Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Espn ranks top qb superbowl performances

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3204599
#1 is no surprise and he was on the bench by the middle of the 3rd quarter. "Joe knows superbowls".
sup3rdup3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Giants fan, I would argue Phil Simms #1. Also as a Giants fan, I would nominate Kerry Collins to be stoned to death.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
As a Giants fan, I would argue Phil Simms #1. Also as a Giants fan, I would nominate Kerry Collins to be stoned to death.
Of course you would, you're a homer. That would be the only way you would be able to convince yourself that 22-25 and 3 tds is more impressive than 5 tds or 6 tds.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simms should be higher. #3 in my opinion. He nearly pitched a perfect game. Seems like he is getting moved down a bit for throwing one less TD than the others. Of his three incompletes, two were dropped catches that should have been complete.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rdup3r View Post
Of course you would, you're a homer. That would be the only way you would be able to convince yourself that 22-25 and 3 tds is more impressive than 5 tds or 6 tds.
I know, I'm not saying that I'm not a homer, but if Phil Simms name was Joe Montana or Steve Young, he would be #1 or #2.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-22-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I know, I'm not saying that I'm not a homer, but if Phil Simms name was Joe Montana or Steve Young, he would be #1 or #2.
I don't care if you complete 30-30 passes, that is in no way ever going to be more impressive than SIX touchdown passes in a super bowl. Six touch down passes is ridiculous anyway you slice it.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 top 10s for Joe.

I wouldnt want any other qb other than Joe starting for my teamiin any game ever.

Best big game any game QB
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
3 top 10s for Joe.

I wouldnt want any other qb other than Joe starting for my teamiin any game ever.

Best big game any game QB
Ditto. Few people know that he holds every significant post season/superbowl record, including most td passes in both playoffs and superbowl and he's never been intercepted in the superbowl, 11 tds zero interceptions in 122 attempts.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 1992, after missing 31 consecutive games due to an injury to his throwing arm, Montana made a dramatic comeback. In the second half of the regular season finale, a Monday Night Football offering vs. the Detroit Lions, Montana performed his magic of old, completing 15 of 21 passes for 126 yards and two touchdowns as the 49ers defeated the Lions 24-6.

greatnesss!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
In 1992, after missing 31 consecutive games due to an injury to his throwing arm, Montana made a dramatic comeback. In the second half of the regular season finale, a Monday Night Football offering vs. the Detroit Lions, Montana performed his magic of old, completing 15 of 21 passes for 126 yards and two touchdowns as the 49ers defeated the Lions 24-6.

greatnesss!
The precursor to that was one of my earliest football memories. Leonard Marshall causing the injury that kept him out for that long in the 1990 NFC Championship game.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The precursor to that was one of my earliest football memories. Leonard Marshall causing the injury that kept him out for that long in the 1990 NFC Championship game.

Congrats on stopping our 3-peat. I hope you know that that's one of the most hated memories for niner fans, people in the bay area still talk about Montana being knocked out and Roger Craig(who isn't very liked because of that) fumbling TWICE on that drive. That 3-peat was going to happen too, GAH!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

And Montana cameback from injuries still a top 5 QB. Give me Montana in a preseason game or super bowl over any QB ever.
Quote:
Old 01-22-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Congrats on stopping our 3-peat. I hope you know that that's one of the most hated memories for niner fans, people in the bay area still talk about Montana being knocked out and Roger Craig(who isn't very liked because of that) fumbling TWICE on that drive. That 3-peat was going to happen too, GAH!
Forget about the 3 peat. We basically handed it to you in 89 by blowing our game against the Rams. Giants/49ers in the 89 season was a game that everyone should have seen and never did because we blew it. Parcells still says that may have been his most talented team and it was his worst coached game ever.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Forget about the 3 peat. We basically handed it to you in 89 by blowing our game against the Rams. Giants/49ers in the 89 season was a game that everyone should have seen and never did because we blew it. Parcells still says that may have been his most talented team and it was his worst coached game ever.
Maybe it would have been closer than the rams blowout, but I doubt you would have beat us. That team was destined for the super bowl that year, one of the greatest teams ever. We also beat you guys pretty easily in the regular season that year, so I doubt it.

Still, the 49er giants rivalry from the 80's is easily one of the most underrated rivalries ever. So much bad blood between the teams, Ronnie Lott and Phill Simms still don't talk to each other much. I still remember the Monday night game in 1990 where Lott and Simms werer fuming at each other. God I miss those days.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 performances in the top 5...3 in the top 10...the best performance overall...the GOAT. Gotta love Joe Cool.

P.S. Also loved seeing Young at #2

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 01-22-2008 at 02:03 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i will never understand how peyton manning won the superbowl MVP over Dominic Rhodes last year.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

And the worst starting QB in Super Bowl history is:

Hahaha...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How was Neil O'Donnell so high? There's no way that 11 QBs did worse than him.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Check out their stats and you'll easily see how. The other's stats are so much worse.

Reading those dreadful performance makes me laugh so hard.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
Check out their stats and you'll easily see how. The other's stats are so much worse.

Reading those dreadful performance makes me laugh so hard.
I would argue that no other QB has had the negative effect that Neil did against the 'Boys.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I would argue that no other QB has had the negative effect that Neil did against the 'Boys.
Kerry Collins. Enough said.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 01-23-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Joe Montana had some pretty memorable performances in the big dance.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do they try to make it seem like it was Brady vs Delhomme and Delhomme lost out, he fumbled after a blown block by stuessie and wasn't hit but LEVELED by McGinest and it was Kasay who blew the superbowl, Delhomme did everything he could to win it.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Because he didn't.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care if you complete 30-30 passes, that is in no way ever going to be more impressive than SIX touchdown passes in a super bowl. Six touch down passes is ridiculous anyway you slice it.
I'm sorry 30-30 is very impressive.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote