Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 01-31-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
heh, you don't even know for sure if he's gonna play in WVU yet.
i forgot; no one turns down o$u

everything points to him coming here

7 unofficials

been here the last 2 weeks; coming this week with his mom---1st trip shes been on

brother was just hired as a ga

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
Would you turn down such a well-paying job?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

everything points to him coming here

7 unofficials

been here the last 2 weeks; coming this week with his mom---1st trip shes been on

brother was just hired as a ga
Lol, of course everyone turns down WVU. They are quite evil, after all.

I do look forward to UConn crushing you in the future years as we reign supreme as the undisputed conference champions.

Of course, I'm just kidding - you do have a pretty good recruiting class, though. Certainly better than UConn's.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For USC, Matt Kalil, if hes anything like his older brother we should have another good one. Tremendous size, moves adequately well and excels in both the run and pass blocking game with his long arms.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Lol, of course everyone turns down WVU. They are quite evil, after all.

I do look forward to UConn crushing you in the future years as we reign supreme as the undisputed conference champions.

Of course, I'm just kidding - you do have a pretty good recruiting class, though. Certainly better than UConn's.
it would have been way better if rod would have stayed

next year it will be great; we have some great recruiters on our staff

doc holliday----fla; one of the best in the country
dave johnson---ol coach; former uga te coach; coached guys such as mcmichael and watson; one of uga great recruiters

dave lockwood---db coach; on of uk best; prob recruit pa

chris beatty---already making prescence felt in va tidewater; had several kids take official visits here who we never even talked to before he got here; percy harvins hs coach, so he has great relationships with all the coaches there; already working on kevin newsome for next year

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for penn state i think its michael shaw. He's a Rb with 4.4 speed and with PSU puting the spread offense back in, i think this kids gonna be great. On d Michael Mauti has PSU's next all-american LB written all over him
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it would have been way better if rod would have stayed

next year it will be great; we have some great recruiters on our staff

doc holliday----fla; one of the best in the country
dave johnson---ol coach; former uga te coach; coached guys such as mcmichael and watson; one of uga great recruiters

dave lockwood---db coach; on of uk best; prob recruit pa

chris beatty---already making prescence felt in va tidewater; had several kids take official visits here who we never even talked to before he got here; percy harvins hs coach, so he has great relationships with all the coaches there; already working on kevin newsome for next year
I know, that's what scares the hell out of me. You have a lot of good recruiters. I can only hope RR lures away the talent you might've gotten because of him. Go to Michigan damn it!

We have a sick new football facility here at UConn, it's state of the art - I think that will really allow us to recruit better next year. At least I hope so.

If not, Tyler 'Ostrich Legs' Lorenzen will just have to destroy you defense. Hah.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
for penn state i think its michael shaw. He's a Rb with 4.4 speed and with PSU puting the spread offense back in, i think this kids gonna be great. On d Michael Mauti has PSU's next all-american LB written all over him
You have a Santonio Holmes name but you're a PSU fan??????????????????
Old 01-31-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im also a steelers fan, and i actually hated the fact that we drafted him but hes really grown on me and is one of my favorites now
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I know, that's what scares the hell out of me. You have a lot of good recruiters. I can only hope RR lures away the talent you might've gotten because of him. Go to Michigan damn it!

We have a sick new football facility here at UConn, it's state of the art - I think that will really allow us to recruit better next year. At least I hope so.

If not, Tyler 'Ostrich Legs' Lorenzen will just have to destroy you defense. Hah.
oh, hes trying already

having kids visit he has no intentions of taking; like we had this wr visit b/c doc knew of him; he played for pahokee hs (top 10 in country i believe); next weekend rr invites him to um and feeds him all these lies about how we're racists, stews a 2nd class coach (he might be, but he hire a hell of a staff, hes a ceo, not an egomaniac), etc

thats why we havent known about whos been visiting unless they were scheduled anyway; we had a recruit visit thats committed to illinois and we didnt know about til tues/wed cuz stews not releasing the visit list because of the crap rods doing, cuz as soon as someone visits us, he calls them to visit scum

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
he calls them to visit scum
Let it go already....we don't have a rivalry with WVU, hence no reason to call Michigan scum. Let it go.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For KU a few guys should make immediate impact

Jocqoues Crwaford a 4 star RB in Juco should fill McAnderson's role and make an instant impact for Mangino.

Darius Parrish a local product at DT who originally committed to Nebraska but backed out and is now coming to KU both should start right away.

Josh Richardson a LB from Ohio and brother of Raiders DE Jay Richardson also committed to KU he'll probably red shirt a year since all 3 LB's are senior

A pretty good recruiting class for Coach Mangino.Not a lot of sexy names but guys who can come in and make a contribution right away

Last edited by T-RICH49 : 01-31-2008 at 11:56 AM.
T-RICH49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown....not only does he have ridiculous long speed and closing burst, he's also jacked, hits hard and works even harder. He should start from Day One, and he will be an absolute beast in the NFL at any LB spot. He also gives us a good shot at getting his younger brother Bryce. I'd say that's the complete package lol.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For BC I would say Josh Haden. The only knock on him is that he is 5-8, but he is absolutely jacked with great speed. He will probably start right away since BC will lose all 4 RBs from last season.

For Ole Miss, as of now it is probably RB/DB Darius Barksdale. We will need help at both positions and I think he has a lot of potential at FS, SS, and RB. He started at SS and KR in the Army AA game and looked like he has potential but needs some polishing. If coach Nutt and his staff pull through and get 5 star juco RB Enrique Davis (number 1 juco player), 4 star CB Alonzo Lawrence, or 4 star juco WR Andrew Harris I think any one of those guys would be a better get than Barksdale.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Let it go already....we don't have a rivalry with WVU, hence no reason to call Michigan scum. Let it go.
You take their coach, you become a rival....just not an on the field one.

I have a feeling that this one is gonna linger for awhile.

Best ND recruits... Offense I'd say Floyd, Rudolph & T-Rob. Defense would be Fleming, Filer, Johnson, & Newman.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
You take their coach, you become a rival....just not an on the field one.

I have a feeling that this one is gonna linger for awhile.

Best ND recruits... Offense I'd say Floyd, Rudolph & T-Rob. Defense would be Fleming, Filer, Johnson, & Newman.
Ethan Johnson is reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly good.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Arthur Brown....not only does he have ridiculous long speed and closing burst, he's also jacked, hits hard and works even harder. He should start from Day One, and he will be an absolute beast in the NFL at any LB spot. He also gives us a good shot at getting his younger brother Bryce. I'd say that's the complete package lol.
Getting Bryce would be siiiiick. Anyway, I haven't seen much AB aside from his Rivals tapes, but my god he is amazing. Soooo fast. Another guy who seems pretty good is Marcus Forston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Ethan Johnson is reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly good.
I'm starting to think you have a mancrush on Ethan.

If you do, don't feel bad. The kid will probably have his own t-shirt on ND's campus rather quickly.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

Right now for Southern Miss it is 3-star DT Willie Packer. He's the best defensive lineman in the state. Only 260 lbs, he needs to hit the weight room, but his combination of strength and quickness are exactly what you look for in a penetrating DT. Of course, everything could change as we're still in the mix for 5 star WR DeAndre Brown and 4 star DB Charles Mitchell.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't seen tape on everybody yet, but it's gotta be Darron Thomas. Watching him play, it looks like Dixon stepped into a time machine and went back to high school. Another thing I love about him is that he's already enrolled and in class, so he's got a head start and will be competing in the spring. He won't beat out Costa (assuming he's healthy) as a freshman, but I think he's a future star QB for us. I like him there more than Harper as of now.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For USC Tyron Smith. The most athletic O-Lineman in the class

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Marcus Forston. Hands down no questions asked. He is an absolute monster.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Illinois, either Luiget or Hardeman. I'll go Luiget, he's a monster as well, Fortson's not too bad either Joey but I'll take CL. ;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Marcus Forston. Hands down no questions asked. He is an absolute monster.
You're nuts joey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
For Illinois, either Luiget or Hardeman. I'll go Luiget, he's a monster as well, Fortson's not too bad either Joey but I'll take CL. ;)
Agree, unbiased. DTs in the mold of Liuget are generally more effective pass rushers in college and the pros. He's just an impressive athlete. Forston may be more "ready" at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Getting Bryce would be siiiiick. Anyway, I haven't seen much AB aside from his Rivals tapes, but my god he is amazing. Soooo fast. Another guy who seems pretty good is Marcus Forston.
My favorite video of him was taken off youtube for some reason. It was "Arthur Brown linebacker BEAST" to the song "Bulls on Parade". I watched it like 20 times with my jaw on the ground. He's a combination of Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Ernie Sims and just about every other beast LB that can close on the ballcarrier before they can even lift a toe.

Getting Bryce would be sick, but same could be said about Jamie Harper, Lamar Miller, and some other guys whose names I've forgotten that we might get. Miami will never ever run short on talented backs again.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

D'Anton Lynn
Top offers, sick film and rated 3 stars. One of many reasons I don't pay attention to "stars".
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote