Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-23-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz
wow you people love Virgina Tech

ACC- The U
BIG 10- Michigan
BIG 12- Texas
BIG EAST- West Virginia
PAC 10-USC
SEC- Flordia
For good reason. We basically return everyone that matters. Miami would have a good chance if their QB wasn't legally disabled.

ACC- Va Tech
Big 10- Michigab
Big 12- Texas
SEC- Tennesee
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
LinebackerNC

I think I'll just predict the Big 6, because I don't really know much about most of the mid-major conferences.

Big East-West Virginia
The Big East should be pretty competitive next year, but I think this is the best team in the conference. South Florida will surprise.

ACC-Virginia Tech.
They potentially have the best defense in the country. Its going to be very, very hard to score on this team, and the ACC is pretty mediocre again.

Big 12-Nebraska.
I know this probably won't go over well because Texas looks so good, but I don't think UT's defense will be any better next year, and Nebraska shows lots of promise. Sam Keller will make a huge difference for this offense.

Big 10-Wisconsin or Michigan
Wisconsin intrigues me. Last year they were good but didn't really play anyone. This year they'll be great, but the schedule is tougher.

I don't think Michigan's that great on defense, but they should be able to outscore just about anyone. Its a toss up.

Pac-10-Southern Cal
They should be preseason #1. This team is scary. The defense they field this year will probably be Pete Carroll's best, and even though they lose Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarret the offense should be really tough to stop.

Look for UCLA to finish near the top as well; I think the USC-UCLA game will decide the Pac-10 champ.

SEC-LSU
Call me a homer, but I like LSU's chances. The SEC will be incredible next year, but I think of all the elite teams in the conference LSU lost the least. It never has been about offense with LSU, and next year's defense may well be the best they've ever had. The front 7 of LSU may be the best in the nation.

Replacing JaMarcus Russell looks tough, but Matt Flynn has talent and experience so the fall shouldn't be too terrible.

I look for Georgia to win the SEC East, as well. Florida lost way too much on both sides to be a factor this year, and Tennessee is really hard to figure out.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
weezer1195
Rookie

weezer1195 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What is so mediocre about the ACC? Everyone just loves FSU and Miami so when those two teams are down suddenly noone cares about the ACC. Miami and FSU should be better next year but regardless VT, WF, and BC will all be real good teams imo. GT loses Calvin Johnson but with a more consistent QB i bet they could be better next year too.
weezer1195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
LinebackerNC

I don't think theres any arguing that its a relatively mediocre conference.

Miami's got a ways to go before they're back, Florida State has fallen off recently, Wake Forest isn't going to be any better (probably worse considering they were full of veterans), NC State is rebuliding, and so on.

Virginia Tech looks like the only sure fire great team in that conference. Boston college could be solid, as could Virginia potentially, but nobody stands out to me except VT.

Its not about FSU or Miami for me, because I'm pretty apathetic toward both schools. I just don't think the ACC is anything special.

College football is cyclical. The last few years the Big 12 has been pathetic, but it looks like it'll be great this year. In two or three years the ACC will be a quality conference, but its not there yet.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: --2007 Conference Champions--

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcozart
MAC-Ball State
THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! :evil:
Really? They went 5-3 in MAC play last year, and only lost 34-26 to Michigan in the Big House. They return a sensational QB, Nate Davis, who was 2nd in the MAC last year in passer efficiency as a freshman and had an 18/8 TD INT ratio. Their true playmaker, however, is NFL calibur TE Darius Hill who had 700+ yards and 10 td's last year. If Ball State's secondary improves even to mediocrity, they're definitely capable of 10+ wins. No one can stop Ball State's offense.

O, and they still have Chris Miller, the best P in college football.

Quote:
Loser of CC: Colorado
now THATS something i want to see explained
Old 02-23-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mich, he's just a colorado fan so he thinks they'll make the big 12 conf championship after going 2-10. :roll:

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ACC-Duke, Runner Up:North Carolina
BIG 10-Illinois, Runner Up:Indiana
BIG 12-Colorado Runner Up:Baylor
BIG EAST-National Champion Rutgers, Runner Up:South Florida
Conf. USA-Don't Care
MAC-Kent St. Runner Up:Ball St.
Mountain West-Don't Care
PAC 10-Stanford Runner Up:Washington
SEC-Vanderbilt Runner Up:Kentucky
Sun Belt-Lousiana Monroe Runner Up:Troy
WAC-National Runners Up:Boise St. Runner Up:Don't Care

Thats right a Rutgers vs. Boise St. National Championship and a Illinois, Stanford Rose Bowl.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
ACC-Duke, Runner Up:North Carolina
were are talking football not basketball

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC - Auburn

all that matters.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink

ACC- Virginia Tech
BIG 10- Indiana
BIG 12- Texas
BIG EAST- West Virginia
PAC 10- USC
SEC- Auburn
Old 02-24-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
ACC- Virginia Tech
BIG 10- Indiana
BIG 12- Texas
BIG EAST- West Virginia
PAC 10- USC
SEC- Auburn
Just stop cards.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
ACC- Virginia Tech
BIG 10- Indiana
BIG 12- Texas
BIG EAST- West Virginia
PAC 10- USC
SEC- Auburn
Just stop cards.
I BELIEVE!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Loser of CC: Colorado

:roll: keep dreaming buddy :roll:

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami
ACC- VA Tech
BIG 10- Wisconsin
BIG 12- OK
BIG EAST- Rutgers
Conference USA- Southern Miss.
MAC- Toledo
Mountain West- Utah
Pac 10- USC
SEC- Kentucky
Sun Belt- not D1 in my book
WAC- Hawaii
Me likes a lot!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrls View Post
:roll: keep dreaming buddy :roll:
give my boys Benard and Hugh to have a breakout year in a weak Big12 North Confrence Sam Keller WHO???

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

jdcozart needs more cowbell.

[quote=Michigan;155630]Really? They went 5-3 in MAC play last year, and only lost 34-26 to Michigan in the Big House. They return a sensational QB, Nate Davis, who was 2nd in the MAC last year in passer efficiency as a freshman and had an 18/8 TD INT ratio. Their true playmaker, however, is NFL calibur TE Darius Hill who had 700+ yards and 10 td's last year. If Ball State's secondary improves even to mediocrity, they're definitely capable of 10+ wins. No one can stop Ball State's offense.

Will you be my new best friend, lol. Were you at the Michigan v. Ball State game?
jdcozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcozart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Really? They went 5-3 in MAC play last year, and only lost 34-26 to Michigan in the Big House. They return a sensational QB, Nate Davis, who was 2nd in the MAC last year in passer efficiency as a freshman and had an 18/8 TD INT ratio. Their true playmaker, however, is NFL calibur TE Darius Hill who had 700+ yards and 10 td's last year. If Ball State's secondary improves even to mediocrity, they're definitely capable of 10+ wins. No one can stop Ball State's offense.

Will you be my new best friend, lol. Were you at the Michigan v. Ball State game?
heckyeah

hell of a scare for me
Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! :evil:
Just remember that you said that eight or nine months from now.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
heckyeah

hell of a scare for me
I was there too. An amazing game. I was down on the field and I won't ever forget it. Your boy Manningham wasn't at full speed though.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
FunJokeshere

ACC- Florida St.
Big 10- Iowa (yes I know I will get **** for this but I can wish can't I?)
Big 12- Texas
Pac 10- USC
Big East/National Champ.- West Virginia
SEC- LSU
Old 02-26-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunJokeshere View Post
ACC- Florida St.
Big 10- Iowa (yes I know I will get **** for this but I can wish can't I?)
Big 12- Texas
Pac 10- USC
Big East/National Champ.- West Virginia
SEC- LSU
you can wish, but the West Virginia national champ prediction really hurts your credibility...
Old 02-26-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Louisville is going to be a force. i do not think WVU is just going to walk away with it. and no way is UK going to win the SEC
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

how is louisville's rushing attack going to be?

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

we got a stud RB from IL and from what i hear he is going to be really really good. his name is Dale Martin.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ACC- Virginia Tech
BIG 10- Michigan
BIG 12- Texas A&M
BIG EAST- Louisville
Conference USA- Southern Miss.
MAC- Toledo
Mountain West- TCU
Pac 10- USC
SEC- South Carolina
Sun Belt- Troy
WAC- Boise State!

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers