Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-20-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default AFC Champions, on to the Super Bowl

Chargers played a hell of a game, but the Pats got the job done. Now begins the longest two weeks of the year!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Yes sir. Longest two weeks is right. Except Is rather listen to what guys like Brady, Manning, Moss, Bruschi, Strahan etc have to say over guys like Romo, TO and Crayton.

Still, great game by the Chargers. I take my hat off to Phillip Rivers. He sucked it up and plyed pretty well. I hate to say it, but if they were able to finish, they could've won the game.

Great game by Maroney. I think we proved today, that if the pass is taken away we can still run the ball, and against a top defense too. At least it will be in good/ controlled weather, so the pass shouldnt be affected.

PATRIOTS!!!!!!
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has been a special season but this site has radically changed this year from the past. Must say I missed ya Jay, I get the feeling you too were a little put off by the large amount of hating that transpires here. It took away from what will hopefully end up as one of the greatest sports memories of my life.

Good to see you back, keep the faith, and let's hope we get a classic ending to an all time great season.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heeeeeeey guys.
Yeah. Seems people are coming back now.
Yeah. The Chargers played their asses off, but we pulled it out. Worst weeks of the year coming up, but hopefully we come out of it with another title.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I decided not to waste my time during this amazing year while people cried all year over spilled milk. Now that everything has played out and we all have a better understanding of what actually happened, it's comical to see people get their panties in a bunch over it. Meanwhile, worse things have happened and been brushed under the rug, proving my theory that if it happened to anyone else, no one would care.

Nothing can derail the amazingness of this season. One game to go. It's what we hoped for all year. The chance to go for 19-0. No team has ever done it, and I don't think any team will ever have this chance again, just knowing how hard it was to get to 18-0.

The Giants are a TOUGH matchup. Plaxico Burress gave us (and everyone else lately for that matter) fits in that last game. I have a feeling, though, that Bill Belichick has been holding back a little these last few weeks. They've been running the same plays over and over and over and over again. I have a feeling he knew they could get by on that and now that the last game of the year has arrived, he's going to unleash some stuff we haven't seen all year. I'm talking craziness, like Randy Moss throwing to Donte Stallworth for a TD, or Matt Light catching a TD on a tackle eligible. Stuff that'll make you say "where the **** did that come from?!?!"

OK maybe not that dramatic. I don't worry about the Patriots scoring on the Giants. Crowd will be neutral this time, weather will be perfect and the focus will be intense. The Pats have already proven they can play in the spotlight three times in the last seven years. If they go out and execute and force the Giants to punt, we'll say, three times, they win this game. And it can't get here fast enough!!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

I wouldnt be surprised to see something like that happen. I think that the Giants secondary is a little softer than that of what we have seen the past few weeks.

I agree 100% with what you said in the first paragraph. They love to hate them, and anyone would give their left nut to be in the PAtriots place right now. They all say no, but we all know they would. Its fine with me, let them talk. I really dont care, because it has just been the best year of football one team could ever imagine, and I think this is the best team to ever play in the NFL.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I decided not to waste my time during this amazing year while people cried all year over spilled milk. Now that everything has played out and we all have a better understanding of what actually happened, it's comical to see people get their panties in a bunch over it. Meanwhile, worse things have happened and been brushed under the rug, proving my theory that if it happened to anyone else, no one would care.
Pretty much the same thing for me. I lurked from time to time, but it's senseless debating people who have convinced themselves not to listen. I like like the posters of this forum. A lot. It's a really good forum. But still, it's just tedious dealing with all the anti-Patriot sentiment.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Im going to open up with this Im a viking Fan
But more so Im a football fan
What the patriots have done is amazing reguardless the outcome. I bought the head coach game for no other reason then to try to see what it takes to build a team. for years ive enjoyed trying to draft guys and simulate the results of madden just to get an idea of what it must be like to be a gm. and even on madden a perfect season is nearly impossible while simulating the games. I truly love the Idea of dynasty's and the absolute prescision it takes to create one especially with F/A and S/C. What Bellicheck has done with a team that had a very small almost dead market is something even the greatest GMS in history would revel at. The have mixed the perfect recipe and baked perfection. AMAZING for years I have said Imagine how great Brady would be with good wide outs, For years Ive said ask yourself could manning take the exact same team brady has to the superbowl and win 3 times. And vice a versa. FOr years I have believed that Tom Brady was the best qb in the league. Being a Great QB isnt about most yards or more TDs If so many of the often mentioned QBs wouldnt even be in the conversation. the game has changed evolved the players have evolved. Each era growing and spawning new ideas. To Say the 72 dolphins werent great is absolutely crazy and pretty damn stupid. But to compare those dolphins with what the world has seen this year is even more lop sided. This Patriot team has set a standard that may never be seen again. They Have reached the pinnacle that may never be achieved in any sport ever again. While the names have changed the results have stayed the same. To Me it is very simple.
THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ARE THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED
THE STEELER OF THE 70'S
THE COWBOYS OF THE 90'S
THE 49EERS OF THE 80'S
THE PACKERS OF THE 60'S ARE ALL FIGHTING OVER THE REMAINING SECOND THIRD AND FOURTH PLACES.
COULD ANY OF THESE TEAMS BEAT THE PATRIOTS MAYBE..... BUT THE FACT REMAINS NONE OF THEM WILL EVER FIND OUT.
YOU COMPARE POSITION FOR POSITION GREAT PLAYER TO GREAT PLAYER AND WITH OUT A DOUBT THIS PATRIOT TEAM IS THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED AND DURING AN ERA THAT ASSMEBLING THEM WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT. AMAZING
NONE OF THE OFREMENTIONED TEAMS EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH SALARY CAP PREMADONNA RECEIVERS FREE AGENCY TV CONTRACTS STERIOD ALLEGATIONS AND ALL IN ONE SEASON
MY HATS OFF TO BELLICHECK AND THE PATRIOTS YOU HAVE PROVEN THAT IF PERFECTION IS SOMETHING THAT CANT BE OBTAINED AND ONLY A STANDARD TO BE JUDGED BY THEN YOU MAY WELL BE THE CLOSEST THING TO PERFECTION THAT WASNT CREATED DIRECTLY BY THE ULTIMATE GM HIMSELF.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Jay;855899]
The Giants are a TOUGH matchup. Plaxico Burress gave us (and everyone else lately for that matter) fits in that last game. I have a feeling, though, that Bill Belichick has been holding back a little these last few weeks. They've been running the same plays over and over and over and over again. I have a feeling he knew they could get by on that and now that the last game of the year has arrived, he's going to unleash some stuff we haven't seen all year. I'm talking craziness, like Randy Moss throwing to Donte Stallworth for a TD, or Matt Light catching a TD on a tackle eligible. Stuff that'll make you say "where the **** did that come from?!?!" QUOTE]

I agree. specifically defensively, its looked as though the patriots have been holding something back, playin very vanilla defenses for a few weeks now. If you look at the JAX game, I think the first time they sent some sort of blitz was with 3-4min left in the 3rd quarter. that does not sound like the Patriots defenses we have seen almost all year. I felt the same way when they played the Chargers. Offensivley I would expect to see some trick plays come in, but not too many. most teams try and use them this time of year as they have nothing left to hold back. Also, I am hoping that the 2 weeks off before the superbowl could help to cool down the Giants a little bit, somewhat like it was for the rockies before they played the sox.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and another point. I love how people criticize Brady all year for only throwing the deep ball, and how he is overrated because all he does is throw it deep. Then, after the JAX and SD games in the playoffs, when the deep ball was over covered with the safeties staying deep, and Brady throws short, they go back to criticizing him for only throwing short. Do they want him to force it deep and make mistakes/interceptions? They can't have it both ways, he can throw it deep and he can throw it short, he's proven that throughout this year.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote