Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?
Yes 39 66.10%
No 20 33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like more of a Kim Beazley idea to me.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Seems like more of a Kim Beazley idea to me.
I've heard rumours that dude eats wombats, doubt he's going to want to sendthem to the front lines
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

does kangaroo taste good??
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
I might be weird or something but i feel fun > being dead.
Not according to Rambo. "Either die for something, or live for nothing!"
Another timeless quote from another timeless Stallone movie.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if I lead astray...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and yet, the question states "do you believe in aliens?", so...
The thread was about ******* UFOS, does that imply intelligent life? UH, YEAH.

Quote:
identify any research that's been done outside our universe. seriously. show me lab results from an experiment done inside the andromeda galaxy. i double dog dare you. show demonstratable proof that the universe exists exactly as it is here at it's furthest reaches. otherwise, the above is simply conjecture and almost completely worthless in this discussion.
Uh, what? Research outside our universe? Show me evidence that is dosen't...( outside our universe?) Oh the theory, a theory of non- carbon life means absolute truth..? Yeah.. Your point isn't a conjecture? No, you know for fact that silicone molecules bust out new molecules like Ron Jeremy on the 4th of July? Show me some evidence of that other than hypothesis... Carbon is the only known element that is capable of having a good number of unpaired electrons, which make it the most IDEAL candidate, not the only.

Quote:
right. snowball earth is "stable". as are the catastrophic effects of a asteroid or comet impact. hell, volcanism is hardly "stability" over any moderate period of time. certain organisms were able to survive, whether because of vents in the earth's crust in the ocean or similarly, life was significantly impacted in a negative way. and it rebounded everytime.
Right. Earth is stable compared to most other planets, to think otherwise is simply idiotic. You're volcanism took place when? When Acro bacteria was the only life form present on Earth...? Again validating my point that it's simply only a stepping stone towards life, not the entire stairway, and it's the whole picture which is difficult to obtain.

[quote]how so? jupiter's storms have been raging for millenia. that's a pretty stable state. earth's climate experiencing massive temperature fluctuations nearly every 20,000 years (let alone the shorter events between milankovitch cycles) hardly qualifies as anything approaching stable.[quote]

Yeah, Jupiters storms have been raging for mellenia. At a climate that is completely inhospitable for life.... Do you know how significant Millenia are when compared to the formation of Intelligent life? About as significant as me taking that **** in 4th grade gym class.

Quote:
hooray? the moon certainly hasn't, suggesting it has less to do with jupiter than other forces (say, the atmosphere, which protects us from who knows how many meteorites everytime the perseid's come through).
Are you honestly proposing that Jupiter dosen't protect earth from objects ( mainly the asteroid belt) in space? Holy ****, I learned that wasn't true in 7th grade science class... common sense.

Quote:
are you suggesting that all the meteors people have found in their backyard are imaginary? or that the vast majority of scientists are incorrect in theorizing that the dinosaurs died to to an asteroid collision? perhaps the moon wasn't actually created by a big chunk of rocks blown off the planet in an early collision... the barringer crater is also a likely myth. probably volcanism.

and that's just off the top of my head without any real research. the earth, in it's history, has been impacted *numerous* times.
Are Backyard meteors significant to a planet the size of Earth? Come on...Maybe as significant as a tourist dropping an extra grain of sand on a beach in Hawaii on a Sunday afternoon.
Throughout the past 3 billions years I'd hardly cite handful of major collisions as * numerous*.

Quote:
can you prove that no other life ever existed there? or are you implying that single celled organisms are incapable of evolving?
No, if you would have read what I wrote, it's the time frame of evolution for the single celled organisms which is difficult to achieve. Again lessoning the probability.

Quote:
who almost all admit that silicon could be a likely element, even if carbon seems more likely given current knowledge.
Sure Silicon is the next probable element, but it would likely simply be dominate by carbon which is more practical and compatible.

Quote:
the only time he suggests that the probability is low is when asking why we haven't been visited yet, or why we haven't noticed. he suggests at the same time that perhaps intelligence is a random **** up, and really not all that good for survivability. hardly him suggesting that life isn't possible.
HELLLOO MCfly!! I never once said it was POSSIBLE, i said it wasn't probable( which is m whole position), he clearly states this in the diagram at the end of his article.

Quote:
yes, i can read. but you're wrong and you've provided no verifiable evidence that the possibility is low. claim religion or whatever and that's fine, but nothing in science can accurately suggest anything about the uniqueness of one planet out of what could be literally an infinite number.
What verifiable evidence have you provided? I have provided much much more than you. You cited maybe a damn black whole and silicon.. I think i have provided more from my side of the equasion than you, mon frair.
Claim religion? What the hell does religion have to do with this? Aren't you a mod? Isn't religion against " the rules NUMBER II" Hammurabi ???
Again, I'm amazed that you cannot realize my position I have maintained since the beginning, that it's not PROBABLE, non the less likely... The manner in which most people discuss the probability of life is such as life takes places every couple planets in the galaxy, which is utterly untrue. The bottem line is life like conditions are difficult to achieve, and this is really not debatable. The majority of planets are unable to support life. Never once did I imply life was impossible, only that it was difficult.
Here is an example, say there are 100 billions galaxies in the universe and maybe what? ******* a couple thousand of them have the capability of producing life? Are those good odds? Uh, no. Those are made even lessor likely by the examples I have provided.
Quote:
do you think that simply repeating that the probability (now backtracked to possibility) is low will make it true?

no, they don't. providing 23498753498257938475293 crappy examples of something doesn't make it true simply because of the sheer number of crappy examples.
DO you think repeating it's not low will make it high? Two can play this game. ( not to mention my examples are reinforced by leading astrophysicists);providing two examples of ****** evidence of something dosen't make it true because your transcendental winds want it to.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 01-16-2008 at 02:17 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.thirdeyeconcept.com/?page=175

There were mass UFO sightings in San Diego on New Years Eve as well. However with the high concentration of military bases in the San Diego area it is likely to be military aircraft.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Here is an example, say there are 100 billions galaxies in the universe and maybe what? ******* a couple thousand of them have the capability of producing life? Are those good odds? Uh, no. Those are made even lessor likely by the examples I have provided.

DO you think repeating it's not low will make it high? Two can play this game. ( not to mention my examples are reinforced by leading astrophysicists);providing two examples of ****** evidence of something dosen't make it true because your transcendental winds want it to.
But it is likely that on at least a couple of those thousand that have the capability of producing life do actually produce life.

Yes I am sure no leading astrophysicists believe the chance of intelligent life to be large enough to search for it...
Old 01-16-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
does kangaroo taste good??
Yeah not bad, pretty steaky.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote