Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Respect for Rivers

Yes I went on before about how I had no respect for Rivers and that he needed to step up and become a leader. But, after watching his performance against the pats tonight I have a whole new view on him. He was the heart and soul of the chargers tonight and played with poise. He made play after play and did all that he could. He could not have played tonight and no one would have thought any less of him. His career could have come to an end tonight with one wrong turn to that knee but he still went out there for his teammates and fans. So I take back what I said earlier and give Rivers all the respect I can. Even though the chargers lost tonight rivers proved to everyone what he is made of. So my apologies Rivers for ever thinking less of you.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Barbecue Bob
Rookie

Barbecue Bob hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What are your thoughts on LT then after this game?
Barbecue Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say he still annoys me, he is a crybaby, but he shut me up. That took man sized testes to go out and play through his injury.
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sign me up. He has played so well throughout the entire playoffs. Like it or not, it was a 2 point game in the 4th quarter despite the Chargers having every excuse in the book to get blown out, and Rivers was the reason.

Next year a healthy Charger team will be very very dangerous, and Rivers will be one of the primary reasons.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im disappointed that he didnt play but the report was it was not in his control the coaches wouldnt let him so i guess you cant blaim him...kinda pissed though

Old 01-20-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Barbecue Bob
Rookie

Barbecue Bob hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He just sat their on the sideline though, hiding his crying eyes from the world.
Barbecue Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I've always been a Rivers supporter (or homer if you will, I have been a big fan), but today proved the man does have balls and heart. Questionable antics that make him look a little immature....that being said, his maturity on the field and in the locker room shouldn't be questioned.

As far as LT, people seem to want a reason to hate the man. Just because Rivers played through injury doesn't mean everyone has too. We had efficient backups and LT just couldn't go. He tried to play all week, and was pulled based on a coach's decision. Until I hear otherwise out of his mouth I'll give a veteran of his status, who has played wtih injury before, the benefit of the doubt.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers did great, showed grit and earned himself some respect. LT should have encouraged his teammates, even when injured, you can contribute.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I've always been a Rivers supporter (or homer if you will, I have been a big fan), but today proved the man does have balls and heart. Questionable antics that make him look a little immature....that being said, his maturity on the field and in the locker room shouldn't be questioned.
I think people were making a mountain out of a mole hill with the "antics" and "immature" talk. When Tom Brady talked smack against Anthony Smith no one said anything, but when Philip Rivers said something to Jay Cutler it was blown out of per portion.

Quote:
As far as LT, people seem to want a reason to hate the man. Just because Rivers played through injury doesn't mean everyone has too. We had efficient backups and LT just couldn't go. He tried to play all week, and was pulled based on a coach's decision. Until I hear otherwise out of his mouth I'll give a veteran of his status, who has played wtih injury before, the benefit of the doubt.
L.T is one of the game's iron men. I remember back in '04 when he played through half a season with a nasty groin issue. He rarely, and I mean rarely, misses games. I laugh at anyone who questions his toughness.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have 100x the respect for him that I do for Tom 'Overrated' Brady
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Tom 'Overrated' Brady
Bwahahahaha

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I have 100x the respect for him that I do for Tom 'Overrated' Brady
.... You--- no wait...

I don't thi--- no wait....

Are you cr-- no wait...

Hah-- no, not that either....

I can't figure out what to respond to this kind of lunacy.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
.... You--- no wait...

I don't thi--- no wait....

Are you cr-- no wait...

Hah-- no, not that either....

I can't figure out what to respond to this kind of lunacy.
He probably thinks Chris Redman is just as good...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redman would play better if you got him some REAL weapons.

Like Methodman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there was much question about the guy's heart. Just his character. But major props to him playing through injury.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I don't think there was much question about the guy's heart. Just his character. But major props to him playing through injury.
I don't think there's anything wrong with his character. He leads a normal life with no problems whatsoever off the field. I just think his view of having fun is different than everything else. He's essentially an anomoly because he's a hardcore fan playing QB.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
i would love to see your life through a microscope. if you think so highly of yourself that you can actually question another man's character, then you, my friend, need to start a religion. get off your freaking high horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Has LT ever really had an injury problem in his career? He may be one of the luckiest players ever in that respect.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
Has LT ever really had an injury problem in his career? He may be one of the luckiest players ever in that respect.
He's played through several. Most notably in 2004 and the end of 2005.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He played real well. Hopefully he and the Chargers can continue their post season success into the regular season next year. With the emergence of Jackson and Chambers added to the regular dominance of Gates and Tomlinson?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ya with LT and Gates hurt Jackson got a chance to show off what he could do and did nothing but impress me. pumped to see him next year.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think people were making a mountain out of a mole hill with the "antics" and "immature" talk. When Tom Brady talked smack against Anthony Smith no one said anything, but when Philip Rivers said something to Jay Cutler it was blown out of per portion.
Different cirumstances. I see your point. But Brady got in Smith's face because he guaranteed a win against the Pats. Ive still yet to see why Rivers went off so hard on Cutler.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hate Phillip Rivers

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Its Ya Boy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I still hate Phillip Rivers
yea im with you. you could praise a guy all you want, but his drop backs looked like **** it seemed like he couldnt always get into his throws. hey sometimes whats best for the team isnt you playin but the healthest, i think if Billy V played they might have won.....but thats just cause i like Billy V baby
Its Ya Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give him credit for playing through a tough injury, but he needs to stop the trash talking stuff. He hasn't done enough in my eyes to earn that right yet.

There's a difference from having fun (like Brett Favre does) and just talking trash. Heck, if Brett wanted to talk trash, I think he'd have earned that right.

Maybe Tom Brady too, as I know he'll talk a bit from time to time. At least he's earned the right to though. Of course, doesn't mean I have to like it.