Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Arrow 2008 Free Agency

Free Agency is about a month away. Who do you want your team to sign?

This year, for the 49ers, i think they should sign about 2 free agents

1. A Wide Receiver

The Candidates- Donte Stallworth, Isaac Bruce, Bernard Berrian

Stallworth and Bruce are speculation. I think Stallworth's contract is such that they can drop him 1 year after the deal. I think the pats would rather try to spend their money elsewhere. Both moss and samuel are FA's and im sure they will try to sign one of them at least. As for bruce, he is due a 2 million dollar roster bonus and i remember Schefter saying before the rams-steelers game he might get cut if that doesnt work out and go to detroit (Mike Martz). Now that Martz is in SF, it seems logical that he might follow his former coach.

2. Right Tackle

The Candidates- Stacy Andrews, Brandon Gorin, Max Starks

Of this bunch, i'd like to sign Andrews. He played well for the Bengals and it would allow us to cut Jonas Jennings. He's good when he's healthy, but he has missed 27 games the last 3 years. He has no trade value either, so its time to move on.

Ideally, my top choices are Stallworth (if available, if not then Berrian) and Andrews. It would fill two holes and help the 32nd ranked offense improve.

Which free agents do you want to sign?

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 01-30-2008 at 08:37 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Guards, Jake Scott or Ryan Lilja or Justin Smiley
Corners, Domonique Foxworth or Drayton Florence
Safety, Mike Doss or Ken Hamlin or Gibril Wilson
Linebacker, Demorrio Williams or Boss Bailey

Ryan Lilja - Left Guard
Drayton Florence - Nickle Corner
Mike Doss - Free Safety
Boss Bailey - Weak Side Linebacker
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bernard Berrian > Donte Stallworth

I would like Bernard.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I hope Oakland gets Bernard.Hed be a perfect target for Russell.Gibril Wilson would also be nice.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I know everyone on the Jets forum is crazy about Stacy Andrews. He has monster size at 6'7 340ish and is a perfect RT prospect, but he still has plenty of athleticism and quickness to be able to pull as in OG in the running game. Additionally, he is relatively raw as I beleive his first year of organized football was his senior year of college.

I am going to bet good money he will get a large contract and i'm sure he is on top of the bengals offseason lists of things to do. I beleive that the jets could have a leg up on the other teams, because he was brought in prior to this season as an RFA and given the red carpet treatment. The same thing for Randall Gaay.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Trufant to the Ravens!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Guards, Jake Scott or Ryan Lilja or Justin Smiley
Corners, Domonique Foxworth or Drayton Florence
Safety, Mike Doss or Ken Hamlin or Gibril Wilson
Linebacker, Demorrio Williams or Boss Bailey

Ryan Lilja - Left Guard
Drayton Florence - Nickle Corner
Mike Doss - Free Safety
Boss Bailey - Weak Side Linebacker
These two are very much Rick DeMulling v.2 and v.3, Howard Mudd, system developed guards. In saying that they aren't even really Rick DeMulling's because he was playing at a near probowl level when he was here. Combine this with the fact that the middle of our line was getting abused in the run game towards the end of the year and i really don't think these guys are near the commodities they're being advertised as.

I'd say Lions fans could let you know why you don't want to be one of the teams that will undoubtedly sign one of these two to a big contract.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
HOPEFULLY!!!

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I hope Oakland gets Bernard.Hed be a perfect target for Russell.Gibril Wilson would also be nice.
Yes, I agree Berrian would fill the need of a deep playmaking threat on offense. Wilson would help ease Huffs transition to FS and give us a legit safety duo. :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See the Giants staying out of FA mostly again, looking at a few veterans who won't break the bank.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
I'd say Lions fans could let you know why you don't want to be one of the teams that will undoubtedly sign one of these two to a big contract.
They might not be really big contracts though, as we've seen a number of guards get paid absurd money in free agency the last two years.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

For the Jaguars....

WR- Bernard Berrian, Devery Henderson, Andre Davis

DE- Jared Allen (if available), Terrell Suggs (if available), Justin Smith
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want you all to note that you want Bernard Berrian. IF he's not franchised (and I still think he will be) he's not going to come cheap.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I just want you all to note that you want Bernard Berrian. IF he's not franchised (and I still think he will be) he's not going to come cheap.
I think a lot will depend on this WR market. It looks like CJ and Roy Williams might be traded and if they are, it could either drive up his price because teams with salary cap freedom would prefer spending money on a FA rather than trading for one, or it could drive down his price due to the somewhat abundant market of WRs this offseason.

An interesting WR this FA offseason will be Bryant Johnson. Very underrated, but could get a nice deal from a team like Baltimore.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense and offensive line help for N'awlins' plz. kkthx
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I like Bryant Johnson's unknown-ness...he'd be a good fit in Jacksonville..
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
If Bernie becomes available, the Vikings need to pounce. He's just the playmaker we need at that position.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm View Post
If Bernie becomes available, the Vikings need to pounce. He's just the playmaker we need at that position.
I'd save your money and hope Williamson and Rice develop. I don't think you've got the quarterback to spend mad money on a receiver anyway.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'd save your money and hope Williamson and Rice develop. I don't think you've got the quarterback to spend mad money on a receiver anyway.
Williamson is hopeless. Rice is nice, but we need some speed.

On top of that, he wouldn't be a Bear any longer. :D
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're forgetting about two tackles.

Travelle Wharton and Jordan Gross.

Travelle will probably hit the market and could start for around ten teams in the league. With a deep class this year though it'll hurt his pay day.

Gross probably won't hit the open market he was lights out this season only giving up 2 sacks

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers Jordan Gross...haha I wish

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!
Trufant or Samuel?
I'd Take Samuel, Also I Think Trufant Is Staying Its His Hometown
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

We need to create a Free Agency Tracker thread, just like last year.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
We need to create a Free Agency Tracker thread, just like last year.
How do you know about last year?