Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-23-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default iPod Help

Okay, I think my iPod is crapping out on me so as a last resort I thought I'd see if anyone has had this problem. I believe it's a 4th generation and I have had it since December or '05.

Basically it won't sync with iTunes. It keeps saying the iPod is corrupted and I have tried EVERYTHING. Restoring, re-installing iTunes, going to an older version of iTunes, etc.

Has anyone had this problem? Whoever gets me the solution to fix it wins an NFLDC cap so hop to it! :D

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throw it away and beatbox your own music.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, I am serious on the cap. I will get one in the mail on Monday to whoever brings me a solution that works.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
By the way, I am serious on the cap. I will get one in the mail on Monday to whoever brings me a solution that works.
Not a skilled beatboxer eh?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Here's what I found on the ipod website: link

Does it come with a number or anything next to the error message?

My best bet is that if your restored it to factory settings and it still has the problem, it's most likely an internal drive problem and time to buy a new ipod.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

My best bet is that if your restored it to factory settings and it still has the problem, it's most likely an internal drive problem and time to buy a new ipod.
.......or Zune!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
snuff

Do I trust Scott Wright with my address?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:

That is what I am afraid of. I was actually going to get a new one this summer but I was hoping to pawn this one off for a few bucks at least. Looks like my timetable may be getting pushed up!

That is pretty bush on Apple's part to put out a product that I paid $250 for and have it crap out after only a year and a half. I essentially paid almost $15 a month to rent an iPod for a while.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I'm gonna be careful with my ipod, because Apple offers to replace an ipod with a new one for $59 if the battery starts to give out, and I don't want to have to pay full price for one again.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few things, go buy an extended waranty now, I broke my iPod, bought an extended warranty the next day and went a week later and they replaced it.

Also, you might want to stop by the genius bar at a local apple store, might be able to fix it.

If you restored it/reset it and uninstalled/reinstalled iTunes, I can't really think of anything else.

Maybe you should throw it at a wall, it might not help, but it could relieve some anger when all your draft predictions come out wrong (Just kidding)

The only other thing I can think of is there something wrong with your data cable.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is what Ipods do... the only solution is to buy another one... This is the way they make money (not that they don't make plenty on initial purchase) but the batteries die anywhere from 1-3 years into the purchase and your only recourse is to be an entirely new Ipod... pretty lame on Apple's part...

edit- Actually... i'm assuming that it still plays music as you said that the problem lies with the ITunes connection... so yea, disregard what i said.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
this is what Ipods do... the only solution is to buy another one... This is the way they make money (not that they don't make plenty on initial purchase) but the batteries die anywhere from 1-3 years into the purchase and your only recourse is to be an entirely new Ipod... pretty lame on Apple's part...
Quote:
I'm gonna be careful with my ipod, because Apple offers to replace an ipod with a new one for $59 if the battery starts to give out, and I don't want to have to pay full price for one again.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
you still have to pay an extra $60... and are you informed about this at the time of purchase? is it included in their ad campaigns? the fact is that a lot of people will just end up buying a new one because they don't know about this...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
you still have to pay an extra $60... and are you informed about this at the time of purchase? is it included in their ad campaigns? the fact is that a lot of people will just end up buying a new one because they don't know about this...
It was one of the deciding factors in me buying mine. I don't know if other people would look that far into it, so I guess you're right.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes Scott so special that his problem thread gets stickied? Who does he think he is? He does not wear a mask and cape, and fight crime. Nor does he have a sidekick.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

go apple! :?

if you've gone through all of that, it sounds similar to what happened with my old dell player. basically, the hard drive platters fell off and the "needle" was no longer running in the track. plus it probably scraped completely across the data. regardless, my best guess is that there was some kind of impact involved (even vigorous arm-swinging if you walk/run with it) and that, with the mechanical failure, you're screwed.

regardless, in the future, your best bet is to screw apple and pick up a solid state player. especially now that the drive capacity will be increasing pretty dramatically in the next year or so.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
snuff

njx bought a dell product? WTF where you thinking? Seriously I thought better of you.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best bet is to try and reset the IPod to start. Try to do that while connected to your computer and ITunes as well. Are you able to test someone elses IPod on your comp.?

Anyways, try also to turn off auto-update or anything of that nature.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:00 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

If it says your iPod is corrupted, I'd say you're pretty much screwed. I've had that happen to my old MP3 player when it got a little bit wet (my 3 year old cousin... don't ask), and it was finished. It would play what was originally on it, well, half of it, but I couldn't add anything. I'm not saying yours got wet, but when anything HDD related becomes corrupted, you're probably going to be making a new purchase pretty soon.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably not, but it might be the cable or the usb port.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Ipods are made to be broken..."

You heard it here first.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mail it to the provider and there probably is a warranty on it for 2 or 3 years and see if they can fix it otherwise I'm sure they'll hook you up with a new one to keep costumer satisfaction high

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Planned obsolence (sp?)

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
If it says your iPod is corrupted, I'd say you're pretty much screwed. I've had that happen to my old MP3 player when it got a little bit wet (my 3 year old cousin... don't ask), and it was finished. It would play what was originally on it, well, half of it, but I couldn't add anything. I'm not saying yours got wet, but when anything HDD related becomes corrupted, you're probably going to be making a new purchase pretty soon.

Did your cousin pee on it? ... I would do what Jbond said and try and see if another ipod works to see if its your itunes or the actual ipod. I havent had this happen to my ipod so I dont know what it could be. Maybe the "Geek Squad" people at Best Buy could help you.
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
"Ipods are made to be broken..."

You heard it here first.
ive heard it a minimum of 100 times before you said it.