Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers plays much better when the adrenaline is flowing through him and he's talking trash, so I'll be upset if he ever tones it down.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah suddenly everybody always was a rivers homer for long time. .... phahaha

i dont like him very much and i didnt like his 5 stept drops , rollout right , side-arm overthrow to jackson or gates.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the Chargers for an admirable season. And props to Rivers for playing through his injury.

Im still debating internally who is better, Rivers or Roethlisberger. I think long term its probably Rivers, because he does a much better job reading defenses. But his lack of arm strength really hurts him. Either way, he'll be a fine qb in this league.

Just cut down on the immaturity and he'll be fine. That draft class is shaping up to be the best qb draft class since i believe it was 83?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Congrats to the Chargers for an admirable season. And props to Rivers for playing through his injury.

Im still debating internally who is better, Rivers or Roethlisberger. I think long term its probably Rivers, because he does a much better job reading defenses. But his lack of arm strength really hurts him. Either way, he'll be a fine qb in this league.

Just cut down on the immaturity and he'll be fine. That draft class is shaping up to be the best qb draft class since i believe it was 83?
83 was the big one. Don't judge Rivers' arm strength on today, he couldn't plant so all his throws were entirely upper body. He still did fine. The kid can make all the throws when healthy, even though he doesn't have a cannon.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
83 was the big one. Don't judge Rivers' arm strength on today, he couldn't plant so all his throws were entirely upper body. He still did fine. The kid can make all the throws when healthy, even though he doesn't have a cannon.
Oh I know, Im just saying in general. He's going to be a fine qb. When I study quarterbacks, the first thing I study is how they read defenses. You cannot be elite in this league if you can't read defenses. Rivers does a good job with that. He'll be fine.

The one thing he has to improve on however is handling the blitz. That will come with time though. He's going to be a great qb.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

I think Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning both came into their own the second half of this season. To me, they have finally arrived as legitimate QBs and justified the high draft choices it cost to bring them on board. Just goes to show you really need to wait three or 4 years to make final evaluations on QBs

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamprez2003 View Post
I think Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning both came into their own the second half of this season. To me, they have finally arrived as legitimate QBs and justified the high draft choices it cost to bring them on board. Just goes to show you really need to wait three or 4 years to make final evaluations on QBs
Yep, and for eveyone who still thinks JP Lossman is a good QB, let me tell you that out of the 4 1st round QB's selected that year, he is not only the only one ot never make it to a Conference Championship, but the only one to never make it to a playoff game.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
good point people dont take in to consideration all the things that go into making a good powerful throw. Rivers did insane considering the circumstances he was under... The wind was a major factor to so he did fine with no lower power body and a gusty wind.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Different cirumstances. I see your point. But Brady got in Smith's face because he guaranteed a win against the Pats. Ive still yet to see why Rivers went off so hard on Cutler.
Cutler was jawing with Phillips and Wilhelm even when his team was down in the fourth quarter. After the 3 and out during that play, Rivers came to congratulate Phillips and Wilhelm, and in the process, stared down Cutler.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I give him credit for playing through a tough injury, but he needs to stop the trash talking stuff. He hasn't done enough in my eyes to earn that right yet.

There's a difference from having fun (like Brett Favre does) and just talking trash. Heck, if Brett wanted to talk trash, I think he'd have earned that right.

Maybe Tom Brady too, as I know he'll talk a bit from time to time. At least he's earned the right to though. Of course, doesn't mean I have to like it.
But then you're holding a double standard for Favre. Do you think that Favre only started trash talking when he won a championship or became great with the Packers? No, he was a trash talker even when he had problems with the Atlanta Falcons.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was reading about how he had his knee scoped before the game, and now he needs his ACL repaired so he might miss all of his off season, shouldnt be too much doubt about his heart, tough that I was looking forward to this match up but would of really liked to see it with both teams at full strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Rivers ACL totally gone; LT doesn't need surgery

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/spo...log/index.html

Turns out, Philip Rivers ACL is completely gone and he will have reconstructive surgery in the coming weeks. The recovery times is unknown, but he is expected to be ready for the 2008 season.

Running back LaDainian Tomlinson said his sprained MCL will heal with about a month's rest.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Played on a torn ACL. Absolutely amazing.

It will probably be forgotten quite quickly because the Chargers lost but that is one of the greatest performances I have ever seen. He really put his career and future "life" on the line by playing in that game.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW a torn ACL?a gutty preformance
Old 01-21-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Different cirumstances. I see your point. But Brady got in Smith's face because he guaranteed a win against the Pats. Ive still yet to see why Rivers went off so hard on Cutler.
But Brady is the Golden boy... a Class act, he never shows immaturity.

But after a TD pass, he seeks out a 2nd year safety in the End Zone and mouths off until James Harrison told him to go sit down.

Thats cool. And the Anthony Smith quote was the WEAKEST Guarantee ever. "If our offense plays better than them, and we actually get some help from ST's, and our defense shuts them down, If that happens I guarantee we win".

As for Rivers. Kudos to keep going with a Tore ACL, Getting Leg Whipped, and Getting pushed after the play by Seymour.

Man I wonder what would really happen if Refs called Roughing the Passer equally.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

http://chargers.com/news/headlines/q...s-about-lt.htm
Questions about LT’s toughness are comical to teammate

As Charger players cleaned out their lockers Monday following their final team meeting of the 2007 season, they paused for a little comic relief as they listened to the talking heads question LaDainian Tomlinson’s toughness after he missed most of the AFC Championship Game with a sprained knee.

“That’s foolish,” offensive tackle Marcus McNeill said. “If LT can go, he’s going to go. He knows how big of a part of this team he is. Just for anybody to criticize him is disappointing to hear.”

Tomlinson suffered a hyper-extended knee in the Bolts’ Divisional Playoff win at Indianapolis, spraining his MCL. The injury normally requires a four-week rehabilitation period, but Tomlinson wanted so bad to be on the field against New England that he pushed his way through it.

“My thinking last week was it was going to take some time, but I figured I’d be able to play through it and try to go,” said the NFL’s two-time defending rushing champion. “For most people it’s four weeks. I tried to play in one week. I tried to tough it out. It just wouldn’t allow me to do anything.”

LT was on the field for the first two series Sunday, but after being hit on the first play, he re-aggravated the injury and knew he wouldn’t be effective.

“If I would have played, I clearly wouldn’t have been affective,” Tomlinson said. “When you have a sprained MCL, you can’t cut like your normal self. Your knee drags. You can’t explode. Any time you get hit it shifts a little bit. It’s unstable.”

Tomlinson’s spectator status caused some to criticize him for not gutting it out during such an important game. But with his physical limitations, coaches and team doctors decided it was best to keep the former NFL MVP on the sidelines.

“People who know LT and people who have watched him play, it’s not having all the information,” Head Coach Norv Turner said. “I know sometimes information is hard to get, but if there was a way LT could have gotten back in that game he would have.”

Tomlinson urged his critics to look at his history of playing through pain.

“I’ve played in games that were meaningless and was kind of banged up but I still played,” Tomlinson said. “It didn’t mean anything. For me to get to this point and really couldn’t play, I’ve fought through a lot of stuff and this was something that I really couldn’t do. It was a horrible situation.”

No surgery

Tomlinson’s injury will simply require rest, no operation to make any repairs. Doctors are still forming opinions as to whether or not tight end Antonio Gates will need surgery to repair his dislocated big toe.

“There are mixed reports and he’s going to see a number of people,” Turner said. “I think one of the reports is that it might be the best thing for him to have something done in there just for the long term.”

Turner praised Gates for the way he battled through his injury and also lauded defensive tackle Jamal Williams for playing through pain near the end of the season.

“(Jamal) was a deal where he just had a high ankle sprain and he needs rest,” Turner said. “A lot of guys don’t play with that high ankle sprain but he found a way. Again, as we talked late in the week and talked about different personnel groupings in case he wasn’t able to go, he said, ‘This is the AFC Championship Game. You ain’t getting me out of the game.’”

Hardware time

Chargers players voted on team awards Monday and LT was named MVP and Offensive Player of the Year for the fifth time in his career. Kassim Osgood earned Special Teams Player of the Year honors, Antonio Cromartie took home the Defensive Player of the Year award, teammates voted Kris Dielman the Lineman of the Year and Philip Rivers and Carlos Polk shared the Emil Karas Inspirational Player of the Year award.

Status quo

All of the Chargers’ assistants are currently under contract and Turner said that at this point no teams have requested permission to interview anyone from his staff for another position.

Aloha!

As a result of Sunday’s loss, Turner and his staff will coach the AFC squad at the Pro Bowl, which will be held February 10. A day after having his Super Bowl hopes fall short, Turner hadn’t had much time to think about the consolation prize.

“My kids are excited,” Turner said. “They get to go. The Pro Bowl is a great thing.”

Pats or G-Men?

Turner was asked Monday who he’d be pulling for in the Super Bowl, but he’s not ready to choose sides.

“The suddenness of not being in it, I haven’t given much thought as to who I’m pulling for,” Turner said.

Last edited by Xenos : 01-21-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
But then you're holding a double standard for Favre. Do you think that Favre only started trash talking when he won a championship or became great with the Packers? No, he was a trash talker even when he had problems with the Atlanta Falcons.
I'm not holding a double standard for Favre. I merely said, that in this point in his career, Favre has probably earned that right. I also said, I don't like it - but he's an accomplished enough QB to where he's probably earned the right.

Same with Brady.

When Rivers has won a couple of Super Bowl rings, gone to several Pro-Bowls (for what thats worth these days) - then fine. Talk trash Rivers, you have the right at that point.

Like I said, I don't like it when players trash talk, but that's just me. It's part of the game, but I wouldn't want to see my QB jawing with fans on the sideline. I want to see him focused on the game.

With all that said and done, he certainly gained a ton of respect from me after his effort on the field. Especially if he was playing with a torn ACL. I couldn't even fathom that. That takes serious guts. I think he'll turn into a good QB for the Chargers too.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm not holding a double standard for Favre. I merely said, that in this point in his career, Favre has probably earned that right. I also said, I don't like it - but he's an accomplished enough QB to where he's probably earned the right.

Same with Brady.

When Rivers has won a couple of Super Bowl rings, gone to several Pro-Bowls (for what thats worth these days) - then fine. Talk trash Rivers, you have the right at that point.

Like I said, I don't like it when players trash talk, but that's just me. It's part of the game, but I wouldn't want to see my QB jawing with fans on the sideline. I want to see him focused on the game.

With all that said and done, he certainly gained a ton of respect from me after his effort on the field. Especially if he was playing with a torn ACL. I couldn't even fathom that. That takes serious guts. I think he'll turn into a good QB for the Chargers too.
Him trashing talking to fans at the end of the game (probably because they caused it) isn't going to change his work ethics or his dedication to the game.

Do I wish he stopped trash talking to fans? Yes. That's really the only thing that I would change about his personality. But if it's what gets him going and being good, then I don't see the harm in it as long as it doesn't cross the line. And so far it hasn't. I mean if all he says is "thank you," "I'll be back," and "I appreciate it" after the Indy fans are cheering him leaving the game with an injury and flipping him off, then I don't see what the big deal is. I doubt the game ending trash talking to the fans was any worst than that.

Hey, maybe we would have won the game if he trash talk a little more in the AFC Championship.

Last edited by Xenos : 01-22-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

No, no, no. I don't think you guys read that right. He didn't play with a torn ACL. He played with NO ACL AT ALL! He had surgery before the game to have the whole thing removed. That is some Curt Schilling **** right there.

Phillip Rivers has now earned the right to talk as much trash as he wants. He put his entire career on the line all for the sake of simply getting the chance to go to the Super Bowl. Unreal.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
No, no, no. I don't think you guys read that right. He didn't play with a torn ACL. He played with NO ACL AT ALL! He had surgery before the game to have the whole thing removed. That is some Curt Schilling **** right there.

Phillip Rivers has now earned the right to talk as much trash as he wants. He put his entire career on the line all for the sake of simply getting the chance to go to the Super Bowl. Unreal.
That's a pretty big distinction some of you are missing. No one can question his toughness or willingness to compete again.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

After getting that clarified I have to agree, that takes some major guts to do. But I still would prefer it if he cut back on the trash talk, it gets old after while.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Rivers plays much better when the adrenaline is flowing through him and he's talking trash, so I'll be upset if he ever tones it down.
I hear you on that one. That is when he is at his best
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rivers makes Rambo look like a _________. (you fill in the blank)
Old 01-22-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Moron. This was 1000x's gutsier that Schillings performance. Schilling in the twilight of his career doing routine surgery which can occur in an outpatient center. People dont realize that the way weight is put on an ankle every pitch wouldn't really effect his ankle. A lil blood haha. Rivers played FOOTBALL after a procedure that a slight gust of wind could cause the end of his career.

Boston Fans.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

yes i would not say curt play was as gutsy as phillips but rivers has earned the right to talk as much trash as his heart desires. I just hope he thinks about the kids looking up to him before he does it.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote