Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not sure if this is news or not, but if the Redskins are trying to make an offer the Bengals might as well deal him...

Quote:
"Numerous league sources" tell the Washington Post that the Redskins are interested in trading for Chad Johnson.

Here we go. Two sources say Johnson is "eager" to get a new contract from the Redskins, confirming that Chad's main beef with the Bengals is about money. With a coaching staff almost fully in place, owner Dan Snyder's top priority is known to be acquiring a No. 1 receiver. While the Bengals aren't interested in moving Johnson currently, sources tell the Post that agent Drew Rosenhaus is actively working to broker a deal. It would probably take a pair of early first day draft picks to get Johnson.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=112405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Im not sure if this is news or not, but if the Redskins are trying to make an offer the Bengals might as well deal him...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=112405
why do so many WRs want to come to the NFC East dammit? Its like they have a hard on to come here.

i won't be surprised if Stallworth comes here too. Great. Just what we need. Thank God for a pass rush.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
why do so many WRs want to come to the NFC East dammit? Its like they have a hard on to come here.

i won't be surprised if Stallworth comes here too. Great. Just what we need. Thank God for a pass rush.
NFC East is the division to be in!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

cause its the best division in the NFL
Old 02-12-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
cause its the best division in the NFL
i think at this point, that statement is undebatable. we have 3 teams make the playoffs each of the last 2 years, and you can make an argument that our 3rd ranked team in our division would be division leaders in some other divisions.

AFC South is a close 2nd.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
i think at this point, that statement is undebatable. we have 3 teams make the playoffs each of the last 2 years, and you can make an argument that our 3rd ranked team in our division would be division leaders in some other divisions.

AFC South is a close 2nd.
you mean NFC East is a close second...

I give your division respect because the Giants won the Superbowl but the Cowboys (who were the best team in the NFC throughout the regular season choked) and Redskins didn't really show me much...

The AFC South had three teams make the playoffs...in the AFC that's more impressive than three teams making it in the NFC...plus two of the AFC South's teams (Jacksonville and Indianapolis) were playing in the Divisional round...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a trade with washington seems like it could happen IMO, but I just don't see us letting him go this year. if it does happen washington seems a likely place.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post

I give your division respect because the Giants won the Superbowl but the Cowboys (who were the best team in the NFC throughout the regular season choked) and Redskins didn't really show me much...

The AFC South had three teams make the playoffs...in the AFC that's more impressive than three teams making it in the NFC...plus two of the AFC South's teams (Jacksonville and Indianapolis) were playing in the Divisional round...
I think this year, Washington and Philly were respectively better teams than the Titans and Texans. Id expect Washington to beat Tennessee more often than not, as well as Philly beating Houston more often than not.

The Giants won the SB, and Dallas was arguably one of the top 5 teams in the entire league last year. I think from top to bottom, we were slightly better.

Thats no knock on the South, the south is an amazing division as well, but I think our top 2 teams are close, but our bottom 2 is better than your bottom 2. Its close, but I give the edge to the East. The NFC is not as bad as we make it out to be. We're slowly seeing a changing of the guard. The NFC's top 5 teams are just as good as the AFC's top 5 teams. Outside of NE, there really wasn't a team in the AFC that could say theyd have a significant edge over any NFC top 5 team.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The AFC South had three teams make the playoffs...in the AFC that's more impressive than three teams making it in the NFC...
Really? Why? I think the myth of AFC superiority is over.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the AFC WC race was harder to win than the NFC's (9-7 wasn't good enough, hell 10-6 wasn't for one team). Plus, if we're just talking regular season performance based on the standings, it's hard to say the AFC South wasn't the top division when both #2 and #3 had one more wins respectively than the NFC East did at those spots. Simple fact is, the NFC East wasn't sending 3 teams to the playoffs in the AFC in 07, so they weren't the best division.

Also, it's not a myth. The best 3 teams in the NFC in 06 were the Bears, Saints and Eagles record wise. None made the playoffs in 07. The best 3 teams in the AFC in 06 were the Chargers, Colts and Pats, and all 3 made it again. The AFC at the top is just more consistently good right now and has been for a while.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cutthoat View Post
He doesn't "need" attention.. people went from adoring this guy to being haters in an instant.. it's histerical.
Ahh another thread dedicated to CJ. I will sum up everything from all my other posts about CJ right here. Good line Cutthoat (Cutthroat?) Yes the media darling went from being beloved to hated in what seems like overnight. Sure, he is cocky and mouthy, but it was all in fun, right? He isnt a team cancer like TO or Moss...Anyways, from some of my other posts regarding this topic now.

Last five years here are what he averages:

90+ catches
1300+ yards
8+ tds

He is the only "consistent" offensive player on the Bengals over that period of time. Henry isnt "consistent" enough to be relied on every week. TJ (who I like as well) will be blanketed by defenses. They dont have a reliable TE. Rudi doesnt catch many balls at the RB spot. The Bengals have to win by outscoring the opponent, the defense is not good enough. A draft pick or two recieved from a trade for him and used on defense MIGHT help out in a few years, but not immediately. The Bengals dont seem to draft very well defensively. I dont see teams giving up a 1st round pick for CJ, he is around 30 years old and will want big money. How many WRs have went for 1st round draft picks in the past? I can see a 2nd and maybe a 4th, as someone mentioned earlier, at the most.

I'm someone who has had to deal with TO (49ers fan) but, I would gladly welcome CJ. I dont see that happening though. I imagine the Bengals losing more games without him. Bengals fans: who out of this years draft would you want to get from a trade for CJ? Lets assume that it would be a late-1st round or early-2nd round pick?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Well, the AFC WC race was harder to win than the NFC's (9-7 wasn't good enough, hell 10-6 wasn't for one team). Plus, if we're just talking regular season performance based on the standings, it's hard to say the AFC South wasn't the top division when both #2 and #3 had one more wins respectively than the NFC East did at those spots. Simple fact is, the NFC East wasn't sending 3 teams to the playoffs in the AFC in 07, so they weren't the best division.

Also, it's not a myth. The best 3 teams in the NFC in 06 were the Bears, Saints and Eagles record wise. None made the playoffs in 07. The best 3 teams in the AFC in 06 were the Chargers, Colts and Pats, and all 3 made it again. The AFC at the top is just more consistently good right now and has been for a while.
The AFC South played the NFC South and AFC West, both terrible divisions. The NFC East played the NFC North (which was actually a good division this year contrary to popular belief) and the AFC East (i'll give you that). However, our schedule was still tougher. The AFC East and NFC South were both a joke, but the NFC North is tougher than the AFC West. Either way, looking at records is only a half truth.

Look at the teams themselves. The Titans just don't have enough consistency on offense to beat any team in the NFC East more often than not. The Texans just aren't that great yet. The top is very close, but we had the SB champ and #1 seed in the NFC at the top.

The AFC has been more consistent yes. But we're starting to see a qb revolution in the NFC, with Romo, and possibily Manning (possibly) providing quality stability at the qb position needed for sustained success that you see with the Colts and Patriots in the AFC.

Honestly, I wish our division wasn't so tough. I much rather be in an easy division and sleep walk into the playoffs.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 02-12-2008 at 08:10 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

The giants have thier work cut out for them, but with that pass rush they have a chance. God I hope we play you week 1 on thursday night. The entire US would watch that game.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't rather be in an easy division. If your team's going to do anything in the playoffs anyway they should be able to make the playoffs in a tough division, and maybe even benefit from tough competition down the line.

Comparing schedules is a little pointless when they're not the same, because the Titans beating an 5-5 team in the AFC may not necessarily mean it's an easier win than the Redskins beeting an 6-4 team (just an example). Plus, I'm not so sure about the conclusions the #3 and #4 NFC East teams would more often beat the #3 and #4 AFC South teams, the Titans D basically kept them in every game this year when AH wasn't out and I doubt a Redskins game would be any different, and the Eagles and Texans were both so hot-cold who the hell knows. I know it's silly to go back to 06, but the AFC South handled the NFC East well that season and basically no team regressed in 07 from the South, so I think it's a lot less of a sure thing than you may acknowledge.

All in all I think it's pretty much impossible to say either way, but one could be excused for siding with the South more so than the East based on records which, as trivial as they may be when the difference is one game here and there, are ultimately what permits comparison between the two anyway, along with the playoff thing.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I wouldn't rather be in an easy division. If your team's going to do anything in the playoffs anyway they should be able to make the playoffs in a tough division, and maybe even benefit from tough competition down the line.

Comparing schedules is a little pointless when they're not the same, because the Titans beating an 5-5 team in the AFC may not necessarily mean it's an easier win than the Redskins beeting an 6-4 team (just an example). Plus, I'm not so sure about the conclusions the #3 and #4 NFC East teams would more often beat the #3 and #4 AFC South teams, the Titans D basically kept them in every game this year when AH wasn't out and I doubt a Redskins game would be any different, and the Eagles and Texans were both so hot-cold who the hell knows. I know it's silly to go back to 06, but the AFC South handled the NFC East well that season and basically no team regressed in 07 from the South, so I think it's a lot less of a sure thing than you may acknowledge.

All in all I think it's pretty much impossible to say either way, but one could be excused for siding with the South more so than the East based on records which, as trivial as they may be when the difference is one game here and there, are ultimately what permits comparison between the two anyway, along with the playoff thing.
fair enough. you make good points. i think next year will eventually answer this question for us, for now, its a tossup with valid points on both sides.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

okay so how many AFC south teams have made the Superbowl in the past 5 years? The two best teams in your divison failed to beat the patriots.Both Philly and Washington lost their starting QBs. Houston is improving, Tennessee is improving, Jags have proved themselves as a AFC South contender, but Indy dominates that division.

In the NFC East there is no dominant team, the cowboys and eagles were both contending for NFC Championship but fell short, Giants Won everything this year, Washington made the playoffs this year and two years ago, So having consistantly more or at least 2 teams in the playoffs every year. If Jacksonville were to win the AFC championship i would consider it much much closer than it is right now, and i believe they could do it.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who cares about the best division....bengals fans, if we were to make a trade for chad what poistion/players would your team need or be interested in? im thinkin maybe they do another player swap and some draft picks like we did for portis when we traded away champ

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ puts up consistent numbers year to year... Absolutely no doubt about that. From a game to game basis, VERY debatable.

Last year:
5 games of 60 yards or less
5 games of 100 yards or more

2006:
6 games of 60 yards or less
4 games of 100 yards or more

It hurts our offense more to lose TJ. We have no other WR on the team that can do what he does (Tab Perry somewhat but he's never healthy).

To answer the previous post... I don't see us taking on another player. Draft pick(s) would be most probable. Then go DT/DE/LB the first two rounds, I'm still not sure if he'll get traded.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cutthoat View Post
He doesn't "need" attention.. people went from adoring this guy to being haters in an instant.. it's histerical. He just wants to be on a winning team, period. The bengals have no defense and won't have one anytime soon... can't blame him for wanting to go. Oakland / Frisco would be horrible.. developing young QB and the worst QB in the league (Alex Smith).. maybe if Frisco starts Hill... but yeah.. wont happen. Ocho is the fastest receiver off the line of scrimage in football.. someone will make the move.
The Redskins are not a consistent winning football team year in and year out. Is Chad Johnson really the answer they're looking for? If what you think about Chad Johnson's "wants" is true, then he'll just be like Randy Moss. A player that whines and bitches when things don't go right on the team. Those are the most annoying players in my opinion. Guys that don't stick it through because the team is having a difficult time. If it was a problem that had with some teammates, coaches, or other personnel about something else, or he felt like he wasn't getting paid the value he believes he's worth, then I could see him wanting his voice to be heard, but don't cry because your team isn't winning. That's just childish in my opinion.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
okay so how many AFC south teams have made the Superbowl in the past 5 years? The two best teams in your divison failed to beat the patriots.Both Philly and Washington lost their starting QBs. Houston is improving, Tennessee is improving, Jags have proved themselves as a AFC South contender, but Indy dominates that division.

In the NFC East there is no dominant team, the cowboys and eagles were both contending for NFC Championship but fell short, Giants Won everything this year, Washington made the playoffs this year and two years ago, So having consistantly more or at least 2 teams in the playoffs every year. If Jacksonville were to win the AFC championship i would consider it much much closer than it is right now, and i believe they could do it.
The Eagles were contending for the NFC crown?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprised about the Redskins being interested, I think we all expected that. The team obviously needed more from the wide receiver position last season, partly thanks to the horrible acquisition/extension of Brandon Lloyd blowing up in their face as expected.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:37 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The Redskins are not a consistent winning football team year in and year out. Is Chad Johnson really the answer they're looking for? If what you think about Chad Johnson's "wants" is true, then he'll just be like Randy Moss. A player that whines and bitches when things don't go right on the team. Those are the most annoying players in my opinion. Guys that don't stick it through because the team is having a difficult time. If it was a problem that had with some teammates, coaches, or other personnel about something else, or he felt like he wasn't getting paid the value he believes he's worth, then I could see him wanting his voice to be heard, but don't cry because your team isn't winning. That's just childish in my opinion.
He says his coach hasnt spoke with him in months, no one seems to have a problem with that though. And I dont get the comparison to Moss' situation. CJ has been with the SAME team for what, 7 years now? How much has went "right" on the Bengals in that period of time?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
who cares about the best division....bengals fans, if we were to make a trade for chad what poistion/players would your team need or be interested in? im thinkin maybe they do another player swap and some draft picks like we did for portis when we traded away champ
my honest guess is a second, marcus washington, and a conditional.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Redskins will have a tough time getting 85 from the Bengals. It is not impossible, but very difficult. While the team has some players who could be moved in a deal, there are salary implications. Any current player trade will cause a cap hit, worsening the salary situation. Even now, the team is projected at $15mm or more over the cap. Cutting Lloyd, Brunell, and others will help a bit, but they will still have to restructure some deals to even afford their draft picks. Throw in the gigantic new deal that CJ will need, and things will be squeezed pretty tightly.

On top of that, the Redskins are getting older in some places. Thomas, Rabach, Kendall, and Samuels are over 30. Daniels is older, so is Marcus Washington. Shaun Springs is nearing the end of the line. Even Fred Smoot is up there. The team needs to continue to get younger. Giving up 2 or 3 early picks for CJ might be a decent short-term move, but what about long term?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
The giants have thier work cut out for them, but with that pass rush they have a chance. God I hope we play you week 1 on thursday night. The entire US would watch that game.
They did the first and last time we played.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote