Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
i think carolina makes sense as well. reuniting steve smith and chad johnson could be good. they have a pretty good defense, and with delhomme in there, they could make some hug strides next year.
I really don't want him, he won't get the ball enough and he will cry. Smith doesn't need a superstar on the other side, he needs a guy who can hold his own and be consistent. I would much rather have TJ, they would be a perfect combination.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D. Jarrett can hold his own, ohh wait has he even see the field this year. I am not sure. Yeah come to think of it I haven't heard anything about him where he at
Old 01-31-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
He said in Chicago he would make Sexy Rex and Drunk Orton into superstars.
Hello? Sexy Rex & Drunk Orton > Ocho Cinco :D

apparently he wants out and doesnt care where he is going to
Its easy to say he can make any QB great but it is a whole different thing once he goes there and sees what playing with a poor QB is like.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chad wants to throw his teammates under the bus that's fine. I hope he gets traded somewhere with a trash QB and destroys his numbers.

If he wants to leave, just say, "things aren't working here, I need to move on" and let it be known you don't want to be a Bengal. It's so disrespectful the way he's doing it. I defended Chad anytime some half-*** fan would say he's the reason for our struggles, that was BS. Things like this destroy a teams chemistry, I think it's past the point of return... I can't imagine how he could fit in the locker room after saying all of this.

As far as I'm concerned he can't be traded far enough away from here. He's not even the best WR on this team.

A first rounder (any first rounder) hopefully gets it done. We take two defensive guys with both 1st rounders and either sign a WR in FA or draft one in the second or with one of our thirds.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How stand up of Chad, I'm starting to get really dissapointed that I defended this guy...

Quote:
Reached by The Enquirer on his cell phone in Phoenix, Johnson said: “I haven’t spoken to you all year. Why you calling my (expletive) phone? Why you calling my phone?

“I don’t care what you heard on the radio.”
Old 01-31-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

/\/\

that is reasonable do you want some news papers calling you on your private cell phone. I see why he is getting mad.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, I guess that's true. Chad was just always so approachable and friendly here, it's strange to have him being so spiteful against everyone here in Cincinnati.

Anyways, more on topic. I posted this on the team forum but it's worth mention here:

Quote:
So while the team’s options are limited, discipline can be imposed. And a league source with knowledge of the dynamics of the Bengals front office predicts that the current situation could eventually result in a T.O.-style feud.

“Mike Brown won’t trade him under any circumstances,” the source said. “They will let him sit and rot.”
While we all know that's very unlikely, if anyone would do it it'd be Mike Brown. I think it'd be a terrible idea, I just think it's time to part ways now. There will be zero fan backlash if he's traded after the things he's said the past two days in my eyes, I went from supporting him to can't stand him in a hurry.

Highest first rounder gets it done.

EDIT: LOL I just realized my s/n needs to be changed haha, no way. I think PalmerToTJ shall do haha

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 02-01-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:19 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Patriots would be a nice home with or with out Moss
but week 1 he'll be a bengal
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:36 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are being a little harsh on him. He wants to be on a team that is a real contender without all of the problems the bengals have. He's mouthy, but its all in good fun. People want to criticize him and make him into some sort of TO villian type of guy, but all he wants is to compete and win championships. Every team should want Chad on their team, except maybe Dallas or New England who already have superstar WR of a similar caliber. Hell, I'd love to have him in Pittsburgh, although Hines Ward will probably whine about it or something.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

A guy who trashes his teammates, front office and fanbase publicly is bound to come off as a villian. I mean I can understand being unhappy but it's pretty low to do what he's doing. Keep in mind I've always defended Chad.

He wants to be on a real contender yet he's talking about going to Miami and Carolina... Please.

I honestly don't see how we can keep him around given what's been said because of the problems it would cause internally. I really doubt he plays in a Bengal uniform next year.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think there might be a story behind this, Chad does crazy anteics on the field but outside he hasn't really done anything really stupid. He probably did ask to be traded at first and talked to Brown, or Lewis. They probably said either something to him and denied the trade.

Both sides probably said some really stupid ****, and both sides don't want it getting out, so neither went to the press.

So Chad probably thought why not be a distraction and get traded.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
A guy who trashes his teammates, front office and fanbase publicly is bound to come off as a villian. I mean I can understand being unhappy but it's pretty low to do what he's doing. Keep in mind I've always defended Chad.

He wants to be on a real contender yet he's talking about going to Miami and Carolina... Please.

I honestly don't see how we can keep him around given what's been said because of the problems it would cause internally. I really doubt he plays in a Bengal uniform next year.

If i was a cincy fan i would feel the same way...But its what he is trying to do. And its working.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
osage44

This recent spate of odd behaviour with CJ is primarily about money. He (and Rosenhaus) want a new contract. Unfortunately (for CJ) TJ Houshmandzadeh is first in line for an extension, as his current deal runs out in '08. TJ deserves it. While Chad is an ass, he is also a terrific player with great durability and production. Moreover, he just turned 30, and should have at about 6 more similarly productive seasons. In terms of draft pick compensation, Chad is worth at least a #1. He is a sure thing. You cannot say that for any drafted college player.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny how two years ago he was just a playful version of TO and would never turn into the cancer that Owens was. Looks like the attention he craved so much has gone to his head.

I doubt Cinci would trade Chad to the Patriots seeing as he is in their conference and why would they make the best team better?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

I don't really think the Niners would be likely to go after CJ because Nolan has taken some jabs at his persona in the past. I don't think he'd really go for the whole "Ocho Cinco" thing.

To me, I think the fit is with Dallas. An extra pick to give up and an owner/gm who's crazy enough to stuff him and TO in the same lockerroom. That said, I think JJ really has his eyes on McFadden, so I wouldn't look for this trade to go down before draft day, when Jones probably won't have the ammo to trade up far enough to get his Razorback RB.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Jerry Jones seems like the only GM that would make the move. And if he does not get D-MAC I think he will go ahead and make the move for Chad

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-02-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think there might be a story behind this, Chad does crazy anteics on the field but outside he hasn't really done anything really stupid. He probably did ask to be traded at first and talked to Brown, or Lewis. They probably said either something to him and denied the trade.

Both sides probably said some really stupid ****, and both sides don't want it getting out, so neither went to the press.

So Chad probably thought why not be a distraction and get traded.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A note on Dallas: 2008 is the last season of TO's current three-year contract, and he's not getting any younger (35 come this December).
Old 02-02-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I guess it could work, there are some young guys on the team at wr that need to be developed, and I could see Jerry giving up his 22nd pick but its just too unlikely...There are teams like Washington and Philly for one who also need a wr badly, have higher 1st rd picks, and who could all trade that pick for Chad...Washington wants him very badly so ive been reading in their papers, and im sure they would love to give up their pick right before Dallas to land him over us...

But at the rate chad is going, he is going to be gone before the season...No way you keep a guy thats lobbying to play elsewhere during the offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:54 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

per pft.

How desperate is Johnson to get out of Cincy? So desperate that on Friday's Rome is Burning on ESPN he made a pitch to be acquired by . . . the Raiders

He is desperate

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-02-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yep... Chad wants to go to winners like Miami and Oakland.

The sooner he leaves the better.

This quote off PFT is very accurate:
Quote:
Our guess? Chad's antics are going to get the people in Cincy even more pissed off than they'd be if he'd simply come out and ask for a trade.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 02-02-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Dude the Bengals are dead to Chad Johnson, I'd be pissed too if I were him.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
So is chad and TJ..But when it comes to getting the ball all chad cares about is chad.

But that is a good point about him and smith. But he would still need a good QB. If the ball is not on the spot he cries.
Posts like this really highlight the misunderstanding of Chad Johnson, he isn't a ball hog. He is just upset with his organization who he feels betrayed him and is rightfully so. He's got his mouth closed for the past what 3? 4 months?

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
per pft.

How desperate is Johnson to get out of Cincy? So desperate that on Friday's Rome is Burning on ESPN he made a pitch to be acquired by . . . the Raiders

He is desperate
Yuck.

He would leave Carson Palmer ... for the Raiders? Hopefully his wish is granted.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Yuck.

He would leave Carson Palmer ... for the Raiders? Hopefully his wish is granted.
AMEN!

He's soft, have a little backbone and deal with things. I beg the front office to trade him.