Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?
Yes 39 66.10%
No 20 33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Its Ya Boy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
define "travel at the speed of light"? it's far from inconceivable that, due to quantum mechanics, one could appear to travel faster than the speed of light. einstein theorized "bridges" or wormholes that could allow one to travel a distance faster than a photon could have. both of those involve getting someplace faster than a photon without ever having to actually go faster than the speed of light.

further, the laws of physics have changed numerous times in the last few hundred years alone, from newtonian physics al the way to things like string theory. suggesting impossibility is moderately naive.
sounds like the Event Horizon. fastest way from point A to point B is through hell lol
Its Ya Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Greatest lines in the whole article.

"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."

He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.
Hmmm... yeah... I don't care how low it's flying, unless is it not moving from less than 10 feet off the ground, you are not going to be able to tell if there are any nuts or bolts on the thing.

This is really on NBC? Come on now... How about some quality reporting?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Hmmm... yeah... I don't care how low it's flying, unless is it not moving from less than 10 feet off the ground, you are not going to be able to tell if there are any nuts or bolts on the thing.

This is really on NBC? Come on now... How about some quality reporting?
but, but he was looking through his rifles scope. Does that mean nothing anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
nearly infinitely large universe
How can something be nearly infinite? I'm not a science guy and I can't say whether or not the universe is or is not infinite, so if anyone could give some info on the subject, I'm all ears. And too lazy to check wikipedia.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

something else up for descussion, if their is indeed alternate life in the universe (i believe there is), would you believe theyd be hostile or peace seeking life forms simply exploring the galaxy. itd be scary to think if they were hostile and choose to start a war with us simply because, IF they were the ones who discovered our world, came here first, theyd be that more advanced then we are, making their weapons that more superior then ours are. idk one way or the other haha but its cool to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
something else up for descussion, if their is indeed alternate life in the universe (i believe there is), would you believe theyd be hostile or peace seeking life forms simply exploring the galaxy. itd be scary to think if they were hostile and choose to start a war with us simply because, IF they were the ones who discovered our world, came here first, theyd be that more advanced then we are, making their weapons that more superior then ours are. idk one way or the other haha but its cool to think about.
i stopped reading at that point
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course I believe in aliens! Haven't you guys ever seen Star Wars? ****, nevermind.

Oh, and speaking of Star Wars - yodachu is an alien. Though I suppose he doesn't define an 'intelligent life form'. Heh heh heh. Had to get it in.

Probability dictates lifeforms of some sort, not necessarily intelligent, exist some where. Even if it's just microscopic bacteria.

It's naive to think otherwise if you ask me. Like I said though, doesn't need to be intelligent.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
i stopped reading at that point
As good as reading about aliens wielding big guns was, i wish i took that approach.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

that seems like a major cop out. almost like saying "well we can't do it now, so i don't think we'll be able to for a really long time". which seems odd, given how adept man is at solving problems. *shrug*
Well when do you think man will solve the problem of traveling faster than the speed of light?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Well when do you think man will solve the problem of traveling faster than the speed of light?
I heard they'd booked a slot on 60 minutes next week to announce it.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk i like thinking about the fact that we see all these hollywood movies that have these technically advanced aliens fighting us, yet somehow the human race always finds a way to win. its just not a probable if the occasion ever presented it self. espically if they were equiped with such advanced technology. IF it did occur, we'd be wiped off the face of the earth. this remindsme alot of the zombies thread awhile back, deep down, we all want to fight off some unatural force.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
I heard they'd booked a slot on 60 minutes next week to announce it.
Really? I thought Today Tonight would have been all over that news. Oh well..

Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
idk i like thinking about the fact that we see all these hollywood movies that have these technically advanced aliens fighting us, yet somehow the human race always finds a way to win. its just not a probable if the occasion ever presented it self. espically if they were equiped with such advanced technology. IF it did occur, we'd be wiped off the face of the earth. this remindsme alot of the zombies thread awhile back, deep down, we all want to fight off some unatural force.
You think? I'd rather get grilled and watch tv over fighting off aliens with Star Wars blasters.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Its Ya Boy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You think? I'd rather get grilled and watch tv over fighting off aliens with Star Wars blasters.
is getting grilled like getting baked into a brick? or thizzed off the deep end?
Its Ya Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Really? I thought Today Tonight would have been all over that news. Oh well..
Sorry, there wouldn't be one mention of a dodgy landlord so they just aren't going to bite.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Ya Boy View Post
is getting grilled like getting baked into a brick? or thizzed off the deep end?
It very well could be...
Old 01-15-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

id rather shoot at things then sit around tripping out.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
id rather shoot at things then sit around tripping out.
I might be weird or something but i feel fun > being dead.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

haha well when i said that i didnt mean dying, i just was suggesting that most likely as men we have that urge deep down to shoot some aliens, but yes haha now i see your side.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
*shrug* when do you think moore's law will be broken?

being able to "travel" at faster than light speeds will, at some point become a biological imperative (if for no other reason than the death of the sun). if humankind doesn't off itself in the meantime, it seems equally inevitable.
Considering all the barriers preventing the travel of human life at faster than the speed of light I don't think it will ever be achieved due to the uncertainty of the future of mankind.

But maybe if we ask the aliens really nicely they will show us.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
But maybe if we ask the aliens really nicely they will show us.
Don't be stupid, we are men, and as men we have an underlying urge to shoot aliens. No time for questions when you're shooting someone.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

dude wow, i was just trying to start a discussion, im sorry you didnt like it.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-16-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
dude wow, i was just trying to start a discussion, im sorry you didnt like it.
Don't take it too seriosuly dude, i'm just messing with you. But the worst part is you're probably right, some super alien lifeforms could show up just wanting to help us and i'm pretty we'd just try to blow them up.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Don't be stupid, we are men, and as men we have an underlying urge to shoot aliens. No time for questions when you're shooting someone.
Just hope they land in Australia first then. Then they'll only have to deal with a boomerang and a few spears.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Just hope they land in Australia first then. Then they'll only have to deal with a boomerang and a few spears.
I think we need to take the idea of an army of wombats to Kevin Rudd, i honestly can see him being into it.

Ps. Are you watching the cricket? Is Sach looking good? Really want to see him get big runs tonight.

Last edited by 7-11 : 01-16-2008 at 12:51 AM.