Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default We got our DC

Mike Zimmer. Whoop de freakin doo.

what do ya'll know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:23 AM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

goto www.bengals.com forums, lots of good info about him. He was only with the falcons for 1 year and we know how they did. Before that he was with Dallas as the DC and he rocked there. He even at one time had the #1 rated defense in the NFL.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

Why the Bengals hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why did we not wait to interview Ryan? How could Marvin say he would be a good fit and not even bring him in? Mike Zimmer? Here are his stats from lst year:
Atlanta finished 29th in yards allowed and gave up 414 points, fourth-most in the NFL
This is with good D player like D. Hall and K. Brooking amongst others. I hope this works because to me we hired the wrong guy.
Why the Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think judging him based on atlanta's season is fair. that was an absolute debacle down there and outside of deangelo hall they really don't have a defense to speak of. id actually go as far as to say our defense has MUCH better talent all around than atlanta's does. also, rex ryan is probably going to be a HC and waiting around to see how that unfolds probably isn't in our best interest considering the new DC is going to at least have to teach a new philosophy.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah with an offense that terrible it's hard to have a good D, plus it was just a mess anyway. He did a great job at Dallas even with adjusting to the 3-4.

He was my 2nd favorite behind Ryan... I did not see Ryan happening, first he'd have to miss out on the HC jobs then we'd have to try to pry him from the Ravens. If Gregg Williams got the Redskins job I would really expect that to be where he ended up if he was a coordinator.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like what he said in his press conference about giving this defense an identity. i think that is one of the big things we lack. he's a tough coach who stresses technique and is no nonsense which is exactly what were looking for. sure i would have loved to have gotten ryan but i don't think he was even in the cards.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 01-16-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why the Bengals View Post
Why did we not wait to interview Ryan? How could Marvin say he would be a good fit and not even bring him in? Mike Zimmer? Here are his stats from lst year:
Atlanta finished 29th in yards allowed and gave up 414 points, fourth-most in the NFL
This is with good D player like D. Hall and K. Brooking amongst others. I hope this works because to me we hired the wrong guy.
I don't think we waited for Ryan b/c we like to take all thr coaching staff to the Senior Bowl. We would have had to not have a DC while looking to draft almost all defense again. I think the DC needs to be there and we would not have had Ryan by then. I think we got a good one in Zimmer.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are underrating us. I'm not saying we are the 85 Bears or anything, but we have a few great players on D, and a few good ones. He could have done more here.

He talked about identity in his PC, but he needs to find one of his own. Sometimes he was agressive, others conservative, a little bit of everything.

Overall, I think he is a solid coordinator. I think he will definately help your DBs.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

Why the Bengals hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with some of your points and it is obvious our frustration as fans of this team are boiling over. To me we need a difference maker, someone who will teach these young kids about gap responsability, technique, etc. I hope we got him because if not Marvin's ship will be sunk and we will have wasted great offensive talent.
Let's now hope our draft consists of defensive front seven players in almost all rounds and not RB', backup QB, and TE.
Why the Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i wasnt trying to act like our defense is much better than the falcons. i just think we have more young talent that needs to be developed/stay healthy. i think zimmer could do that and i was just pointing out to my fellow fans that they shouldn't judge him based on last season because that was a complete and utter debacle in the ATL.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 01-17-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
i wasnt trying to act like our defense is much better than the falcons. i just think we have more young talent that needs to be developed/stay healthy. i think zimmer could do that and i was just pointing out to my fellow fans that they shouldn't judge him based on last season because that was a complete and utter debacle in the ATL.

Yeah, I'm just saying. That shouldn't have had a huge effect on Zimmer. He had the talent with people like Hall, Abraham, and Boley. Add in solid vets like Milloy and I would have expected to see more.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Part of the struggles in ATL I would think would be related to the offense and the situations they put the D in. Obviously this was not always the case but it has to get some of the blame.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote