Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-10-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
Oh yeah, Chad still needs to go...

Couldnt have said it better myself. LOL
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres a little something that is against chad. cbs.sportsline put out a recent article on most overated and underrated players on each team.

Overrated: WR Chad Johnson. He has loads of ability, but he doesn't produce as much as he should in the big games. He did not score a touchdown in four of the Bengals' five games against playoff teams in 2007. He certainly isn't as good as he thinks.

Underrated: DT Domata Peko. He is a good inside player who plays hard all the time. If he were on a better unit, he would get more attention.

article - http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10843371
Old 05-27-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you'd be hard pressed to call CJ overrated. As much as we all pretty much hate him at this point he is still one of the best WR in the league. He never really had that "struggles in big games" tag until this year. IMO that was a combination of a lot of things not just his personal abilities.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate chad yet :(

it depends on who's rating him though :P A lot of people think Chad gets a lot of praise because he's well known. He's usually on ESPN or NFL network for his dances, not his highlight clips - sadly. Even back in 05' when we were winning a lot, most of the clips I saw of him were just him dancing, not him making plays.

Anyways, point being: I think a lot of people translate his publicity into "rating". In a sense where because he's on ESPN a lot, people read that as "ESPN thinks Chad Johnson is the best WR to ever live!".

On a practical sense, I've never heard anyone knowledgeable say that Chad Johnson is anything more than maybe a top 3-10 receiver, and depending on where in his career you're looking, a case can be made for any placement inside that range.

So again, maybe he's overrated to the casual fan - but anyone who watches more than just the Bengals knows he's a top echelon receiver, but certainly not the best.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:39 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chad has pissed me off beyond belief and could care less how his situation pans out. That being said, Chad led either his conference or the league in receiving for 4 straight years up until last year. That is something even Jerry Rice didn't do. As a matter of fact, Chad is the only WR in NFL history to have done that. Hardly considered overrated !!!

I think that is part of the reason his situation pisses me off as much as it does. All of his fame, pro bowls, stats, and furtune have come by way of a Cincinnati QB throwing to him. He was LOVED like no other WR by the fans of Cincinnati and he has just forgotten how he got to where he is today. Honestly, I think it's a shame. What a piece of sh*t person !!!
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me say a few things to show how unbiased I am...

-I can't stand Chad Johnson
-I wish he wasn't a Bengal
-He's nowhere in big games for us

Yet, to call him overrated is stupid. Inconsistant, yes... Overrated, no.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Rumors are circulating that Chad will be showing up to camp but he wont do anything while there.

My thoughts on it are if he shows up and is a complete jack ass, then I hope he rots in hell. If he hinders the team any more then he has no support from me, that is if he had any left in the first place. I think we should trade him...but I don't know what kinda offer we will get for him now.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals could've gotten a lot for CJ. WAS was offering 2 first rounders. Now the draft is over, the situation is getting worse and the Bengals are losing more leverage the longer this situation holds out. I don't know why Marvin was so stubborn to trade him before. I mean he got a great offer and still turned it down??? Why? Just to win a pissing battle between himself and Chad? Marvin might be gone from Cincinnati before Chad if this problem isn't resolved soon.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The Bengals could've gotten a lot for CJ. WAS was offering 2 first rounders. Now the draft is over, the situation is getting worse and the Bengals are losing more leverage the longer this situation holds out. I don't know why Marvin was so stubborn to trade him before. I mean he got a great offer and still turned it down??? Why? Just to win a pissing battle between himself and Chad? Marvin might be gone from Cincinnati before Chad if this problem isn't resolved soon.
Well we couldnt trade him before the draft. It would have cost us too much money. We would have ended up taking an 8 million dollar cap hit. Then we wouldnt have been able to sign the first round pick we received. So I don't blame anyone for not taking the trade earlier. Chad is a top notch receiver and somebody will eventually come knocking again. Then again CHad could come back apologize and everything will be good. I highly doubt that though. He will be a headache. I understand Lewis and Brown's stance on not letting Chad dictate the team. More teams shoudl be solid with players like CJ and not give in to their whining. Teams giving into the whining is what allows them to whine. That being said, Chad will probably cause alot of problems. Which in turn will hinder the team. Its a lose/lose situation for the NFL either way.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was the Bengals I would keep him. If so you guys could have a deadly passing game.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ocho Cinco ain't going anywhere ..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3424063
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well he's still not on my good side but I am happy he's gonna come back. Hopefully he won't be doing anything detrimental to the team though.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think you'll see the Bengals treat him as Philly treated Owens and if he starts acting out, he'll find himself suspended, WITHOUT pay and then he'll come crying back like a little kid. I'm anxious to see how he is treated by teammates. I think fans are going to treat him very harshly.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He made a low blow against the organization (Though I can't say I disagree with :() which I don't like, but I'll be happy if he comes back.

I'm semi-afraid now that he said he wants to come back that Marvin will want to trade him away now lol. We'll see I guess!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
He made a low blow against the organization (Though I can't say I disagree with :() which I don't like, but I'll be happy if he comes back.

I'm semi-afraid now that he said he wants to come back that Marvin will want to trade him away now lol. We'll see I guess!
I don't care if he is traded away, as long as it beefs up the defense!

I am still pretty p'd off at him. He has done some very stupid things this year.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

With chad there it makes TJ, Utecht, Caldwell, Simpson and Rudi (or whatever RB we start) thrive that much more with the attention he takes away from those players. I don't see what we could get to beef our defense enough to make up for that =/
Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad is a coward. I have no respect for him.

Bought all I can say about it. TJ isn't going to be re-signed, pretty much knows it I'm sure but he is going out there and getting things done. Working for his team and not making false statements.

Chad acts like this is about winning a superbowl... RIIIIIIIGHT. It's about getting paid.

It's unfortunate that Chad is as talented as he is.

As you can tell, I don't plan on dropping this. It'll take a while and some serious making up for me to wish him well.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

CJ tried to make a Kobe attempt to try make the team better by blasting them over the off season. Kobe didn't get traded, they started the season off surprisingly well and they make a trade to get them to the finals. Just maybe the Bengals go like 4-0 and everyone is happy, they start handing out extensions, make a decent trade to bolster the defense and all of a sudden we are in the playoffs. It could happen.

CJ makes very valid points and he will get booed hard our first home game, but who knows maybe he puts up a 100 yard 2 td game and we win, then everything is good again.

TO is on the decline but got a huge extension, CJ is amidst his prime and should be rewarded for it. He was loyal resigning with the Bengals right as he entered his prime and used to always rant about the Bengals being relevant again maybe the Bengals should show more loyalty and deliver him a fat contract extension.

Don't be a stupid homer and just think he wants more money. Read the whole article he just wants to win. Nobody is killing Urlacher and hes doing the same thing except just not as loud. The Bengals are just damn cheap, no beating around the bush on that one.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
CJ tried to make a Kobe attempt to try make the team better by blasting them over the off season. Kobe didn't get traded, they started the season off surprisingly well and they make a trade to get them to the finals. Just maybe the Bengals go like 4-0 and everyone is happy, they start handing out extensions, make a decent trade to bolster the defense and all of a sudden we are in the playoffs. It could happen.

CJ makes very valid points and he will get booed hard our first home game, but who knows maybe he puts up a 100 yard 2 td game and we win, then everything is good again.

TO is on the decline but got a huge extension, CJ is amidst his prime and should be rewarded for it. He was loyal resigning with the Bengals right as he entered his prime and used to always rant about the Bengals being relevant again maybe the Bengals should show more loyalty and deliver him a fat contract extension.

Don't be a stupid homer and just think he wants more money. Read the whole article he just wants to win. Nobody is killing Urlacher and hes doing the same thing except just not as loud. The Bengals are just damn cheap, no beating around the bush on that one.

There is a certain amount of respect for being quiet. I've made it very clear that I still like Chad Johnson and I don't want to see him go, but the fact remains: he opens his mouth when he shouldn't. The Lakers didn't do well because of how Kobe handled his business in the media; They did well because of how the Lakers handled themselves on the court.

To make a claim such as Chad Johnson is trying to sacrifice his public image for the good of the team seems a little outlandish and way off base. I'm not saying Chad Johnson isn't trying to "pull a Kobe" I'm saying you have no evidence of that. He could be demanding a trade because TJ was a bigger star this year. He could be demanding a trade because he wants the ball more often. Or he could be demanding a trade because he just simply wants to get a superbowl ring.

But the reason for doing it doesn't even matter. The fact that he is doing it is what matters. Dance in the faces of 31 teams saying you're the greatest if you want. Run around the media and say you want to abandon the last team that genuinely likes you if you want. But I highly doubt he ever gets the same respect from the fans as he did before this happened; trade or no trade.

And lastly, giving Chad another contract now would simply be foolish. Especially if Chad claims he "just wants to win". We need to lock up our salary in big name defensive players. If he truly wants to win he'll ride his contract till there is 1 year left (2010) when they have already established themselves as a franchise that can win play off games.

The Ravens and STeelers both are getting old defensively (How old are players like Kirschke / Farrior / Hampton / Lewis / Rolle etc? I believe most of them are 30+). And the browns threw away numerous draft picks and players to build that offense - their biggest name off-season acquisition was Shaun Rodgers (Who's notorious for being overweight, lazy & unmotivated). I'd take Odom + Rivers + Sims over Shaun Rodgers personally.

Point being is we're working towards building a great defense in a division that might start to lack defense soon. If Chad wants to be a superbowl contender he needs to realize he has to be patient. I realize his clock is ticking and he's getting older too, but I expect Bengals to give this division a run for its money in 2-3 years as a serious leader.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

lol yeah, Chad just wants to win.... RIIIIIGHT. Anyone around the league has said it's about money.

Granted, winning helps to make it less of an issue. While the Bengals are obviously cheap, they spent the money on Chad/Carson/Oline... There's no denying that. There wasn't a defensive free agent that would've been a massive impact, Odom > Smith in my eyes.

The guy is just backpedaling, so you just make it sound like it's about winning and not money since you won't be getting money anyway. If it was really about winning, he should've just blasted the organization... Not his teammates. I never heard him make these points before now.

All of the Bengals freaking drafts go to defense. With time, we'll get there. I have no doubt. With our secondary, Peko, Geathers (who got paid), Rivers and hopefully Ahmad there is a talented young core. Lets face it, it's just going to take another draft or two to finally get there.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

BengalsPwn do you even understand Chad's contract? It was heavily front loaded. He made alot of money at the beginning of the contract. He loved that he was making a ton of money at the beginning, and he signed the contract. Well its been a few years...and now he decides he isn't making enough! Well thats his fault for signing a contract! He knew the money would get smaller as time went by! Don't defend him for being stupid and signing a contract! Just because he complains about it, doesnt mean that he deserves a new one. He signed his contract and the Bengals don't want to work a new one out. Thats his fault and I dont care how much he cries and whines, it isnt about winning. Its all about the money. This is some epic homerism here! This is the rock solid truth! He wants money and thats all it is!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I wouldn't go as far as saying this is ENTIRELY about money. He's obviously frustrated from the lack of success when he(and all of us too) knows how good this team can be. Im sure he's not happy with his money situation plus he could be in trouble with his taxes. If Chad comes in and goes to work n does the things he needs to do to help this team n proves he's not selfish then I'd be happy with that. I don't know if I'll ever respect him as much as I used to but maybe I won't burn my CJ jersey just yet. How soon we forget when he was the ONLY one giving this franchise any kind of hope. I sure don't.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-04-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think it's the money, the media and not having everyone in the locker room bow to him.

I never blamed him for our lack of success, while he wasn't there in the clutch her certainly made more than his fair share of plays.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the problem is Drew Rosenhaus personally. He gets in the players head and makes them think they are God-like and deserve preposterous amounts of moolah.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Drew prolly isnt helping much, but this is the Chad Johnson Character. He is just this way. TO is this way too. They have big mouths. Drew just so happens to be associated with this type of character because he tends to sign them. He also signs players LIke Fred Taylor, Greg Olson, Zach Thomas, Billy Volek, marion Barber, Rueben Drougns and Frank Gore. You wont probably here them yapping when they want a contract extension. The way Chad is acting is because thats the way Chad acts. No one else is the cause of it, but himself.