Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

CalBears99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Wait til your senior year, thats when things pick up big time as you prep for university.
Yeah the 1st half of senior year is supposed to be a ***** w/ the applications and all but at least the 2nd half I can just chill. My high school has an internship program for seniors from like april to may and you just do whatever internship you want and not go to school at all.

sig by Nyi28nhl from Islander Mania
CalBears99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Have you done any internships? I'm in Industrial Engineering, but I'm only a sophomore, so I'm just starting to look into them.
I worked for General Electric for one semester and for another company doing quality engineering for 2 summers. DEFINETELY get some type of internship. That will help out a lot.

On another note, I'm taking 2 IE classes this semester. RIDICULOUSLY easy.... like absurd.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I worked for General Electric for one semester and for another company doing quality engineering for 2 summers. DEFINETELY get some type of internship. That will help out a lot.

On another note, I'm taking 2 IE classes this semester. RIDICULOUSLY easy.... like absurd.
Haha yes, I'm aware that IE classes are very easy. That's part of the reason I'm doing it. Also, it's a very broad field, so there should be many different types of places I could work when I'm finished.

Also, I was pretty sure that I was going to try to get an internship, so thank's for the confirmation that they help a lot.

Another thing I just thought of, did you go out and find those on your own, or did you find out about them at a career fair type thing or something else?

Last edited by badgerbacker : 01-13-2008 at 02:18 PM.
badgerbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Haha yes, I'm aware that IE classes are very easy. That's part of the reason I'm doing it. Also, it's a very broad field, so there should be many different types of places I could work when I'm finished.

Also, I was pretty sure that I was going to try to get an internship, so thank's for the confirmation that they help a lot.

Another thing I just thought of, did you go out and find those on your own, or did you find out about them at a career fair type thing or something else?
I'm taking Manufacturing Processes and Engineering Management... so easy, haha.

The quality engineer one was a summer job. It was just something that is an engineering job so I put it on my resume and it looks good. The GE one I got through my school. Your school should be good resource. Talk to your career services office.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
The American Schooling/Uni system seems a lot more complicated than what we have over in Aus. I just finished my HSC (Higher School Certificate), was given a score out of 100 and applied for any course I wanted at any university. With a half decent score you can pretty much go to any university in the country.
No kidding. we get a number, if said number exceeds what the cut-off number was last year for the university course you're applying for, odds are you'll get in.

But in saying that excluding the monetary issues associated with American universities i'm really jealous our system just isn't like yours. No pressure to choose a career path when you're 18 and have no idea like we have to do.

Cadillac; what'd you actually get? and what are you applying for and where?
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
No kidding. we get a number, if said number exceeds what the cut-off number was last year for the university course you're applying for, odds are you'll get in.

But in saying that excluding the monetary issues associated with American universities i'm really jealous our system just isn't like yours. No pressure to choose a career path when you're 18 and have no idea like we have to do.

Cadillac; what'd you actually get? and what are you applying for and where?
I ended up with an 89.50 which I was kind of disappointed with to be honest. I was definitely hoping for mid nineties. I've applied for courses at UTS, UNSW and USYD predominantly in communications majoring in writing and cultural studies or journalism.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I ended up with an 89.50 which I was kind of disappointed with to be honest. I was definitely hoping for mid nineties. I've applied for courses at UTS, UNSW and USYD predominantly in communications majoring in writing and cultural studies or journalism.
Got me covered, got an 86.5 but then got into a course with a cutoff of 90 something, kinda stupid really. When do you find out what you got? Good luck with it man
Old 01-14-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Got me covered, got an 86.5 but then got into a course with a cutoff of 90 something, kinda stupid really. When do you find out what you got? Good luck with it man
Haha cheers. I find out on Thursday whether or not I get into my preferred courses. And apparently I'm elgible for some extra points at UTS and USYD because I was apparently "disadvantaged" or something. The whole UAI system is flawed in my opinion.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Haha cheers. I find out on Thursday whether or not I get into my preferred courses. And apparently I'm elgible for some extra points at UTS and USYD because I was apparently "disadvantaged" or something. The whole UAI system is flawed in my opinion.
'Disadvantaged'? cadillac, are you special?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'm a junior in High School and really want to be an architect. Anyone have any tips or know anyone thats an architect.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
'Disadvantaged'? cadillac, are you special?
lol. Apparently my school was disadvantaged due to geographic proximity or something like that so some universities feel it necessary to help us.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
I'm a junior in High School and really want to be an architect. Anyone have any tips or know anyone thats an architect.
I know it's one of the hardest professions to succeed in, that and it's ridiculously underpaid unless you have a real talent.

that said if it's a passion definately go for it, earning less doing something you like is definately better in my opinion.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
lol. Apparently my school was disadvantaged due to geographic proximity or something like that so some universities feel it necessary to help us.
Well i guess you can't complain about that.

If i wasn't doing a double degree i would've got a couple of extra points at Newcastle uni for being a local, but then again they take anyone here so that doesnt even really matter.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Two words:

Art Vandelay (not the poster)

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Two words:

Also in plastics i heard
Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Two words:

Art was originally an importer/exporter no?
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Midterms coming in next week...got 4 of them plus a report to write

At least i get a week off afterwards
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On Mondays and Wednesdays, I have 4 classes and on Fridays I have only three. I was lucky to get it so I could schedule all my classes on MWF so I could have TuTh to do my school work. The crappy part is that I am on campus from about 9am to 6pm. Oh well, I am close to graduating so it's no big deal.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I have 4 classes monday, 2 tuesday, 4 wednesday, one thursday, and none friday. I love my schedule.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a senior and I want to be an architect. I know somebody who went to the same high school as me and went to the college I want to go to as an architect. It's what I think I want to do. Hopefully it is.