Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-23-2007, 07:20 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Your five favorite current athletes

Don't necessarily have to be the best. Here are mine, one from every sport.

NFL - Eli Manning. The second i heard Peyton's brother was going to be in the NFL draft, i knew the Giants had to get him. I became a fan then, and have been ever since. He'll break out next year, and hopefully become a leader

NBA - Kyle Korver. I like european style of basketball, but i've always been a sixers fan. Korver is a 3 point threat, but is only a role player. The lack of a allstar on the sixers is holding him back a bit, even though he put up 31 points a few days ago.

MLB - Vladimir Guerrero. I love his swing. He can hit almost any pitch and is the funnest hitter to watch. He can send almost any pitch into the stands.

NHL - Alexander Ovechkin. He's the only reason I even slightly follow hockey. Great goal scorer and very fun to watch. He and crobsy are the future of the league.

NASCAR - Dale Jr. I rarely ever watch or follow nascar, but when and if I do, i root for Dale Jr.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Mallett
Mike Hart
Mario Manningham
Shawn Crable
Steve Brown
Old 02-23-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

On my teams:
MLB- Robinson Cano
NFL- Jonathan Villmmaaaaa
NBA- DLee
NHL- Henrik Lundqvist

Not on my teams:
MLB- Albert Pujols
NFL- Steven Jackson
NBA- Lebron James
NHL- Martin St. Louis

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lleyton Hewitt
Joey Galloway
Harrey Kewell
Michael Clarke
Anthony Minichiello

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24
Lleyton Hewitt
Joey Galloway
Harrey Kewell
Michael Clarke
Anthony Minichiello
I've only heard of Joey Galloway. I'm guessing the rest are Australian.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24
Lleyton Hewitt
Joey Galloway
Harrey Kewell
Michael Clarke
Anthony Minichiello
I've only heard of Joey Galloway. I'm guessing the rest are Australian.
You'd be right in guessing that.. Hewitt is the tennis player, Kewell the soccer pleyer, Clarke the cricketer and Minichiello the rugby league player

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Peyton Manning NFL Colts
Jason Williams NBA Heat
Todd Pratt MLB
Colin Falls NCAAB Notre Dame
Tom Zbikowski NCCAF Notre Dame

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

I can't just choose 5 when picking from a bunch of different sports, so I'm doing 5 from each sport I watch.

NFL - Vilma, Bailey, Vick, Moss, Reed

NBA - Carter, Nash, Howard, Bosh, Kidd

NHL - Nash, Rafalski, Tucker, Kolzig (when he was younger), Brodeur

Soccer - Ballack! - Henry, Drogba, Lahm, Klose.

Tennis - Roddick, Philippoussis, Rater, Sampras, Agassi. And Sherapova, of course.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFL- Kampman, Vick, Urlacher, LJ, K2
NBA- Dirk, King James
Soccer- Zlatan Ibrahimovic, all the Dutch (represent), Didier Drogba
NASCAR- Tony Stewert, Dale Jr., Ryan Newman

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL: Ladainian Tomlinson
NBA: Dirk Nowitski
MLB: David Wright
NHL: Sidney Crosby? :?
Poker: Phil Ivey
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Strahan
Zach Thomas
Brian Dawkins (awfully hard for me to admit this, but he's everything you want in a Safety)
Antonio Pierce
Jeremy Shockey

For other sports:

Lebron James, David Lee and Amare Stoudemire

Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza and Mariano Rivera

Zazu (Zidane), Henry, Ronaldo
Old 02-23-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB Derrek Lee
NFL Tommie Harris
NBA Kevin Garnett
NCAAF John David Booty

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFL=Roy Williams (WR)
NBA=Chauncey Billups
MLB=Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez
NCAA FB=Mario Manningham
NCAA BB=Brent Petway

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

NFL - Shaun Rogers DT
NBA - Richard Hamilton SG
MLB - Joel Zumaya RP
NCAAF - Mike Hart RB

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Luol Deng, A.J. Hawk, Al Harris, Aaron Kampman, Ray Lewis.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL- Brett Favre
NBA- Michael Redd
MLB- Prince Fielder.....I bet you're suprised
NHL- Jerome Iginla
NASCAR- Kyle Busch

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL- Brett Favre, AJ Hawk, Aaron Kampman, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings
NBA-Michael Redd, Andrew Bogut, Ray Allen(DAMN THE BUCKS FOR TRADING HIM), Dwayne Wade, Michael Finley
MLB-Ben Sheets, Prince Fielder, Scott Podsednick, Albert Pujols, David Eckstein
NCAAB-Alando Tucker, AJ Abrams(used to play football with him, but damn does he have a nice shot), Kevin Durant, Kammron Taylor, Greg Oden
NASCAR-Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, Jr., Ryan Newman, Harvick
Poker- Phil Ivey
Homer? Probably.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
NFL: Ladainian Tomlinson
NBA: Dirk Nowitski
MLB: David Wright
NHL: Sidney Crosby? :?
Poker: Phil Ivey
Phil Ivey is the master.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

On My Teams:
NFL: Ernie Sims
MLB:Craig Monroe/Justin Verlander
NHL:Henrik Zetterberg
NBA:Chauncey Billups
NCAAF: SirDarean Adams (OLB Michigan State)
NCAAB: Drew Neitzel (he was before the Wisconsin Game, im not a fairweather fan)

Not On My Teams:
NFL: Maurice Jones-Drew/DeMeco Ryans
MLB: Vladimir Guerrero
NHL: Brendon Shannahan
NBA: VINCE CARTER 1a. Ray Allen
NCAAF: Darren McFadden
NCAAB: Kevin Durant/Acie Law

Retired:
NFL: Barry Sanders
MLB: Cecil Fielder
NHL: Steve Yzerman
NBA: Magic Johnson
NCAAF*: CHARLES ROGERS
NCAAB*: Mateen Cleaves/ Aloysius Anagonye

OVERALL:
1. Charles Rogers
2. Magic Johnson
3. Mateen Cleaves
4. Barry Sanders
5. Cecil Fielder
6. Vince Carter
7. Steve Yzerman
8. Ray Allen
9. Craig Monroe
10. Aloysious Anagonye

*Their careers essentially ended after they left school

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFL - Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, Roy Williams(Dallas), T-New, Adrian Peterson

NBA - Dirk, Pau Gasol, Kidd, Josh Howard, Shaq, Hibachi

Soccer - Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, David Villa, John Terry, Buffon

MLB - Miguel Cabrera, Mark Teixeira, Michael Young, Kenneth, Adam Dunn

Nascar - Jeff Gordon
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nnamdi Asomugha
Vince Young
John David Booty
Kevin Durant
Ryan Miller
Old 02-23-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kevin Durant
Eric Staal
Ed Reed
Kobe Bryant
Carlos Guillen
Old 02-23-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Scorch
Veteran

Scorch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Favorite Teams:
NFL - Jonathan Vilma, Kerry Rhodes, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold
NBA - Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili
MLB - Derek Jeter, Chien-Ming Wang, Melky Cabrera, Alex Rodriguez
NHL - Martin Broduer, Patrik Elias, Scotty Gomez, Brian Rafalski

Non-Favorite Teams:
NFL - LaDainian Tomlinson, Troy Polamalu, Champ Bailey, Hines Ward
NBA - Kevin Garnett, Yao Ming, Luol Deng, J.J. Reddick
MLB - Albert Pujols, Jered Weaver, Vladimir Guerrero, David Wright, Roger Clemens
NHL - Sidney Crosby, Scott Neidermayer, Joe Sakic

Miscellaneous:
NCAAF - (No one in particular)
NCAAB - Josh McRoberts, Greg Paulus, Greg Oden
NASCAR - Mark Martin, Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Men's Tennis - Andy Roddick
Women's Tennis - Maria Sharapova
Men's Golf - Tiger Woods
Women's Golf - Se-Ri Park, Michelle Wie
Soccer - Park-Ji Sung, Ronaldinho Gaucho, Lionel Messi, Gianluigi Buffon

Retired Players:
NFL - Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin (soon to be)
NBA - George Gervin, Larry Bird
MLB - Babe Ruth
NHL - Scotty Stevens, Mario Lemuix
Old 02-23-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not 5 but... (My favs)

NFL: Demarcus Ware, Tony Romo, Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd

NBA: Dwight Howard, Trevor Ariza, Darko Milicic

MLB: Adam Laroche, Chuck James, Andruw Jones, Brian Mccann

NCAAB: Chase Budinger

NCCAF: Steve Slaton

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL - Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders.

NBA - AK47 (and other Russians), Jermaine O'Neal, Danny Granger.

MLB - David Wright, Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran.

NHL - All Russian Players, Sid Crosby.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote