Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
He's getting paid how many millions of dollars? Time to grow a pair and be a man. Plenty of people don't get along with their bosses and deal with it for a whole lot less money.
Im not quite understanding something here. Reading your first post it sounds like you are upset at CJ for disrespecting the Bengals, but you would be ok with Coach Lewis and the organization disrespecting CJ first? I dont think this is about money. Being on the outside of the situation we can never fully understand who said what and who started it. We just have to take peoples word for it. All I know is 90+ catches 1200+ yards 10+ tds annually speaks for itself. The Bengals have to win by out scoring the competition, the defense isnt gonna get it done. Losing CJ will set you back. TJ will be blanketed and Palmer will have to force the ball to him. That draft pick wont help out right away.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Only way i'd trade him is maybe a trade with Denver for Javon Walker and maybe a 4th or so.

Or

Draft Malcolm Kelly.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they deff need to get rid of this guy. Last thing the bengals need right now is drama. Get rid of him soon and move on.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
NOSH
Rookie

NOSH hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He also wants to be on a team that can win. The Bengals D is swiss cheese and has too many holes that can't be filled this offseason. It will be at least another year before they get their team back on track. That could also be a reason for Johnson's frustration.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're all saying it's about money. Really annoying considering he just got his contract redone last year, just jealous TJ is getting his done.

You say Chad wants to be on a team that wins yet he's talking about the freaking Raiders, Panthers and Dolphins... Please, this is about money and ego. It's the same story that plays out with every dramatic WR.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully a trip to hawaii and some talk with TJ will help him realize what he has here. ive kind of calmed down since his comments were made and i'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Im not quite understanding something here. Reading your first post it sounds like you are upset at CJ for disrespecting the Bengals, but you would be ok with Coach Lewis and the organization disrespecting CJ first? I dont think this is about money. Being on the outside of the situation we can never fully understand who said what and who started it. We just have to take peoples word for it. All I know is 90+ catches 1200+ yards 10+ tds annually speaks for itself. The Bengals have to win by out scoring the competition, the defense isnt gonna get it done. Losing CJ will set you back. TJ will be blanketed and Palmer will have to force the ball to him. That draft pick wont help out right away.
2 things:

When did the organization disrespect chad?

andns

Since when does chad johnson get 90 catches and 10 touchdowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
2 things:

When did the organization disrespect chad?

andns

Since when does chad johnson get 90 catches and 10 touchdowns
It was just a hypothetical question. We cant really say who started it. Which I explained in the post. And its a shame I have to give you CJs numbers seeing you are a Bengals fan.

Last 5 years 462 Catches = 92.4 per year average
43 TDs = 8.6 per year average (you got me there)
6870 Yards = 1374 per year average (I got myself there)
Old 02-07-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

Why the Bengals hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chad is Chad. This is what makes him a great receiver. He does not shut up. We can't trade him due to monetary concerns. The offense would suffer greatly without him. Safeties would be in the box more and the running game would suffer. Chad is frustrated. How many of you after losing year in and year out with guys being arrested all over the place would not speak up about it? Chad has passion for the game and wnats to win which I do not know if many in that locker care about.
Look if the Giants can win a Super Bowl there is hope for the Bengals. They are a few defensive plays away from being 10-6 last year. If they do not draft another running back/backup QB in the draft and instead draft young guys with the proper attitude/work ethic this team can compete with the Colts and Pats.
Why the Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
shaun rodgers. idk if it would work, and im not making up any trade offers because i have no idea of the value of Chad and whos on the block. I just do not want him in black and orange next year.
We'll throw in Jon Kitna too...we know you guys miss him.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why the Bengals View Post
Chad is frustrated. How many of you after losing year in and year out with guys being arrested all over the place would not speak up about it? Chad has passion for the game and wnats to win which I do not know if many in that locker care about.
Very well said. This is the feeling I first got when I heard about CJ being upset. You hear from CJ during the season and during games when he is putting on a show, which I think is great by the way. But you dont usually hear about him during the off season when all his teammates are out causing trouble. Which, if I were a Bengals fan, I would have a bigger problem with...
Anyways I am someone who had to put up with TO for several years and maybe im just blind because CJ isnt on my team, but I dont view him the same way as I did TO when he was causing all his trouble with the 9ers.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad's not a leader on this team, he needs to shut his mouth.

IMO... Chad and TO (for the 49ers anyway) are pretty similar at this point, blasting the FO/Coaches/Players publicly. Now, no one will ever top TO in Philly.

Chad's no angel, he... like a majority of NFL players likes the weed but the ones that aren't idiots have ways around it so he stays out of trouble.

I really hope they find a way to get him traded, addition by subtraction... It's time to clean the trash, we'll never do anything until this is done. Deltha O'Neal and Chad are nice steps towards cleaning things up.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans should trade ya'll pacman and a 3rd for him, but he wouldn't be happy in tennessee anyway...LOL

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

lol Pacman is the LAST thing we need.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman and Herny back together, that would be great.....

Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I live entirely too close to Cincinnati to feel safe with that happening.

The strippers and drug dealers would be overloaded with work.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk how those two even played on the same team in college.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-08-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

TEAM PATRIOTS is the one club you never hear complaining otherwise every franchise has these guys like Chad. Even Brady complained he needed weapons last year. When your head coach does not build a winning atmosphere and you lose games you shouldn't problems arise. When your winning bickering does not exist(Giants all of a sudden) when your losing frustration comes out. Chad was told to turn it down this year and he did and what did that do for the team? Nothin let the guy stay he wants to win and losing is killing him.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'd never want a teammate back that bashed his team and coach... NEVER.

EDIT: I just heard his interview at the Pro Bowl, there he made sense. Said he was just talking about things that were bothering him, it was the right way to go about things. HOWEVER, they're saying Rosehaus is telling him to lay low now which would completely make sense.

The way he went about things in this interview were very reasonable. Said he was a Bengal, no smarta** remark attached to it.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 02-08-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

ha, did you read how the espn article made it sound? they should be sued.

chads gonna be fine.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-08-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

The future....Of the bengals LOL

Old 02-09-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

hypothetically speaking, what do you guys as bengals fans expect in return IF he was dealt?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

First round, has to be first round.

Early 20's I think is the best case scenario.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he is going to go he needs to go soon... His attitude is not helping a team that already has character problems...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

If he does go I can't see getting higher than a late 1sr rounder. However, teams would pay that unless he is the final piece to the puzzle so I would say 2nd realistically.