Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This might be a stretch, but I wouldn't mind pigeon-holing the 17th overall pick to a safety. Kenny Phillips or Reggie Smith, preferrably Phillips if he falls. Safeties have the lowest bust rate, and I think either would really bolster our pass defense. Sharper and Smith are terrible in zones.

With our 2nd and two 3rd round picks, I really like the possible combinations of WR-TE. While I wouldn't mind DeSean Jackson at 17, I'd much prefer a safety and then taking advantage of the depth of the receivers and tight ends.

That's my take.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i whole heartedly agree Swags....and also, you could throw DE in there as well, Jackson or Ellis could be good 2nd round options for us as well.

Ive been wanting a great playmaking safety for like 3 years now, lol, hopefully ill get my wish this year with Phillips :)
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
NFLCommander
Rookie

NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think a Jackson to Jackson connection is going to help the offense. The defense needs a pass rushing DE more than the offense needs a WR. The WR would end up being under utilized anyway with the poor QBs we have, especially that waste Tarvaris. A good DE would benefit way more with having the Williams Bros taking up 3 to 4 O-linemen up every play allowing him to get after the passer. A DE would also help the coverage to by making opposing QBs get rid of the ball faster causing more turnovers.

To answer the initial question I'd say Reggie Smith because our FS position just went vaccant and DeSean Jackson is way undersized.

Last edited by NFLCommander : 02-22-2008 at 06:24 PM.
NFLCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about both? Smith in the first and Jackson in the second!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would love to see a S/DE in the first and jordy nelson in the second. I am a big fan of him. great hands.

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giver17 View Post
i would love to see a S/DE in the first and jordy nelson in the second. I am a big fan of him. great hands.
Nelson?! Maybe in the fourth thru seventh. Wait until the WRs run their times.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote