Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

absolutely goin to buy it, but it is kinda goin overboard

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is nuts! Just like those *** ass 19-0 pink t-shirts.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The two weeks before the super bowl are really filled with a lot of nonsense. I can't wait for the game because they are two great teams who match up well and battled for 60 minutes against eachother a few weeks ago. I am from Boston and still live in Massachusetts (when I'm not at school) so I am and have always been a Pats fan and hope we win. However, I go to Ole Miss so I'm hoping Eli plays well (but the Pats still win).

As for the talk about all Pats fans being assholes, if you have been on this board before you should know that all of the Pats fans on here (as few as there are) very rarely cause any problems or are assholes. So lets just wait for the game and try to leave out as much of the pregame nonsense as we can.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think New England fans have gone universally overboard. After years of pain and suffering, they now have some sustained success, but they haven't realized that once you have that success, you should act with class, like you've been there before.
I just want to point out that Electric Eye gave me negative rep for stating an opinion that I later backed up with tangible evidence of events that I witnessed. Terrible use of the rep system... Worst part: Didn't even have the guts to reply in the thread to make a counter case.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Funny.
http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Giant...e=UTF8&s=books

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The entire idea of pre-ordering books about a game that hasn't been played yet is flat ridiculous. Both publishers (and any others) should be ashamed.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-29-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

My how the tables have turned...
Old 01-29-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

For the record, I am against any purveyor who tries to profit from a circumstance such as this.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just want to point out that Electric Eye gave me negative rep for stating an opinion that I later backed up with tangible evidence of events that I witnessed. Terrible use of the rep system... Worst part: Didn't even have the guts to reply in the thread to make a counter case.
I would just like to point out that bsaza2358 made yet another moronic post based on an opinion that is in no way supported by any tangible evidence besides hersay and bias. Terrible use of the forum system. Worst part; He calls me out for deciding not to post and add validity to this this pathetic excuse for a thread in an attempt to save face while further agitating things.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-29-2008 at 02:53 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handel View Post

Yeah someone just posted that on our Giants.com board, which makes me think, what the hell is going on? Are both books even real? If so that's pretty damn arrogant for both cities. Kind of funny in a way, because one author will not be publising their book.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Yeah someone just posted that on our Giants.com board, which makes me think, what the hell is going on? Are both books even real? If so that's pretty damn arrogant for both cities. Kind of funny in a way, because one author will not be publising their book.
Well the one is published by some small time publisher I believe and the other by a Boston newspaper.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

This happens EVERY year. It's not arrogance. It's called good business. Being ready for the initial surge. The day after every World Series and Super Bowl win, all the stores around here are mobbed at like 6AM for tshirts that magically print themselves in the 6-10 hours that happened overnight after the game...
Old 01-29-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well the one is published by some small time publisher I believe and the other by a Boston newspaper.
Which is owned by the New York Times...
Old 01-29-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Which is owned by the New York Times...
New York owning Boston hmmmm.......sounds about right!

Sorry had to again.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
New York owning Boston hmmmm.......sounds about right!

Sorry had to again.
OH MY GOD THE GIANTS FANBASE IS SO ARROGANT!111!1111!

Seriously dude. Way to help your case with that one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I would just like to point out that bsaza2358 made yet another moronic post based on an opinion that is in no way supported by any tangible evidence besides hersay and bias. Terrible use of the forum system. Worst part; He calls me out for deciding not to post and add validity to this this pathetic excuse for a thread in an attempt to save face while further agitating things.
If you had taken the time to read 3 or 4 posts down from the original post that you - repped, you would have seen my actual witnessed incidents involving specific Pats fans acting in a rude and classless manner. Between my own witnessed incidents + blog readings + readings on this forum from less regular Pats posters + testimony from trustworthy friends in other cities, I concluded that it was a broad epidemic and posted as such.

For the record, if I saw Philly fans acting that way, I would have said the same exact thing.

Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
OH MY GOD THE GIANTS FANBASE IS SO ARROGANT!111!1111!

Seriously dude. Way to help your case with that one.
Relax I'm joking around. I've already said I like the Patriots, and if they were playing any other team, I'd root for them to win.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i heard that prior to the Pats being a legit team when Parcells came to town, a lot of ppl in the NE area actually rooted for the Giants in the 80s/early 90s. Is that true?
Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
If you had taken the time to read 3 or 4 posts down from the original post that you - repped, you would have seen my actual witnessed incidents involving specific Pats fans acting in a rude and classless manner. Between my own witnessed incidents + blog readings + readings on this forum from less regular Pats posters + testimony from trustworthy friends in other cities, I concluded that it was a broad epidemic and posted as such.

For the record, if I saw Philly fans acting that way, I would have said the same exact thing.
Yeah. Totally changes things. Sorry. I failed to realize that the actions of a few idiots who were most likely drunk out of their minds are indicative of an entire fanbase.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm done with this argument with Electric. I have sent a message to the mods asking them to delete my original post because it became inflammatory. My humblest apologies for stating an opinion that was built based on personal observation and corroborated by fans across the Eastern Seaboard...

Old 01-29-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh, and while I agree it's arrogance(on both sides) Jay's right, it's also good business by both with mobs of people wanting champion apparell immediately.

but, come on...http://www.19-0.org/
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yeah. Totally changes things. Sorry. I failed to realize that the actions of a few idiots who were most likely drunk out of their minds are indicative of an entire fanbase.
I've heard this as well. The Pats fans at Giants Stadium this year didn't really help what I've heard. Neither have the numerous stories I've heard from fans who have been to Gillette. The fans there are giving the Eagles' fans a run for their money when it comes to who has the least class.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Eagles fans are angry idiots. That is all I can say. I haven't been up to Gillette.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i heard that prior to the Pats being a legit team when Parcells came to town, a lot of ppl in the NE area actually rooted for the Giants in the 80s/early 90s. Is that true?
Absolutely. Before the Patriots even existed, the Giants were the local team, and there are still a lot of Giants fans in the area...
Old 01-29-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going to pre order both books now, and I better get both after the super bowl too...I mean seriously how does that work?

The patriots book is for pre sale, do you just get a refund automatically if they lose or do they swap it out with a Giants' book? Seems a little odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote