Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chad is not going anywhere. They will not trade him that team needs him unless they get some good D players for him.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to like Chad, but I really soured on him after this fiasco.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I used to like Chad, but I really soured on him after this fiasco.
Same here I was a big chad fan...He just needs to shut up and play football.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Im kind of tired of players not ending there contracts that they sign. Just play it out.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-13-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Im kind of tired of players not ending there contracts that they sign. Just play it out.
You signed the deal live with it stop crying

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-13-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
they can get rid of u whenever they want
Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
they can get rid of u whenever they want
Yea but they are paying you they have the right....

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-13-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea but they are paying you they have the right....
Its your life and you have the right.....
Old 02-13-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Its your life and you have the right.....
It was your choice to play for them for that amount of time. I agree that they should uphold their part of the deal also.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

I just think he is going by it in the wrong way. If he does not get traded its going to be a long year in that locker room.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-13-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who would have any idea about the situation is saying it's about money... Not winning.

BTW, trading CJ would supposedly have a cap hit of 8 mil on us, I don't see him being traded. Really annoys me he wants another contract after getting his big extension last year I believe.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
He says his coach hasnt spoke with him in months, no one seems to have a problem with that though. And I dont get the comparison to Moss' situation. CJ has been with the SAME team for what, 7 years now? How much has went "right" on the Bengals in that period of time?
Well that's what he said. We haven't heard both sides of the story. A good amount has gone right with the Bengals during that amount of time. They've built a competitive team on the offensive side of the ball. They've had their best success these past few years than they've had in a very long time. The things that have gotten out of control are the arrests and the defensive side of the ball not producing. But those things can be corrected.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

its all about the money

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coach Marvin Lewis reiterated Wednesday that the Bengals will not trade Chad Johnson and haven't even discussed the possibility.

"No. 1, the guy has a contract through 2011, OK," Lewis said. "Our player (Johnson), we know is very passionate about the game. He continues to play at a very, very high level. He has been very, very productive. He has been well-compensated. We've had a great relationship. That’s not going to change."
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=112462

sounds like their not trying to take a cap hit and Chad better suck it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Chad in a Saints uni, that's just how I feel. Colston needs another WR to take some heat off him, clearly Devery, Copper or Patton weren't the answer. Jury is still out on Meachem. I just see Chad as another Joe Horn, we didn't mind him in New Orleans did we?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard anyone in the Bengals organization say a SINGLE bad thing about Chad publicly. Yet Chad bashes the team, frustrating. It'd be one thing if his contract was from 2004 or whenever he got his first extension but this one was redone recently.

TJ, Carson and Marvin have all backed him despite what he's said. More quotes from Marvin:

Quote:
"They can stop the presses, quit killing trees and move on to other things," Lewis said of the Johnson media orgy. "There is, at no point, anyone in the Bengals organization who has ever uttered anything about trading Chad Johnson. Nor will he be traded.

"It's unfortunate for Chad that he is being cast in this light. It's really not fair. So once again I will go on record in defense of him," Lewis said. "We've had a great relationship. All I want to do is see Chad continue to be a very, very productive NFL player and help us win a lot of football games. That's not going to change."

"It's unfortunate for Chad that he is being cast in this light. It's really not fair. So once again I will go on record in defense of him," Lewis said. "We've had a great relationship. All I want to do is see Chad continue to be a very, very productive NFL player and help us win a lot of football games. That's not going to change."
Bottom line: Chad's demanding a trade/pulling the "I'm the victim"-"I want to win" card in order to get traded to someone who will pay him. Mike Brown would NEVER up his contract after the previous one he signed so why even bother. Brown also wouldn't want to absorb the hit trading him would cause. I highly doubt he goes anywhere, he needs to get his act together and grow up.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

How can fans support someone who does not want to play for their team
Old 02-13-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
How can fans support someone who does not want to play for their team
Not sure, guess I'll tell you if I support him again.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, at least Johnson hasn't said he won't play for the Bengals this season. I don't think he's crossed that impossed line in the sand. But obviously, he wants to and has tried to get traded.

Excluding the monetary explanation, he's really reacting badly to the criticism that (finally) came his way during the season. He needs to grow up in some ways, hopefully the Bengals hang onto him and he does that. Is too much of the Bengals' locker room being aired in public? Probably, it is. But you can't have all of the glory and the fame without the criticism and the blame.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

His skin is as thick as saran wrap... We all get criticized in life, it's just a matter of growing a pair and dealing with it.

I will say, some of his recent comments have been very resonable... It's fine to voice displeasure to a point. What bothers me is that I think the only reason he's doing this is because of the shark.

The one that really got to me was when they asked if the Bengals could make the playoffs and he just laughed and said next question... How can you play with a guy that does that? That along with saying TJ and Carson (later in the season) were the only ones that had his back, I'm sure there are others that did which he failed to mention... That would really offend me.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that thinks TJ is better than CJ? I love Chad and everything but TJ is ripping up secondaries alot more often than CJ is lately.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks TJ is better than CJ? I love Chad and everything but TJ is ripping up secondaries alot more often than CJ is lately.
I'm not gonna go looking for stats again but if my memory serves me correctly TJ had 10 more catches than CJ and averaged 10 yards a catch compared to CJs 14 or 15, not exactly what I would call ripping up secondaries. TJ had a dozen TDs because he is more of a force in the red zone. And I like TJ as well but last year was really his first big year. Lets see him put together a string of 5 to 6 years like CJ before everyone labels him the best WR on the Bengals.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I'm not gonna go looking for stats again but if my memory serves me correctly TJ had 10 more catches than CJ and averaged 10 yards a catch compared to CJs 14 or 15, not exactly what I would call ripping up secondaries. TJ had a dozen TDs because he is more of a force in the red zone. And I like TJ as well but last year was really his first big year. Lets see him put together a string of 5 to 6 years like CJ before everyone labels him the best WR on the Bengals.
That's why I said lately. Just seems this off field bull **** for CJ really effected his play.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
That's why I said lately. Just seems this off field bull **** for CJ really effected his play.
Ok, I lied. I'm gonna post stats again. 93 REC 1440 YARDS (15.5 avg) and 8 TDs. Those look numbers of someone whose play was affected by off the field stuff? If you ask me, his numbers are way more impressive last year than TJs.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

I guess so. I must be just sour from all this off field whining even though I'm not a Bengals fan. I just can't stand when people whine and complain about being in a certain city. I wouldn't call it an elite year for him though, last year either for that matter.

Who Dat Nation!