Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

JMiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Top 10 Reasons Tom Brady is the Greatest QB Ever...

Top Ten Reasons Tom Brady in the greatest QB of all time…

10. He has won three Super Bowls (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX), two Super Bowl MVP awards (XXXVI and XXXVIII)
9. Holds the NFL record for most touchdown passes in a single regular season (50)
8. Best Season a QB has ever had in 2007. Highest single-season quarterback rating: 117.2; Lowest interception total, season (minimum 2 starts): 8; Largest touchdown to interception difference: +42
7. Best Playoff QB of all time… Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII) Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)
6. 86-24 (regular season), 99-26 (career) as a starter. It is the best record of any NFL quarterback in the Super Bowl Era (since 1966) with at least 40 starts
5. Brady enters 2007 with a 12-2 (.857) playoff record, the second best in NFL history behind Bart Starr (9-1, .900)
4. Brady is the only quarterback in NFL history to start and win three Super Bowls before his 28th birthday, having quarterbacked the Patriots to victories in Super Bowl XXXVI when he was 24 years old, Super Bowl XXXVIII (26) and Super Bowl XXXIX (27).
3. NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr) and most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
2. Team went 16-0 for the first time ever.
1. All the reasons I listed will continue to grow, as he is only 30…

We can all debate for various reasons... we can say it is too early to talk about this with him having so much time left in his career... we can argue for others with similar records and titles... but no other player has had as much success not only with winning the big games, but with collecting all the records and leading a winning team.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a lifelong Pats fan I agree. But you have your facts wrong. Manning had a highter qb rating the year he threw 49 tds.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tom has had an amazing career but personally i <3 brett favre.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
As a lifelong Pats fan I agree. But you have your facts wrong. Manning had a highter qb rating the year he threw 49 tds.
Also the stat where it says brady threw the fewest ints in a season Minimum 2 starts.. thats wrong too..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't agree with this yet - but he does have more time to prove it. We'll see though. Certainly not yet.

Oh, and if we're going to add a few more reasons, why not throw in he dates ultra hot super models too? That totally counts for something. Or it should.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he has the lowest interception total in a season. I can't say who has it but Garrard threw less interceptions than him this year and i'm sure there are others who've thrown less than 8.

But for real, IMO Brady is the best QB of all-time and he's still getting better.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I don't think he has the lowest interception total in a season. I can't say who has it but Garrard threw less interceptions than him this year and i'm sure there are others who've thrown less than 8.

But for real, IMO Brady is the best QB of all-time and he's still getting better.
mcnabb had 5 interceptions and 30 TD in one season
Old 01-15-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

Yah except Brett Farve is a better QB and is better with a worse team
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpackers View Post
Good point.

I change my mind. Favre = GOAT.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
mcnabb had 5 interceptions and 30 TD in one season
31 TD, 8 INT in 2004
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpackers View Post
1. Um no.
2. Brady won 3 Super Bowls with subpar offense around him. So Brady was better with a worse team.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
1. Um no.
2. Brady won 3 Super Bowls with subpar offense around him. So Brady was better with a worse team.
Brady had subpar offenses but their defense was always really solid. Brady is a very good QB, but to label him as the best ever is just wrong.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think Brady is the best QB ever...I think its an overstatement based on this season. There certainly is an argumnet for it however though, but you really didn't choose the best one..

For starters, a lot of your facts are wrong, as has been pointed out. Six of your main points are team-oriented (i.e winning games, postseason games, and Super Bowls). One is speculative about what he will do in the future. One is largely opinion on him being the best playoff QB of all time, although largely backed up (there were a lot of great ones before him). Leaving just two arguments, one with flawed facts, and the other, his single season touchdown record, is just that: one season.

Now, when its all said and done he may be, but you really didn't choose the best arguments for him. Better one's might have been his consistency despite a lack of offensive weapons, his leadership abilities, etc.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate when people hesitate to put current players among the all time greats b/c they "still have something to prove"

this season for brady was a accumilation of great season he had for the past 5 years... just this season, he had the weapons that could take his stats to the next level... FYI, he threw for 4000+ yrds with reche caldwell leading the recieving corp... idk if he he is the best cause i dont even know if brett favre is the best, but he is def ONE of the best in nfl history

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When its all said and done he will be top 5. But a la terry Bradshaw, he won his super bowls mostly based upon very good defenses and great coaching. But he has played very well in Super Bowls. How many career wins were because of Adam V. Yeah Brady had to march them 30-45 yards in 2 minutes but thats two plays. Th thing with Brady their is always gonna be room for statements like the ones I have made. But IMO he is still a great QB
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best of all time? I am not sure. Elway, Favre, Montana, and Manning have something to say about that.

Favre has played with 1 HOFer in his career, Reggie White. Favre makes his receivers good, in the same way Brady makes his receivers good.

Elways got to the Super Bowl multiple times with absolutely nothing. Some of those teams probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs without Elway.

Montana is, well, Montana.

Until this year most thought Manning was better than Brady. One season doesn't change that too much.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate QBs. I really, really hate QBs.

I hate ranking QBs even more. Way too much of the debate is subjective, simply because they're part of a unit. Think Brady is great if he's constantly on his ass? Or guys couldn't catch the ball?

He could probably crack the top 10 greatest QB of all time, but these rankings don't go very indepth in their arguments...almost all of it is based solely on Super Bowls/playoff success.

Football is way too complicated to rank QBs like that...system...the rest of the team...coaching...

Last edited by SenorGato : 01-15-2008 at 11:43 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1.) LT
2.) LG
3.) C
4.) RG
5.) RT
6.) Randy Moss
7.) Wes Welker
8.) Donte Stallworth
9.) Bill Belichick
10.) The Media

Other than that he's nothing more than average.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
1.) LT
2.) LG
3.) C
4.) RG
5.) RT
6.) Randy Moss
7.) Wes Welker
8.) Donte Stallworth
9.) Bill Belichick
10.) The Media

Other than that he's nothing more than average.
Wow...easy on the crack pipe.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You and everyone else can buy into this guy...but I've watched him underthrow deep balls and out routes consistently. Give Someone like Leftwich that line and he'd do the same thing. He's become a good decision maker...but when you have 5 seconds per attempt you'd better be able to get someone open with talent like that. Yes, he's a fine QB...but he's a product of the system. He's had one of the best defenses around keeping the ball in his hands...and not to mention some great backs that don't get as much hype. He's in the best situation in football...even better than the Colts...which is quite a cushy situation for Manning as well. I want to see Brady go down and another average NFL caliber QB inserted...and see how they do.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

The fact that he never before passed for more than 28 passing touchdowns (50) despite him throwing more often than most would think.. the fact that he never had above a 92 qb rating (117) before.. and despite his throwing for more than 3,800 yards 1 time before - the greatest offense team ever assembled was handed to him bothers me greatly. And for those who say he never had the talent before I say, he always had the coaching, and he always had the defense.

Regardless of my finding this recent season mendacious..to me, Brady is the best quarterback of all time despite my lack of respect for his recent season.. because being a quarterback is measured by winning.. and yes i feel that not losing is the same thing. At the end of the day Brady will go down as the leader of the greatest team ever assembled.

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Joe Montana as the best of all time. Tom Brady is making a strong case however, and we'll have to see how he ends his career.

Right now, I have him at #3. Look, its hard to ignore how damn good Brady is. You can't ignore it. He's this generation's Joe Montana.

If he wins 5 SBs by the end of his career, I'll put him at #1. Right now though, Joe Montana is the best.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so Brady Beats out Favre... How about

1. Consecutive Starts by a QB: 253
2. Most Wins by a QB: 160
3. Most TDs: 442
4. Most Yards: 61,665
5. Most Att and Comp
6. Been to 2 Superbowls and won one.
7 Named the league MVP 3 consecutive times (Only player to win 3 let alone consecutively)
8. 9 probowls and 6 Allpro selections.
9. And my personal favorite... The way he plays the game and his love for it

EDIT---- Yes superbowls matter but to me they are a product of the team not solely the QB therefore i do not believe it should weigh heavily on who is dubbed "The Best QB of all time". Seeing as there will never be a general consensus there will never be a true "Best QB"

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 01-15-2008 at 12:54 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

There is NO one better than Brett...as much as I hate to say it...I am not even a big Favre fan and with a roomate from Wisconsin I have to pull against him...but man come on...it's unreal what he's done. Superbowls...MVPs...wins...

He's gone through plenty of talent...and plenty of time without talent...they've kept a great line around him...but he's taken his shots as well.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have Manning and Brady tied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote