Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about Edge?

im thinking 3rd or 4th
Old 01-27-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
Roy Williams' contract status and injury history probably knock his trade value down to a 2nd round pick....but I do think he'll be somewhere else next year.

Titans' GM Mike Reinfeldt has made it clear that they're looking to trade for a WR and TE this offseason. Look for them to make a hard run at Williams; I'm guessing they'll also make inquiries as to the availability of Jeremy Shockey.

How about Pacman Jones? From a talent standpoint, the guy is worth two first-round picks....but he's such an idiot, the Titans will be lucky just to recoup their bail money. But then, all it takes is one team who's willing to roll the dice on the guy....
His injury history hasn't been all that bad and the fact that he is still on his rookie contract is a plus I think he is still a 1st round buy.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
yeah i know but i had to get the thread started and he most probly our only trade-able player

ok ill make a bit more intresting Todd Heap TE Ravens
How about Todd Heap for KGB?

Heap would get at least a 3rd rounder. It seems trade value for players has gone way down. Javon Walker 2nd rounder, Randy Moss 4th, Wess Welker was a 3rd or so (maybe 2 picks, don't remember).

I can't think of too many guys in this draft I'd want more at TE than Heap, though. Worth a 3rd, 2nd if your starter leaves or gets hurt.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would really be upset if we trade D.Hall

Best Case:Mid 1st round pick

Worst Case:Early 2nd
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
If that is Niners fans setting that value... no way. Would never take a 2nd for him.
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=23734

Lions WR Williams to 49ers

Other news includes the rumor that Lions wide receiver Roy Williams is on the trading block, and one report said Detroit would look for a second-round pick in return. Williams played for two seasons under former Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who's now with the 49ers, so would the 49ers look to make a deal for Williams? It's unlikely, particularly at that price. Williams caught 63 passes for 836 yards and five touchdowns this year. But at 6-5, 212 pounds, he's not your typical speedy Martz receiver, and he also has been known to speak his mind. -- SF Chronicle
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would have to be a very early 2nd round pick, and even then that's not a sure thing.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
Roy Williams' contract status and injury history probably knock his trade value down to a 2nd round pick....but I do think he'll be somewhere else next year.

Titans' GM Mike Reinfeldt has made it clear that they're looking to trade for a WR and TE this offseason. Look for them to make a hard run at Williams; I'm guessing they'll also make inquiries as to the availability of Jeremy Shockey.

How about Pacman Jones? From a talent standpoint, the guy is worth two first-round picks....but he's such an idiot, the Titans will be lucky just to recoup their bail money. But then, all it takes is one team who's willing to roll the dice on the guy....
Contract? He has a reasonable contract. As said above, he is still on his rookie contract.

Injury concerns? It's not like this guy has torn an ACL or blown out a knee. He messed up his fingers this season [if I remember correctly]. So no... that is blown our of proportion.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=23734

Lions WR Williams to 49ers

Other news includes the rumor that Lions wide receiver Roy Williams is on the trading block, and one report said Detroit would look for a second-round pick in return. Williams played for two seasons under former Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who's now with the 49ers, so would the 49ers look to make a deal for Williams? It's unlikely, particularly at that price. Williams caught 63 passes for 836 yards and five touchdowns this year. But at 6-5, 212 pounds, he's not your typical speedy Martz receiver, and he also has been known to speak his mind. -- SF Chronicle
Ugh.......

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about DeAngelo Hall? I doubt he gets traded because of Mike Smith being more of a players coach...but still?

I am thinking mid first.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
how about Edge?

im thinking 3rd or 4th
nah i think he would go for a 5th. i think thats his value but personally, i wouldnt trade for him at all. plus the amount hes making. i know he raked in last year getting a total of 14 mil, so i dont know if theres much left in the contract but still. someone mentioned something about teams not willing to trade for veteran LB's i think its mroe of a case for RB's.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also i think if their was a deal on the table for a reasonable 2nd round pick on draft day, then i think they would pull the trigger. nice depth in this draft, so settling for a 2nd rounder isnt as bad as it seems
Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to trade Roy Williams to the lockess monster and you know what he wanted?!?!

"'Bout tree fiddy".

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I tried to trade Roy Williams to the lockess monster and you know what he wanted?!?!

"'Bout tree fiddy".
thats weird, some girl scout came by the other day asking for the same amount for some thin mints.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
thats weird, some girl scout came by the other day asking for the same amount for some thin mints.
"Well it was about that time that I noticed this girl scout was about eight stories tall and a crustacian from the paleolithic era..."

Old 01-28-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Contract? He has a reasonable contract. As said above, he is still on his rookie contract.

Injury concerns? It's not like this guy has torn an ACL or blown out a knee. He messed up his fingers this season [if I remember correctly]. So no... that is blown our of proportion.
Look at Williams' career....he has played a full 16 games only once in his career. When a guy misses 3-4 games per year, his trade value diminishes.

As far as the contract status goes...he's only under contract for one year. Nobody is going to give up their first-round pick for a guy who might be around for only one year. Of course, the answer to that is to have a new contract worked out before the trade happens. If Williams is willing to sign a relatively reasonable deal, then maybe the team is willing to give up their first-round pick. But if he's looking for a $50M+ deal, then teams will be less flexible in terms of what they're willing to give up.

You've also got to factor in the Lions' lack of leverage. They have to move him this offseason, and everyone knows it.....otherwise, he walks next year, and they get nothing.

The only way I can see them getting a 1 for him would be if they get something worked out with a team at the top of round 2, and somebody near the bottom of round 1 trumps it at the last minute.... Cowboys, Jags, or Titans, for example. (Niners might be a possibility, but I doubt Williams would sign a contract extension to work under Mike Martz again.)
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Well it was about that time that I noticed this girl scout was about eight stories tall and a crustacian from the paleolithic era..."
I keep telling you, don't you give him that tree fiddy!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Stroud anybody?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Marcus Stroud anybody?
Yes, please :)

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
If that is Niners fans setting that value... no way. Would never take a 2nd for him.
If the lions are willing to part with him for a late round 1st it isn't inconceivable that a high second rounder would do the trick if there was someone they valued at that spot.

Seeing how this draft is loaded with OT and CB talent, I don't see why they wouldn't make a trade for a guy who could be a starter on draft day.

It makes total sense in that a future starter at CB or potential LT to replace Backus would be better for the longterm future of the team than Williams who could very well leave after next year.. but who knows. It is Millen.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't ever happen but what about Julius Peppers.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mid-high 1st I'm sure.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
mid-high 1st I'm sure.
id say top 5 IMO for peppers

stroud top 20
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Oh my garsh can we PLEASE stop the love fest for Peppers? A top 5 pick? No way. He's got what, a year left on his contract? And he was awful last year. A-W-F-U-L. This is a what have you done for me lately league.

Randy Moss went from a guy that got the 7th pick in the draft to a 4th rounder two years later. If Moss can sink in value, anyone can.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Oh my garsh can we PLEASE stop the love fest for Peppers? A top 5 pick? No way. He's got what, a year left on his contract? And he was awful last year. A-W-F-U-L. This is a what have you done for me lately league.

Randy Moss went from a guy that got the 7th pick in the draft to a 4th rounder two years later. If Moss can sink in value, anyone can.
what do you think his vaules is then?
Hines Ward?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:07 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
what do you think his vaules is then?
Hines Ward?
he's 31 and in my mind not a top ten reciever in the league. so talking just about value (because he means way to much to pittsburgh). i would say 3rd rounder