Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about bengals DE justin smith?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JP Losman?

I'd be willing to trade our 1st for Larry Fitz. (I dont know how many Bills fans would agree with this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

I'd trade the Bucs 1st rounder for Fitzgerald.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
How about Larry Fitzgerald? Mid to late first round pick? I'm guessing here.
24 year old 1,400 yard pro bowl receiver worth a mid to late first round pick???

Maybe its just me, but I think some people in this thread are overvaluing draft picks.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Everything I've seen has pointed to them not accepting anything less than a 1st, the'd definately want more than what Schaub got.
i agree and they should get more...Anderson is a much better prospect than shaub i feel. Shaub might make better decisions but that can be fixed for anderson...anderson is bigger and better arm and all around better athlete...1st rounder...to hard to get a good proven QB these days.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Fitzgerald would require at least a first and a third...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Ray Lewis.....
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Ray Lewis.....
With his contract, nothing. He's already overpaid. The only reason the Ravens don't just cut him is sentimental reason and fan base loyalty.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
what about bengals DE justin smith?
He's an unrestricted free agent, and I can't imagine the Bengals being stupid enough to franchise tag him two years in a row.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i couldnt believe they did it the first time.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was good thinking by Smith and his agent to have him sign the franchise tag offer immediately last offseason, even though it meant he'd have to report to OTAs, training camp, etc. Because if he hadn't signed it, like every other player designated with the franchise tag tender would do, would allow the Bengals to rescind the offer at any time. I thought that was particularly funny, myself.

But yeah, the Bengals should probably let him walk and let someone else overpay for him. Especially if David Pollack is able to return to football this year, which the Bengals should reportedly find out in the next two weeks.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember where I saw it, but if David Pollack is healthy the Bengals will be reportedly shifting to the 3-4. It's not as if Marvin Lewis doesn't know how to do it.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of these values are just absurd. The Quinn one made me laugh the most. A third?! He was JUST taken #22 overall, and that was a monumental steal. How in the world did his stock drop two rounds? If Cleveland were to trade him, it would be for a top 15 pick at the very least. Hell, if I were Atlanta, I'd be looking for some 2005/06 Notre Dame tape right now. He's surely a better option than Matt Ryan, and less than a year older.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Some of these values are just absurd. The Quinn one made me laugh the most. A third?! He was JUST taken #22 overall, and that was a monumental steal. How in the world did his stock drop two rounds? If Cleveland were to trade him, it would be for a top 15 pick at the very least. Hell, if I were Atlanta, I'd be looking for some 2005/06 Notre Dame tape right now. He's surely a better option than Matt Ryan, and less than a year older.
I wouldn't go nearly that far. Quinn dropped for a reason. That said, he could still pull in a 1st rounder close to where he was selected. I agree that a 3rd rounder is silly.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Oh my garsh can we PLEASE stop the love fest for Peppers? A top 5 pick? No way. He's got what, a year left on his contract? And he was awful last year. A-W-F-U-L. This is a what have you done for me lately league.

Randy Moss went from a guy that got the 7th pick in the draft to a 4th rounder two years later. If Moss can sink in value, anyone can.
Julius Peppers is as good a defensive end as Moss is, a receiver except he doesn't fight with his team mates, doesn't throw them under a bus, has no injury issues whatsoever and is from all reports a pleasure to coach.

Lets not get too carried away, the guy had a down year, but so has just about every player in the NFL. Plus if you actually knew anything about the player you decided to so aggressively condemn you would know there's a lot of contributory factors in his downturn in play.

Last edited by BlindSite : 01-29-2008 at 02:29 AM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
I can't remember where I saw it, but if David Pollack is healthy the Bengals will be reportedly shifting to the 3-4. It's not as if Marvin Lewis doesn't know how to do it.
There's some good 3-4 DL prospects in this year's class, assumng the Bengals draft one or two, now's probably as good time as any for Lewis to finally make the move.

I have a suspicion the Bengals wanted Jarvis Moss last year, and that's why Shanny and the Broncos unexpectedly traded up four spots with the Jags, traded up right before Cincy was on the clock and taking Moss for themselves. Maybe Lewis thought Moss could be his 4-3 DE, until an eventual transition to 3-4 OLB like Pollack, assuming that thought is true.

Not to derail, but I actually think the Bengals take Ryan Clady at #9 if he's still on the board. Maybe that's a surprise, I don't know.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Julius Peppers is as good a defensive end as Moss is.
Well I can't disagree with that.

I'm not "condemming him", I'm stating a fact. He had a terrible year. His stock is way down. Now would not be the year to trade him. Hell, there are reports that the Panthers aren't even likely to resign him.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports? How about a source for these reports...

Fact is the Panthers are going to give him a massive contract and its nuts absolutley nuts to suggest otherwise...

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:55 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
There is never a very big market for veteran linebackers on the downside but Peterson still has couple good years left, i'd say 5-7th.
You might see Atlanta show some interest. Mike Smith and Peterson seem to be very close, so if he's available for a late pick there might be a chance. Brooking would shift back to the weakside, with Nicholas taking over in 2009.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think the Lions could get a 2nd for Shaun Rogers. Contract is too big and attitude problem is a huge deterrant. I think Williams is much more likely to be dealt than Rogers for that very reason.
If Rogers goes to a team that has been winning and have a chance to go to the playoffs or superbowl then I doubt we will see the same Rogers, Rogers can slack off at Detroit because he has nothing to play for.

How about Corey Williams?(if we tag him.)
Old 01-29-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Hell, id be happy if we got a 5th for pacman. We definitely need help on Offense. If we got roy williams for our 2nd, and then maybe shockey with our 3rd, i would pee my pants.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:26 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i hate to even think about it , but many saints fan would do it in heartbeat.... so whats Deuce McAllister´s value ?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:27 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

mid second rounder to third...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I doubt McAllister would get that, even if he proved he was fully healthy from his second ACL injury in three years. Adding in his deal probably needing to be restructed, I haven't checked the exact figures but the Saints signed him to a big extension a few years ago.

Plus it's a deep RB class, you could grab a younger back out of college who would have a much better contract for four years.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With his contract, nothing. He's already overpaid. The only reason the Ravens don't just cut him is sentimental reason and fan base loyalty.
He may be a little overpaid but he is still a good LB.

Kyle Bollers value?