Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
well...the clip i saw, showed a pretty blatent forearm to the head by O'Hara to Aaron Kampman. it looked dirty to me, and i'm usually not biased, or a homer.

and, really, when Kampman was talking about it, he was smiling and saying it almost jokingly. so, it's not like our boys are really "crying about it."

but, whatever maybe i missed something.
The QB is still in the pocket, the linemen are still engaged, and the defensive linemen is closer to the QB than the offensive linemen. Thus, the offensive lineman hits the defensive linemen to prevent him from getting up and making a play.

That play happens handful of times every game. Not a dirty hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, we must be talking about different plays becuase the one i saw, Kampman was on his hands and knees.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well, we must be talking about different plays becuase the one i saw, Kampman was on his hands and knees.
Still allowed to get hit if the QB has the ball.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Don't lie to yourself....you know Packers/Patriots is the game that everyone wants to see and the one that would get the ratings.
And I honestly don't give a **** what people want. To me, Giants/Pats is the most interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish ESPN would stop hyping us up, its just setting the stage for an upset, thanks alot ESPN!

Maybe its just me but i really do think we're the better team, no doubt about it, but whenever you hype a team up like this it just sets the stage for an upset. I mean we have a better QB, better WR's, RB's are probably equal, better Oline, just as good of a Dline, better LB's and a better secondary.
I think Favre can pick apart NY's secondary because of its lack of depth, especially in he Big 5 set, I think Grant can keep NY on their heels. Clifton and Tauscher can contain Osi and Mike. Our good dline rotation always comes in handy late in the game. Plus i dont think NY has the type of depth at WR to challenge our depth in the secondary and Atari should manage Boss well.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
And I honestly don't give a **** what people want. To me, Giants/Pats is the most interesting.
Giants/Pats would be stupid. They both already played eachother in the in regular season and I dont see anything interesting about this game at all.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Giants/Pats would be stupid. They both already played eachother in the in regular season and I dont see anything interesting about this game at all.
The Cowboys played us twice and we ended up beating them in the playoffs in a very exciting game. So just because we played in the regular season does not equate for a miserable Super Bowl.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
NY vs. Boston. For ratings purposes I'm sure the NFL wouldn't mind having the NY area watching the game.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well...the clip i saw, showed a pretty blatent forearm to the head by O'Hara to Aaron Kampman. it looked dirty to me, and i'm usually not biased, or a homer.

and, really, when Kampman was talking about it, he was smiling and saying it almost jokingly. so, it's not like our boys are really "crying about it."

but, whatever maybe i missed something.
He did say it without the attitude that you would expect for a player complaining about cheap shots, so I agree that they're not really "crying about it." However, I still would have preferred it not becoming an issue that gives them a little more motivation thing. My same thoughts on the Seinfeld thing, I mean why do it? Just to get a little attention? It certainly isn't making Eli Manning uncomfortable because of some things called DVD players and Seinfeld seasons on DVD. Not to mention its also on TBS. Sorry, I'll wrap up my "Jay Zollar is an idiot" rant.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
He did say it without the attitude that you would expect for a player complaining about cheap shots, so I agree that they're not really "crying about it." However, I still would have preferred it not becoming an issue that gives them a little more motivation thing. My same thoughts on the Seinfeld thing, I mean why do it? Just to get a little attention? It certainly isn't making Eli Manning uncomfortable because of some things called DVD players and Seinfeld seasons on DVD. Not to mention its also on TBS. Sorry, I'll wrap up my "Jay Zollar is an idiot" rant.
"I'm going to send Eli a complete collection of 'Seinfeld' DVDs and a partial collection of 'Hogan's Heroes' for inspiration. I'm dispatching George Costanza to be the new traveling secretary for the Packers." - Jerry Seinfeld

Apparently Sony also sent Eli the full collection of Seinfeld on DVD and a portable DVD player.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
"I'm going to send Eli a complete collection of 'Seinfeld' DVDs and a partial collection of 'Hogan's Heroes' for inspiration. I'm dispatching George Costanza to be the new traveling secretary for the Packers." - Jerry Seinfeld

Apparently Sony also sent Eli the full collection of Seinfeld on DVD and a portable DVD player.
I heard about that last night, part of the reason why it was so stupid.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
If the Patriots played the Giants again they would win by atleast 3 TDs

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If the Patriots played the Giants again they would win by atleast 3 TDs
Thanks Nostradamus. I'll remember to put money on the Pats when they are a 10-14 point favorite.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks Nostradamus. I'll remember to put money on the Pats when they are a 10-14 point favorite.
Sorry if we're making predictions based on how good the teams are. The best teams dont always win, but upsets are the exception not the rule. There isnt anything on the giants team that can make me think theyll beat us
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Sorry if we're making predictions based on how good the teams are. The best teams dont always win, but upsets are the exception not the rule. There isnt anything on the giants team that can make me think theyll beat us
Thats fine. Obviously you think you will win. I'm not exactly extremely confident we will win. However to come out and say any one team will beat another by at least 3 TDs is a bit much.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think the Seinfeld thing is being blown out of proportion. Obviously it's not going to effect Eli's game; I think it was done more as a joke.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I think the Seinfeld thing is being blown out of proportion. Obviously it's not going to effect Eli's game; I think it was done more as a joke.
Agreed, I mean if a star QB can't afford a dvd player and Seinfeld dvd's that is sad. I think it was meant as a joke to get cheap publicity. If Eli doesn't give a crap why should anyone else.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer_Backer View Post
Agreed, I mean if a star QB can't afford a dvd player and Seinfeld dvd's that is sad. I think it was meant as a joke to get cheap publicity. If Eli doesn't give a crap why should anyone else.
Someone in the media asked Coughlin about it in his press conference yesterday. Coughlin got extremely frustrated someone in the media would ask a stupid quesiton like that. It was quite humorous.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sports Illustrated guaranteed a Giants win with their cover:

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Sports Illustrated guaranteed a Giants win with their cover:

....where?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Don't you see? Now Eli will be up all night on Saturday watching Seinfeld. The lack of sleep will cause him to be tired all day and he will have an even larger dumbfounded look on his face than he normally does as the Packers pick off his tired passes all night long. ;)
Old 01-19-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
....where?
Cover curse...

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Stufazz
Veteran

Stufazz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im at work for the games and was wondering what is the best radio station (non biased!) to listen to the games from the internet?

Hitman D for the sweet sig
Stufazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sirius is the easiest, non biased is hard, its easier if you just go to a local team radio station and listen there.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Patriots and Packers. First of all, I live in Wisconsin, and it will be nutso if the Pack are in the SB. Wouldn't mind the Giants in there, I wish the Pack-Giants game could be the SB cuz don't get me wrong, I hate the Pats and Chargers. However; gentlemen, or in Xiomera's case; lady, or in Patriots-Lions case: heshe, my hatrid for the Patriots is because on a February night in 2002, they were 3 points better than my team. They are simply a great team, and I wanna see greatness continue. However, I don't hate the Chargers; I hate Castillo, Merriman cuz they both used steroids, which is worse than what Bill Belicheck did, and I hate Phillip Rivers cuz he is a prick. Oh yeah, have a great day.