Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default *** Conference Championships Gameday Thread ***

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS WEEKEND
(All times Eastern)

Sunday, January 20
San Diego at New England 3:00 PM
NY Giants at Green Bay 6:30 PM

(I hate you all. :() Discuss.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like you Geo! Wanna do lunch? You have to pick up the bill though because your team is no longer in the playoffs.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hope the Chargers and Packers win...
Old 01-15-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Lets see....

If San Diego wins I'll have to root for the NYG...gives the possibility of a Rivers/Manning bowl (where Rivers can own Manning :p), plus it would prevent the entire nation from rooting against SD (not that we have many fans to begin with, but if you throw us against Favre, all of America outside of San Diego is pulling for GB)...

buttt....if New England wins, I gotta hope Green Bay can win. I can't stand to have to choose between rooting for Eli to win a Super Bowl and the Patriots going 19-0. Yech.

EDIT: On another note, what game do you think the NFL wants to see happen. Any game with Green Bay gives you the "Favre's last hurrah" story; SD/NYG gives you the battle of the '04 draft day trade; New England always gives you the perfection story...which one makes the best story?

Last edited by JK17 : 01-15-2008 at 10:56 PM.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing New England and Green Bay in the big show.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England - 34
S.D - 31
I want SD to win but I dont think they have enough.

Green Bay - 27
NYG - 19
Lower scoring chess match GB edeges out in the end
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see either Green Bay vs New England or New York vs San Diego. I'd rather not see a rematch of one of the games that happened in the regular season.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one noticing how ESPN is hyping up a Brady vs. Favre Super Bowl before either team has won?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to pick the Chargers. I do. I think they'll get pressure on Brady, unlike the Jaguars. I think they'll dink and dunk, and run, their way downfield and move the ball well enough against the 2nd tier of the Patriots defense. At the end of the day, though, I think perfection continues. I look to see a heavy dose of Laurence Maroney to try and stifle the pass rush, and I think Watson and Welker could have big games. On the other side, I think the Patriots defense will shake up their passing game enough and that the Chargers won't have the gigantic rushing day they probably need to win.

Giants/Packers is much more interesting. I think the Giants need a huge, huge rushing effort, and I'm not sure they can. But I also think the Giants can get a lot of pressure on Favre while not giving up too many big plays or a big rushing day from Grant. Can Eli stay steady? Can Kevin Boss and Steve Smith deliver? Can Corey Webster play big again and help neutralize the Packers air attack? I think the Packers might get in trouble if Spags front 4 can get pressure consistently. All that said, I'm going Packers. Brett Favre will handle the pressure a bit better than Romo and make enough plays. Packers won't give up a gigantic rush day.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Am I the only one noticing how ESPN is hyping up a Brady vs. Favre Super Bowl before either team has won?
You watch ESPN for football information?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the X-Factor for the Giants game is our LBs. If they can plug up the holes and stop Grant from getting into open space, we can force the Packers to be one-dimensional and possibly create a better pass rush. I'm looking for a big game by Pierce for us to win.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Thats what they do, kinda how they talked about the pats and colts undefeated game weeks before it even happened, ill be watching closely to see if the calls are leaning towards that matchup...it probably does present the best story line, be interesting if it was the packers and pats who majority of people would be pulling for...

but I think that matchup presents the best ratings for a superbowl in some time quite possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're going to witness a Patriots vs. Packers Super Bowl, which everyone, including the nearly dying, will want to watch.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see Chargers and Giants win. Then, I would like to see Eli win.

Sometimes I feel sorry for him because he is compared to Peyton and Archie.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Lets see....

If San Diego wins I'll have to root for the NYG...gives the possibility of a Rivers/Manning bowl (where Rivers can own Manning :p), plus it would prevent the entire nation from rooting against SD (not that we have many fans to begin with, but if you throw us against Favre, all of America outside of San Diego is pulling for GB)...

buttt....if New England wins, I gotta hope Green Bay can win. I can't stand to have to choose between rooting for Eli to win a Super Bowl and the Patriots going 19-0. Yech.

EDIT: On another note, what game do you think the NFL wants to see happen. Any game with Green Bay gives you the "Favre's last hurrah" story; SD/NYG gives you the battle of the '04 draft day trade; New England always gives you the perfection story...which one makes the best story?
I think the majority of people will be rooting against SD no matter who they play if the make the Super Bowl. Some of the loudmouths on that team have really turned off a lot of people.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

[quote=RCAChainGang;845013]I would like to see Chargers and Giants win. Then, I would like to see Eli win.

Sometimes I feel sorry for him because he is compared to Peyton and Archie.[/quote]

This season was a big year for Eli. Especially these last few weeks. He is obviously never going to be Peyton and they shouldn't be compared, but everyone will continue to do it. However Eli has now won 2 playoff games in his 4th year, his 3rd full year starting. It took Peyton a couple more seasons to do that. That seems to be the new thing people want to point out. That pretty much doesn't mean anything, but if it gets people off Eli's back and stop comparing him to his brother than I'm all for it.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Packers and Chargers win, but IMO, the Superbowl will be between the Pats and Packers.

Patriots - 38
Chargers - 32

Packers - 31
Giants - 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think the majority of people will be rooting against SD no matter who they play if the make the Super Bowl. Some of the loudmouths on that team have really turned off a lot of people.
Oh definitely...I can't say we've exactly been the "classiest" organization...but there are still enough people out there that don't like Eli or New York sports in general that would give us some support...

Whereas playing the Packers...c'mon, even I kind of want to see Favre win one more before his career is done.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC Title Game

Patriots 38
Chargers 21

NFC Title Game

Packers 31
Giants 17
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

As nice as it is to be the favourite this year, I miss the years when we would roll into cities with 3rd and 4th string DB's and scrubs at RB and WR and still beat teams. I would much rather be in SD position than NE, but I still want and think NE will win.
With that said, I gave SD no chance going into IND last week. I for one, had thought nothing of Rivers as a QB, but right now, there is nothing I can do but respect him. I think it will be a game in Foxboro, and I cant wait.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said this in the Divisional round 2 when everyone was predicting an Indy blowout: SD has a chance against any team.

When you have run stuffers, a pass rush that can get to the QB, and a ballhawking secondary, you can slow down or stop teams. It's hard to score on good defenses in the NFL.

And on offense, LT is due for a monster game, plus the aerial attack has been clicking very very well. Rivers and Gates will play, don't be fooled.

No guarantees against perfection but I don't think this becomes a blowout.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I heard differently but I think I just heard something on ESPN about the Patriots thinking they don't believe the Chargers injury report saying that LT and Rivers are going to play either way. Now I do agree with the Patriots but this kind of makes me wonder, can they actually talk about injury reports that may be a little fictional? Maybe this just amuses me.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Eli, Eli, Eli... You look good man

http://drunkathlete.com/2006/12/27/eli-being-eli.aspx

(Scroll all the way to the bottom)
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Oh Eli, Eli, Eli... You look good man

http://drunkathlete.com/2006/12/27/eli-being-eli.aspx

(Scroll all the way to the bottom)
It's not like that picture hasn't been circulating on the internet for about two years now. I guess Favre has never been drunk let alone addicted to pain killers.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's not like that picture hasn't been circulating on the internet for about two years now. I guess Favre has never been drunk let alone addicted to pain killers.
I've been drunk, Favre's been drunk, Eli's been drunk, half the world has been drunk. I didn't take a personal shot at Eli saying he is a terrible QB or that this had anything to do with him today. I thought it was a funny given the current situation with me being a Packer fan and GreenBay playing the Giants.

But I guess your the bigger man digging into Brett Favre's past and talking about his addiction to pain killers and all that ****. Nice job man, be proud
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote