Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-18-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Heimerdinger officially comes aboard

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=58577

When it came time to fix the Tennessee Titans' offense, head coach Jeff Fisher said he did some evaluation, and then decided he wanted to bring back “the best play-caller I’ve ever been around” back to the team.

Mike Heimerdinger officially accepted the position on Thursday and was reintroduced to the Nashville media on Friday via a conference call. The official hiring came just 48 hours after news that Norm Chow, who had replaced Heimerdinger in 2005.

“It happened quickly for this reason,” Fisher said. “Mike and I are familiar with one another. I spent five years with one another here, and he left on very good terms. We’ve maintained a friendship. …. I just felt it was an opportunity to take advantage of change, but also an opportunity to get to me the best play-caller I’ve ever been around back in the building.”

Heimerdinger, 55, takes over an offense he ran from 2000-04, one in which he helped Steve McNair develop in to a co-Most Valuable Player in 2003, and the careers of receivers Derrick Mason and Drew Bennett also took off with 1,000-yard receiving seasons.

Heimerdinger’s new mission will be to turn around quarterback Vince Young, who regressed in his second season after being Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2006. Young threw just nine touchdown passes in 17 interceptions in 2007.

Heimerdinger’s style has been one of tough love in his tenure, but he admits he will have to show patience with a young quarterback.

“I think we can go forward from what Norm has done with him and the offensive staff. You’ve got to be patient, and I’m well known for my patience, so we’ll be OK,” Heimerdinger joked. “A young guy if he wants to work at it, and stay consistent in what you ask him to do, the only thing he can do is get better.”

Fisher said he had not spoken with Young, whom he said is vacationing and out of the country.

Heimerdinger said he will be in Nashville next week to begin evaluating the current personnel and scheme. The Titans are expected to try and upgrade an offense that ranked last in red-zone efficiency last year, through free agency, the draft or trades this offseason.

“I’ll get back in there next week and sit down and start watching some film,” Heimerdinger said. “I worked with everybody on the offensive staff before except for the wide receivers coach. Those guys know what the personnel is and see what they’ve done scheme-wise.”

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I really like this hire. For me, the 02 and 03 years (especially 03) are the best offenses the Titans have ever had. Dinger works very well with Fisher and I was sad to see him leave. The stuff about his abrasiveness and inability to get along with QBs is overrated. So is the talk about Young having a thin-skin. I think Young was not happy with the way he was used under Chow. That's not the same as being thin-skinned. He'll be tough enough to get along with Dinger and smart enough to realize that Dinger can make him into a superstar in this league.

More importantly, our WRs will get better and the passing game in general should improve.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:22 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO screw you chow
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, if you could, please take Justin McCareins back too? Please? Pretty please?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Now, if you could, please take Justin McCareins back too? Please? Pretty please?
lol i highly doubt it
Old 01-20-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also liked his offense when he was here, but i'm sad to see chow, just one more chance i thought he needed.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Holy hell its smitty! where have you been? sabbatical(sp)?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heimerdinger offenses have a run-first mentality.

Really, more like a run first, second, and third mentality.

Eddie George toted the ball 1373 times from 2000-2003. That's an average of 343 carries a season. Meanwhile, each of those seasons he posted his worst yards per carry totals.

In his one year with the Jets, Curtis Martin had a career high 371 rushes... at age 31.

Of course, both of those runningbacks' careers ended quickly due to injuries.

So Heimerdinger won't do much to improve the passing game. What he will do is give LenDale the ball 350 times for 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns. His season stats will look good, but he won't have a single rush over 30 yards and every one of his touchdowns will be from within 10 yards.

If you're cool with that--- and the impending breakdown that LenDale will suffer before he's even 28--- then you'll love Heimerdinger.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Heimerdinger offenses have a run-first mentality.

Really, more like a run first, second, and third mentality.

Eddie George toted the ball 1373 times from 2000-2003. That's an average of 343 carries a season. Meanwhile, each of those seasons he posted his worst yards per carry totals.

In his one year with the Jets, Curtis Martin had a career high 371 rushes... at age 31.

Of course, both of those runningbacks' careers ended quickly due to injuries.

So Heimerdinger won't do much to improve the passing game. What he will do is give LenDale the ball 350 times for 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns. His season stats will look good, but he won't have a single rush over 30 yards and every one of his touchdowns will be from within 10 yards.

If you're cool with that--- and the impending breakdown that LenDale will suffer before he's even 28--- then you'll love Heimerdinger.
Youre talking to us like we dont know who he is or what he does. We know what he does. IDC if he runs lendale to china and back. If it improves our offense thats all that matters. And from the years he spent earlier here im pretty sure his offense will be better than chows.
And also, Eddies career was not shortened due to injury. He was just washed up and old when he was done. Not injured.

Last edited by Cashmoney : 01-21-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:26 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JT Jag is right. It's not like Steve McNair was the Co-MVP and Derrick Mason all of the sudden became a 1,000-yard receiver when Heimerdinger was the OC. Not to mention, we're definitely a pass first team with a poor defense. So bringing in this OC with a running mentality that would work perfectly with a great offensive line and stout defense is madness!

What have we done?!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I sure do love me some TitanHope.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

running backs can be picked up no problem if lendale gets run into the ground, ohwell, we can get a new one