Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?
Yes 39 66.10%
No 20 33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i dont believe in aliens. they would of found us by now.
Why? We are a tiny speck in an essentially infinite universe. Have we found every insect on earth? Of course not, new ones are being found all the time. There is no guarantee they are more advanced then us either. There HAS to be something out there. Though, if it turns out there isn't it is a pretty good argument for a creator.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

the creator argument is a good one. its because on the grand scheme of things, earth is not that old. and if aliens are so advanced, then they would of found us. i mean if they have a ship that we can not identify, then they are more advanced than us. i guess my believe is i will not believe in them till i see them.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the creator argument is a good one. its because on the grand scheme of things, earth is not that old. and if aliens are so advanced, then they would of found us. i mean if they have a ship that we can not identify, then they are more advanced than us. i guess my believe is i will not believe in them till i see them.
Maybe they're not that advanced.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why aliens have to be space traveling and highly intelligent. There could easily just be other forms of life living on other planets, which would constitute the existence of aliens.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i guess i just have a point of view that aliens are more advance than us.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i guess i just have a point of view that aliens are more advance than us.
Having ridiculously intelligent aliens makes for a lot better movie than having some weird insect that eats its own crap.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there are aliens as in other highly intelligent non-human life forms out there. But I do think there are other Earth-like planets where human and animal life form exists.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that people have overactive imaginations and see what they want to see, just like Big Foot, El Chupacabra, Loch Ness, etc.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
imaginations El Chupacabra,
Imagination and El Chupacabra do not belong in the same sentence. It's a real, documented creature. Just go ask some Mexican farmers.

RUN, IT'S EL CHUPACABRA! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

i guess that is what happens when you eat the worm. you see El Chupacabra.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Why? We are a tiny speck in an essentially infinite universe. Have we found every insect on earth? Of course not, new ones are being found all the time. There is no guarantee they are more advanced then us either. There HAS to be something out there. Though, if it turns out there isn't it is a pretty good argument for a creator.
the argument that even if there was highly intelligent advanced life-forms in the universe, they wouldn't be able to find us isn't a great one.

What are our scientists doing right now? searching the stars to find planets just like this one that have the potential to harbor life. Why would an alien race not be doing the same? If aliens do have the ability to traverse space, there is no question that their first goal would be to seek out other lifeforms, whether to colonize them, or to simply study them.

Obviously there is life somewhere else in the universe, probability will tell you that, whether it is intelligent or not is another story, but it's not out of the question that there is actually intelligent life somewhere because the Earth is far from unique.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

If you call Peyton Manning a alien... Yeah, I do.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Imagination and El Chupacabra do not belong in the same sentence. It's a real, documented creature. Just go ask some Mexican farmers.

RUN, IT'S EL CHUPACABRA! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I believe in El Chupacabra.

Dream Pats Draft:
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
Old 01-15-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there are most certainly other lifeforms in the universe but we will never have any contact with them. If there was life within travel distance from us we would have found it already.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think that people have overactive imaginations and see what they want to see, just like Big Foot, El Chupacabra, Loch Ness, etc.
Not long ago people thought the huge mountain gorillas of the congo were merely a myth, the natives knew they were real... the biggest piece of evidence i can point to that Big Foot may be real is that so many indian cultures in the americas, and in asia, and canada have recorded a large ape-like animal in the past.

obviously we were wrong about the Gorillas... why would Big Foot be that much different?

Old 01-15-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
there are most certainly other lifeforms in the universe but we will never have any contact with them. If there was life within travel distance from us we would have found it already.
we most certainly would not have found it already, we are no where near capable yet of actually determining if there's even life in our own solar system.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
the argument that even if there was highly intelligent advanced life-forms in the universe, they wouldn't be able to find us isn't a great one.

What are our scientists doing right now? searching the stars to find planets just like this one that have the potential to harbor life. Why would an alien race not be doing the same? If aliens do have the ability to traverse space, there is no question that their first goal would be to seek out other lifeforms, whether to colonize them, or to simply study them.

Obviously there is life somewhere else in the universe, probability will tell you that, whether it is intelligent or not is another story, but it's not out of the question that there is actually intelligent life somewhere because the Earth is far from unique.
They probably would be doing the same thing. With the size of our universe the chance of them finding us is minuscule. Humans have only been around for a short time.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

Quote:
but it's not out of the question that there is actually intelligent life somewhere because the Earth is far from unique.
....excuse me?

People just don't seem to understand (and appreciate) just how unique the Earth really is.

If we're just a little closer to the sun, we're a barren, sun-charred rock. If we're a little further away from the sun, we're a frozen wasteland.

And that's just scratching the surface. There's so many physical attributes pertaining to the Earth that make life as hospitable as it is. Atmosphere, magnetosphere, etc...........

Don't act like a world like ours is automatically somewhere out there just because "probability" says so.

The fact is, this planet is very unique; whether you believe in a "creator" or subscribe strictly to "science." Even if you believe the latter, take under consideration just how immense the odds are for Earth to have developed exactly how it is. Everything had to be perfect.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe they were looking for water, thats why they stumbled upon our country. ever think of that.

Last edited by DChess : 01-15-2008 at 03:29 PM.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
maybe they're were looking for water, thats why they stumbled upon our country. ever think of that.
Yeah, and if they were looking for oil, soccer and girls they would be here.

Dream Pats Draft:
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Probably to watch Brett Favre play football . . . that man is CRAZY AWESOME!
Hell yeah, i'd be worth the trip to see lord Favre... They were in Texas to see if Green Bay would get home feild during the NFC championship.

Anyways. No, I don't Believe in fraking aliens... Even if they existed which is nearly impossible, as is all life. Why would they come to earth and just fly around then leave? It's obviously somthing to do with the military or such.

Also, whoever said the universe is infinit could potentally be incorrect, many astronomers now claim to have foudn "the end" or "the source" of the universe... How this is pssible is beyond my cerebral capacity, but who knows? Either way I think the best advice would be don't believe evrything you read.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well there goes Texas' reputation as a center of intellectualism.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Actually you're completely wrong. Read some books on it. The probability will tell you that it is basically next to impossible for life to exist. Which is what makes Earth so unique. For life to form a Perfectly capable planet of supporting life(not too many of those) needs to form within the perfect distance from a perfect star for the perfect time frame of billions of years. Not to mention it would have had to happened in the minisclue time humans have been prosperious on earth as well. Is it possible with all the stars in the universe? Meh, perhaps? But very, very, rare and unllikely.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 01-15-2008 at 03:37 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yawn, wake me up when this happens in Seattle...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Actually you're completely wrong. Read some books on it. The probability will tell you that it is basically next to impossible for life to exist. Which is what makes Earth so unique. For life to form a Perfectly capable planet of supporting life(not too many of those) needs to form within the perfect distance from a perfect star for the perfect time frame of billions of years. Not to mention it would have had to happened in the minisclue time humans have been prosperious on earth as well. Is it possible with all the stars in the universe? Meh, perhaps? But very, very, rare and unllikely.
but see the flaw in that is the logic is based off of what humans define as life...there may be life forms somewhere that are unlike anything on earth and require completely different circumstances in order to survive

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote