Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Not a bad idea, but should we draft Ellis just to be a part of a rotation? I would think taking a player #8 overall would and should serve a bigger role.
I agree, unless it is Dorsey but he wont fall to our pick.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Matt Ryan is becoming more and more of a possibilty, I mean a new HC and a new OC should mean a new QB even if we already have Troy and Kyle. I doubt either of the 2 will be our franchise QB's despite all the talent they have. Baltimore has never had a franchise QB and Ryan has the everything you look for in a franchise QB and some things need to be taught but that should be taken care of by Cam Cameron. Im starting more and more to like the idea of taking a QB even if we've got bigger needs.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Matt Ryan is becoming more and more of a possibilty, I mean a new HC and a new OC should mean a new QB even if we already have Troy and Kyle. I doubt either of the 2 will be our franchise QB's despite all the talent they have. Baltimore has never had a franchise QB and Ryan has the everything you look for in a franchise QB and some things need to be taught but that should be taken care of by Cam Cameron. Im starting more and more to like the idea of taking a QB even if we've got bigger needs.
I love Matt Ryan and would love to have him as our QB but Atlanta won't likely pass on him at 3 and we have to many needs besides QB. Cam has worked with young QB's before and he'll work with Kyle and Troy and QB shouldn't be a problem this year.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a bad idea, but should we draft Ellis just to be a part of a rotation? I would think taking a player #8 overall would and should serve a bigger role.
I agree, I like ellis a lot though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

if Ellis or Dorsey fall in the draft the patriots would pick them up
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind picking up a RB later in the draft too.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 02-03-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I wouldn't mind picking up a RB later in the draft too.
True, I wouldnt mind a change of pace type of back to come in in the 4th quarter. Maybe a speedy guy like Chris Johnson or Steve Slalton. Or a powerback. I dont think Musa is the answer though, he runs similar to McGahee. Ross should be given a shot though
Old 02-03-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I love Matt Ryan and would love to have him as our QB but Atlanta won't likely pass on him at 3 and we have to many needs besides QB. Cam has worked with young QB's before and he'll work with Kyle and Troy and QB shouldn't be a problem this year.
True, Its unlikely they will pass on him at #3 but if they do take him, is there a chance we take Brian Brohm? I would personally hate that. thoughts?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Totally Agree, I just think that Brian Brohm is going to a huge bust. I'll take Matt Ryan, I'll take anyone, just not Brohm.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Totally Agree, I just think that Brian Brohm is going to a huge bust. I'll take Matt Ryan, I'll take anyone, just not Brohm.
I totally agree here, Brohm is nothing more then a system QB who will fail in just about every system in the NFL.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
The Beast in the East

problem is ryan probably wont fall and all the other QBs just arent top 10 material. im kinda afraid theyll take brohm i just hope it doesnt come to that.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I totally agree here, Brohm is nothing more then a system QB who will fail in just about every system in the NFL.
seriously, i think Ryan is a decent QB for the NFL, but Brohm is terrible for a 1st rounder.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 02-03-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wanna trade down and get Phillip Merling.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

NFL MOCK DRAFT - Ravens 1st Round

NFL Draft Count: Brian Brohm| Louisville | 6'3 | 227 | 4.74 | QB
Sports City: Brian Brohm| Louisville | 6'3 | 227 | 4.74 | QB
NFL House: Matt Ryan | Boston College | 6'5 | 224 | 4.79 | QB
Fantasy Football: Matt Ryan | Boston College | 6'5 | 224 | 4.79 | QB
Walter Football: Matt Ryan | Boston College | 6'5 | 224 | 4.79 | QB
Junkyard Jake: Vernon Gholston | Ohio State | 6'4 | 258 | 4.56 | DE
Draft Tek | Ryan Clady | Boise State | 6'6 | 316 | 5.28 | OT
NFL Draft Scout: Ryan Clady | Boise State | 6'6 | 316 | 5.28 | OT
News NFL Draft: DeSean Jackson | California | 6'0 | 178 | 4.27 | WR

Was up with noone thinking we need a corner?

Last edited by The Legend : 02-06-2008 at 10:42 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:04 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

uhhhhhh no. corner is a must unless we go BPA somewhere else

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 02-07-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

Lets just hope and pray Junkyard Jake is right out of those predicitions. Matt Ryan blows!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I don't think it's that people don't think we need a corner, it's just that without a Malcolm Jenkins type player theres no guy out there, at least at this point, that looks to warrant a top ten pick. There's a bunch of guys that find themselves in the mid-late first round range, but not one guy who you say is worth the 8th pick.

At this point I just have no idea where we will go. Vernon Gholston would probably be my ideal pick. I'd love to get my hands on him because I think he'll be a dominant pass rusher, and the Giants showed with their Super Bowl victory that you can never have enough pass rushers. With that said, it's hard for me to imagine him getting past the Jets and Patriots at 6 and 7.

After Gholston, I'd go Sedrick Ellis. We need some depth and youth on the defensive line and Ellis is athletic enough that he could fit nicely.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 02-07-2008 at 08:45 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
I don't think it's that people don't think we need a corner, it's just that without a Malcolm Jenkins type player theres no guy out there, at least at this point, that looks to warrant a top ten pick. There's a bunch of guys that find themselves in the mid-late first round range, but not one guy who you say is worth the 8th pick.

At this point I just have no idea where we will go. Vernon Gholston would probably be my ideal pick. I'd love to get my hands on him because I think he'll be a dominant pass rusher, and the Giants showed with their Super Bowl victory that you can never have enough pass rushers. With that said, it's hard for me to imagine him getting past the Jets and Patriots at 6 and 7.

After Gholston, I'd go Sedrick Ellis. We need some depth and youth on the defensive line and Ellis is athletic enough that he could fit nicely.
Yea. ELiis would be a nice addtion and the more I think of it the more I like it. True he wouldnt do much for the 1st maybe 1-2 years but Kelly Gregg is 31 and should start to slow down and once that happens Ellis and Ngata will be an amazing duo of DT's.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mel Kiper has us taking Sedrick Ellis in his newest mock, and I for 1 love that pick! Kelly Gregg is great but he's not getting any younger and soon he may need to be replaced and having a DT duo of Ngata and Ellis for the future would be BEASTLY!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Mel Kiper has us taking Sedrick Ellis in his newest mock, and I for 1 love that pick! Kelly Gregg is great but he's not getting any younger and soon he may need to be replaced and having a DT duo of Ngata and Ellis for the future would be BEASTLY!!!
never hurts to have two study DTs. i love the pick too.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 02-12-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I second that post.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
lol i just said that but I know the idea of having Ellis and Ngata on the same line is great what are we going to do with our CB problems? I think we could go atleast another 2 years with Gregg on our line, but don't get me wrong I would love Ellis I just this that Cb is a bigger and more important need.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

look the bottom line is we are struggling with depth in most positions. It would be nice to take a franchise QB in rd 1 but Matt Ryan is not the answer. Take a QB later and sure up that DLine and def backfield. I think it would be a godsend if Gholston some how fell to us. He seems to be getting the hype that Suggs got before his draft year. We all know what happened and we ended up with the defensive ROY so keep your hopes alive ! Or it wouldnt be bad that we trade the pick and move down and maybe get a DeSean Jackson and pick up a 3 or 4 on day two. I think there is a lot of depth in this draft just not many superstars.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
look the bottom line is we are struggling with depth in most positions. It would be nice to take a franchise QB in rd 1 but Matt Ryan is not the answer. Take a QB later and sure up that DLine and def backfield. I think it would be a godsend if Gholston some how fell to us. He seems to be getting the hype that Suggs got before his draft year. We all know what happened and we ended up with the defensive ROY so keep your hopes alive ! Or it wouldnt be bad that we trade the pick and move down and maybe get a DeSean Jackson and pick up a 3 or 4 on day two. I think there is a lot of depth in this draft just not many superstars.
What does drafting Jackson do to help sure up this team? It basically just gives us another project receiver (which we don't need since all our WR's besides Mason are still projects) and says that drafting Yamon Figurs in the 3rd last year was a mistake. That and Suggs had a bad 40 time which allowed his stock to plummet thus he slipped to us while Gholston had an amazing combine and likely cemented his status as a top 5 or 6 pick. Honestly there is alot of inconsistencies in this post.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-27-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
TheChandlerFlash

Quote:
Rotating on a Defensive line is HUGE, just ask the NY Giants front seven. Ellis would eventually grow into a starter....