maryland terps... i dont goto UMD college park but i can still root for them

Go Ravens!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to quit school.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I start my next semester at Minnesota State on Monday, and I have some hard-ass classes. Well not really hard, but I know I have to do a lot of work for them.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, it's dumb, I haven't even looked to other schools. It's not just the sports teams, my cousin currently attends there and my dad went there, so there's some family history/tradition there. Even if I wasn't such an avid RU fan, it'd most likely be my first choice.

I should start looking at other schools though

picking out a career or field can is a ***** though
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea, it's dumb, I haven't even looked to other schools. It's not just the sports teams, my cousin currently attends there and my dad went there, so there's some family history/tradition there. Even if I wasn't such an avid RU fan, it'd most likely be my first choice.

I wouldn't worry about choosing a career or field yet. You still have a lot of time. Just enjoy the college atmosphere, and later you can explore fields that utilize your interests.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I want to quit school.
Until this year I was the same way, amazing how much football can change my outlook on school. I am actually going to school FOR football. I am going to be a coach, so as long as I get good enough grades to graduate(and stay eligible), it doesn't really matter. But I can not go to class and get an easy 2.5.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Most people don't even end up with a career that has to do with their major, don't sweat it.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Yeah, I love U-M but I don't attend there. I could've gotten in, I'm sure. However, no way was I writing the 2-3 essays that they require.
You didn't apply just because of the essay's?

I actually was accepted to U-M but I knew I was never gonna go there because it costs too damn much. OU gave me a scholarship and saved me some major dough. Maybe I will go there if I ever try for a Masters degree.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You didn't apply just because of the essay's?

I actually was accepted to U-M but I knew I was never gonna go there because it costs too damn much. OU gave me a scholarship and saved me some major dough. Maybe I will go there if I ever try for a Masters degree.
how and when do you guys write essays for colleges? what's it for? what kind of essays do you write?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how and when do you guys write essays for colleges? what's it for? what kind of essays do you write?
A lot of schools ask you to write essay's as a part of the application process. I had to write one (or two) when I applied to Michigan and Michigan State.

Questions are usually something along the lines of, "What would you do cure world hunger?" or something lame like that.

It's the university's way of determining how good of a writer you are right off the bat.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
A lot of schools ask you to write essay's as a part of the application process. I had to write one (or two) when I applied to Michigan and Michigan State.

Questions are usually something along the lines of, "What would you do cure world hunger?" or something lame like that.

It's the university's way of determining how good of a writer you are right off the bat.
hmm that could actually be a plus for me. One of my strong points is writing.

speaking of writing, does anyone know good schools for journalism or any programs? I'm thinking of becoming a sports writer, but know these jobs are hard to come by. I just hate readig the paper and yelling at it because I know more about sports than the local writers do.

it's that or law/edumacation. college stuff is confusing...
Quote:
Old 01-11-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
hmm that could actually be a plus for me. One of my strong points is writing.

speaking of writing, does anyone know good schools for journalism or any programs? I'm thinking of becoming a sports writer, but know these jobs are hard to come by. I just hate readig the paper and yelling at it because I know more about sports than the local writers do.

it's that or law/edumacation. college stuff is confusing...
USC, Syracuse, Central Michigan . . . to name a few
Old 01-11-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just hate readig the paper and yelling at it because I know more about sports than the local writers do.
Most sports journalists hate sports. It's awful. On the east coast I am unsure, but I know both Northwestern and Mizzou are really good Journalism schools.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am too afraid to get a job in sports journalism. I'm worried that I'd get burned out and no longer enjoy watching sports on a recreational basis
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I am too afraid to get a job in sports journalism. I'm worried that I'd get burned out and no longer enjoy watching sports on a recreational basis
that's one fear with me too, but I doubt it. I'm not sure what it'd be like. Kinda interesting. It just sickens me when I read some papers and how little some writers know about local teams.

i know these jobs are hard to get too, so I'm also looking at law/criminal justice and perhaps being a teacher. I've always been good with kids(and not in the same ways as cheatginger and little boys)
Quote:
Old 01-11-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I wanna be a history teacher also, the best school in MD for teaching is Towson and that is to close to my house for me.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea I wanna be a history teacher also, the best school in MD for teaching is Towson and that is to close to my house for me.
def try to go out of state if you can
all my friends went to college park and they see everyone every week and its hard for them to make new friends
i would def recommend going to college out of state

Go Ravens!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm currently in my final semester of school before graduating. I only have 2 classes and am only at school 2 days a week. I will be graduating with a Commerce honours degree with a double major in Finance and Marketing. All this really means is that i really need to start busting my ass to find a job.......

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
everyone i know says i should get into something sports related and that i'd be good at it. But you need to have some degree in writing or journalism. Not to mention the millions of people you'd have to battle just to get the smallest of chances, and that everyone has an opinion......but if you make it, i'm sure it would be the best thing you could do for people like us (assuming you guys are sport fanatics like myself)

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

still in high school... hoping to get into Penn State within the next few months... keep ya'll informed
Old 01-11-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what kind of education background do you have to have to be a general manager or something along those lines?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's your favorite teacher of all-time?

My favorite would definately be my Geometry teacher. His class was so relaxed, constatly discussion abouts things other then school; mainly sports. If you were talking during his class he would just say, "Is there a problem?" You would just say no, and he would continue on. That's the last you'd hear about it. You could do **** like hide his markers and stuff, and he wouldn't care. Guy was awesome.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post

3.3 is very solid, above average. My GPA is a 3.38 and i couldn't be happier.

Quote: