Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for Marvin, its about time he starts to be the "badass" he was when he first arrived. Good for Carson too, its his team and if ur gonna **** with it then you can hit the road. Its embarrassing that Chad is trying to make the franchise seem the bad guy. You can't take criticism its time to get out the League son. IDC if ur the best reciever in the NFL or some scrub, you don't say those kinds of things to any of your teammates or your coach. Chad has put himself in this situation by crying about it like a 4 year old and if he ever wants to play on this team again he better beg the team and the City of Cincinnati for forgiveness. I've always had his back and thought he was better than a TO or a Randy Moss, but this is out of control. I will be burning my 85 jersey in LOT C before the opening game at PBS this season if anyone would like to join me.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Curnette estimates 8.03 million, Hobson claims 6-7 million... Either way it's massive.
the cap hit we would take is nowhere near worth trading him away. he might be saying this sh*t now but i fully expect him to play when the season comes around. i have heard chad say on multiple occasions that when the games come hes going to "do what he does and embarrass anyone who tries to cover him." when it comes down to it i think hes staying.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we go out and win a super bowl while chad is on the bench. Then not give him a ring, and then trade him off to a team that will never have a chance to win a superbowl. Preferably one with no QB...maybe Oakland and just sit back and watch his career and chances of the HOF go bye bye. It will teach him to respect the team and be a team player.

Im glad Marvin is putting his foot down and not letting the players walk all over him.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
the cap hit we would take is nowhere near worth trading him away. he might be saying this sh*t now but i fully expect him to play when the season comes around. i have heard chad say on multiple occasions that when the games come hes going to "do what he does and embarrass anyone who tries to cover him." when it comes down to it i think hes staying.
thats bs in todays nfl. supposedly it would be around 7 mil and you would be able to split it between two seasons so 3.5 mil per year in dead money. thats honestly nothing in the current nfl
Old 04-24-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
thats bs in todays nfl. supposedly it would be around 7 mil and you would be able to split it between two seasons so 3.5 mil per year in dead money. thats honestly nothing in the current nfl
Its alot if you have your budget planned out perfectly to fit all your players in. Even a small amount could cause you to not sign one person that could be an intricate part of your team.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought this was VERY interesting, kinda makes me think the decision to deny the trade actually had some positive effect:

Quote:
As the tug-o-war between the Cincinnati Bengals and receiver Chad Johnson continues with the piece of the rope with the strip of an old T-shirt tied around it not moving from the midpoint between the two sides, the Bengals have scored a major victory among the other players on the team.

Per a league source, coach Marvin Lewis won back the locker room with his Tuesday verbal *****-slapping of Johnson.

“He’s stated without an opportunity to go to a different team and a new contract, he wasn’t going to play,” Lewis said to the media two days ago. “I think he’s a man of his word. He says he’s not going to play, so don’t play.”

It’s a significant development for Lewis, who had gradually squandered the support of the other players by coddling Chad. The low point came in January 2006, when Lewis did nothing in response to Johnson’s halftime meltdown in the locker room.

Regardless of whether Johnson punched Lewis or receivers coach Hue Jackson or Johnson had Jackson in a headlock or Jackson had Johnson in a headlock or the Iron Sheik had Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a sleeper hold, the incident marred the twelve-minute intermission of a playoff game that the Bengals were leading at the end of the second quarter, preventing the team from maximizing the available time to make adjustments aimed at also leading the game at the end of the fourth.

Per the source, one player’s reaction was that Lewis should have gone even farther. “He should have told Chad that he’d pack up his stuff and send it to him,” the player said, “or that he’d just go ahead and send it all to Canton.”
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
and we are talking about mike brown here.

and PalmerToTJ- Thats the exact article Geo posted on the last page, which was where my reaction/rant came from.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-25-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
WOW
Jay Glazer, FOX NFL Insider with Jim Rome....on Chad
"It's too late to salvage this. People just don't understand how bad it has gotten. Last year, in a team meeting before a game...coaches asked if anyone had a problem with Chad. Carson Palmer stood up and said, "yea, I have a problem with him". Chad and Carson began arguing. Chad was screaming at Carson in the middle of the room"
That's odd, I have never heard anything about this before.
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

There were some things during the draft that really puzzled me. They all stemmed around the Eagles. I thought the Eagles adding Laws was weird, and they acquired an extra 1st rounder for next year as well in the draft.

Today I took a look over the Bengals forums and I saw a post by West Texas on there. I read it over and it was as if he had thought the exact things. What if the Eagles are actually acquiring all the stuff for a Chad Johnson (and Andrews according to him) trade after June 1st. What if all this "we aren't trading Chad" is a giant smoke screen to increase the trade value of CJ. We already had two potential first round picks offered for him and we said no. What if we wait around and let someone sweeten the deal? What if that was our plan all along? What if we get Laws, possibly Desean Jackson, maybe Lito Sheppard, 2 first round picks next year, all for CJ and Andrews.

I know it's far fetched...but...it is possible and the trade could happen. Would you guys want a trade like that?

I know I have sat around saying I want to watch Chad's career die while he is on the bench. Will that help the Bengals though? If he's on the Bench he doesn't help us much. After the way he has been acting I only see a T.O. situation with him complaining all the time. If he gets traded...it can be beneficial to us if it can be worked out so that we don't get hit so much with the cap.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I hate playing the "What If" game, but I see what you are getting at. It's just to hard to envision us letting Andrews go at this point when we really didn't do much to bolster our o-line through the draft. I just have a really hard time thinking the Bengals front office has enough of a thought process to pull off anything with Chad that could help this team. I have about ZERO faith in them...
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Well the argument with Andrews is that he will more than likely not be with the Bengals next year as he wants to play with his brother in Philly. So unless his brother comes to Cincy, we will prolly see Andrews leave next year. That is the whole reason why Andrews is suspected to be traded with him. Also, Andrews cap space would enable us to nearly feel no effect from Chad's cap hit. I think it actually clears cap space. It is a scenario and nothing more. Alot of people find it really odd that Laws was drafted by the Eagles. Even Eagle fans don't quite understand it. I do think it is a possible scenario. I have alot of faith in the Bengals front office. I think a blockbuster trade like this could indeed be in the works.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I really would not like to see Andrews go at all hes a monster and we're gonna need him if not now then very soon. I'd love to trade Chad but PLEASE keep Andrews.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-02-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Well like I said before...I don't see Andrews staying for more than a year...he is refusing to sign any contracts and has always said he wants to play with his brother. Even we keep him then he will play just one year and then we will probably get a 3rd, 4th or 5th round comp pick for him after he bolts for the Eagles anyway. I say if we can trade him along with Chad for Laws, another player, possibly another player and 2 first rounders next year, then we should do it. We can draft a stud OT to replace Willie when he retires. Plus we get that extra DT in Laws whom can also play DE.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:13 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Personally I think this whole thing with him wanting to play with his brother is quite overplayed. He's gonna get top LT money to play here and I doubt he would give that up to play with his brother in any way shape or form. I think we should offer him the house and let Willie go(I may be alone in that) but the man seriously has the skills to be the most dominant tackle in football regardless of left or right. I've seen a million tackles/guards in my day but I can honestly say I know greatness when I see it and this man has it more than probably anyone ive seen in the past ten years. He is THAT good and we must keep him at all cost. Above Willie and even above Levi who I have been one of the biggest supporters of thru thick and thin.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-03-2008, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Mike Brown in charge you know Willie won't get cut though :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm torn with Willie. The guy is loyal, keeps his mouth shut and just plays.

In terms of playing, he can be let go. He's been getting banged up lately and we've got bodies to put in that spot. Then a much younger Andrews can get paid.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Well keep Andrews at all cost is easier said than done. The Bengals have tried to work an extended contract out with him multiple times. He has refused every single one of them. I seriously think he is going to leave when the season is over...he isnt going to want to sign back with the Bengals. Thats why I saw package him up now and get something good out of it.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I just realized this....this has turned into a Andrews must stay/go thread lol
Old 05-05-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I still maintain my stance that the Bengals can't have Andrews leave at this point and regardless of him not signing a long term contract is irrelavant to him returning next season. He can be franchised again unless there is something in his tender this year that states the Bengals won't use the franchise tag on him again the following year (like Asante Samuel in New England)... I don't believe that to be the case. Look at Willie and the rest of the guys. Between injuries and just plain getting older, who's going to play when they go down ??

I'm not real comfortable with our depth to begin with and to expect Collins to be the answer to this particular problem right away is not the best option considering the protection Carson is SURELY needing. I'm just not willing to take that chance right now.

I have ZERO, when I say ZERO, I mean ABSOLUTELY NO, faith that our front office could come close to coming up with something of this magnitude. We are talking about an organization that didn't feel we could give up a 3rd to address our most glaring need at DT in the draft and didn't go after our guy. Then after months of hearing how much the Bengals not only needed, but WANTED Ellis, they make the statement of "Not really sure about him due to his lack of size"... Get the f*ck out of here with that...

Don't get me wrong, I still love how things turned out for us in the draft and think Rivers is a front runner for DROY, but it is what it is and I don't believe the Bengals for ONE MINUTE when it comes to NOT getting Ellis...

In regards to Chad, whom this thread is about... I will only say that it has been nice not hearing him run his mouth on some sports show for the past month and hope that continues. I can still envision a trade after the 1st of June that would allow the cap hit to be spread out over next year, but that begs the question of who our WR's are going to be this year. Is there enough faith in Gabriel and the other rookie WR's to be able to fill the hole left from Chad. Regardless of what anyone says, Chad demanded the double team and made the other WR's get their chances. Who does that in his absence ??
Old 05-05-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Our OLINE depth isn't bad it's just theres a few question marks with some of our players. Levi Jones apparently doesn't want to be here anymore, Willie is getting up there but prolly has 3 years left if healthy, and Andrews (it's being said) wants to play with his brother. We've got Levi locked up and hopefully we can do the same with Andrews. Anthony Collins could be the saving grace in the event that we can't get Andrews but that wouldn't be this year so he would have at least a year to get ready.

The Ellis thing is gonna be blown way out of proportion for a very long time and I guess you can't really blame the team for not going after him when they had them both graded the same. Rivers is also a much more certain thing and we don't exactly have a great history with first round DT's. Plus we got a first round DT in the 3rd round who could turn out to be better than him anyway. I liked Rivers more from the get go but I'm probably alone in that.

I think we put ourselves in a great situation at WR by basically acting as if Chad is gone because let's face it he probably won't be on the field unless he comes in and gets to work. Even if he does we got 2 REALLY talented WRs that give us a great unit on paper. We also have a pass catching TE for the first time in a long while which will help our recievers. Really the thing that concerns me most is our run game, if Rudi is back to form we will be fine but if not we could be in some trouble unless Perry can finally stay healthy or Kenny Irons is ready to go by training camp.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-05-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
In regards to Chad, whom this thread is about... I will only say that it has been nice not hearing him run his mouth on some sports show for the past month and hope that continues. I can still envision a trade after the 1st of June that would allow the cap hit to be spread out over next year, but that begs the question of who our WR's are going to be this year. Is there enough faith in Gabriel and the other rookie WR's to be able to fill the hole left from Chad. Regardless of what anyone says, Chad demanded the double team and made the other WR's get their chances. Who does that in his absence ??

The thing is, the double team arguement is double edged when you have two good WR's - TJ is either going to get double teamed or not (there really are no other options) - if they double team him, cincinnati is hoping that Jerome Simpson / Doug Gabriel / Antonio Chatman can all step up. If teams don't double team TJ - then he'll still beable to make catches.

Yes, it helped when Chad demanded a double team because it free'd up housh, but now all we have to know is if one of our other receivers can capitalize on TJ being double covered (or not being double covered) - and I think they can.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I definantly think that we will capitalize on teams double teaming or not double teaming TJ. We used to have one of the best tandems in CJ + TJ. We will be going into this season with alot more options than we have had since at least 2005. 2005 was great because we had so many people Carson could have thrown it too. This year we will have even more! Carson potentially has a multitude of options in Utecht, TJ, Simpson, Gabriel, Chatman, Holt, and Chris Perry. There is no room for (me) players in that style of football. We are going to be running alot more and have alot of spread passing. If we are going to that style of football then I believe not having Chad is better. Because midway through the season he would be complaining he isnt getting the ball enough.

The players that will be stepping up when we have TJ locked down will be Chris Perry, Ben Utecht, and Jerome Simpson....It will be a great sight to see =)
Old 05-05-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its funny how after the draft and us picking Simpson, Caldwell, and Urrutia, that we haven't heard a word from Chad. To me, the Bengals went into this years draft thinking that if Chad doesn't want to be here, then we'll just get some guys who do to replace him. If he doesn't to play, he won't. But the others will.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

He can only keep his mouth shut so long, the silence has been nice.

Hell, I hope I never hear another word out of him.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

He is building up steam...he is prolly got something big planned.