Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-23-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Floyd Landis Update:

For those interested....

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cyclin...ory?id=2776315

I friggin hate the french. First they go after Lance and now Floyd.

I guess they can't take American's dominating the sport of cycling. :roll:

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he did cheat, but I'm sure he wasn't the only one.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Well he did cheat, but I'm sure he wasn't the only one.
What? Am I missing something here?

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

French don't do anything right

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
French don't do anything right
brie & baggettes
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Floyd Landis Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
For those interested....

More like they dont like drug cheats ruining what was once an honourable sport and one the greatest sporting events known to man

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
Quote:
For those interested....

More like they dont like drug cheats ruining what was once an honourable sport and one the greatest sporting events known to man
Yet they try and blackmail Lance and Floyd. They hold a grudge against us, I know they do.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I feel that sweetness is right, it's their sport and seeing an American DOMINATE for 7 straight Tours was bad enough. They went and are still going, the whole 10 yards (for a first down) to find some EPO on Lance. Now seeing Lance clear out and having a new American win must've been bad. But I'm not sure if Landis is an innocent man.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
Personally I feel that sweetness is right, it's their sport and seeing an American DOMINATE for 7 straight Tours was bad enough. They went and are still going, the whole 10 yards (for a first down) to find some EPO on Lance. Now seeing Lance clear out and having a new American win must've been bad. But I'm not sure if Landis is an innocent man.
I think he is. The guy is doing everything in his power to clear his name.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Riding a bicycle is not a sport so no one cares. Besides cyclists are stupid; case in point Lance Armstrong. He had Sheryl Crow and gave her away, that is stupid...........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"lance armstrong can do more with one nut than anyone could do with 3"

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
Riding a bicycle is not a sport so no one cares. Besides cyclists are stupid; case in point Lance Armstrong. He had Sheryl Crow and gave her away, that is stupid...........
I'd like to see you go and do one stage of the Tour de France and come back to me. These guys are arguably the best pure athletes in the world. 23 days of hell.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

out of Landis's drug tests during the race wasnt that the only one to find steroids in it?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
out of Landis's drug tests during the race wasnt that the only one to find steroids in it?
Yes. Which sounds fishy because the leader got tested after every stage, and he led for at least 5 during the race and his results came back negative.

Although the argument is that he had a ****** day the day before, and then all of the sudden he blows everyone out of the water and regains the lead. After this day he tested positive. I personally believe he's innocent.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good point, you wont take steriods the night before you need it the most.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't take steroids for awhile, taking them one night isn't going to boost your performance the next day.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Um yea, it doesn't kick in that fast I don't think. You take it like 3-4 days before you want results, not the day before.

Again, the French are jelous and this is the 2nd time they've tried to **** over an America Champion, something isn't right.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, you'd probably just take a ton of greenies.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Um yea, it doesn't kick in that fast I don't think. You take it like 3-4 days before you want results, not the day before.

Again, the French are jelous and this is the 2nd time they've tried to *********** over an America Champion, something isn't right.

Just say to one of them "Vous faire parle l'Allemand" (do you speak German in French) that will shut 'em up.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Again, the French are jelous and this is the 2nd time they've tried to *********** over an America Champion, something isn't right.

Just say to one of them "Vous faire parle l'Allemand" (do you speak German in French) that will shut 'em up.
Nope but I can translate it. :D

Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd like to see you go and do one stage of the Tour de France and come back to me. These guys are arguably the best pure athletes in the world. 23 days of hell.
And yet he still gave up Sheryl Crow after all that hell? STUPID!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still not sold that Lance Armstrong didn't take something ... but just got away with it. Too much circumstantial evidence for me based on all the numerous incidents stateside ... and the fact that he supposedly got his people to work hard to shut some people up.

As for Landis, I think he made the wrong choice to agree not to race this year in France. That makes him look bad. I think he probably took something. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if half of those cyclists, if not more, took something as well, so I don't think this is American vs. everyone else, but more a case of the need to police things tighter.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes it is a sport, and dumping a girl dosnt make you stupid, you dont know the reasons...
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SouthernPride396
Rookie

SouthernPride396 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
Quote:
For those interested....

More like they dont like non-French drug cheats ruining what was once an honourable sport and one the greatest sporting events known to man
fixed. The French have no problem with cheating as long as nobody else does it. Especially Americans.

Sig by DChess
SouthernPride396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu
I'm still not sold that Lance Armstrong didn't take something ... but just got away with it. Too much circumstantial evidence for me based on all the numerous incidents stateside ... and the fact that he supposedly got his people to work hard to shut some people up.

As for Landis, I think he made the wrong choice to agree not to race this year in France. That makes him look bad. I think he probably took something. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if half of those cyclists, if not more, took something as well, so I don't think this is American vs. everyone else, but more a case of the need to police things tighter.
Lance was the most tested athlete in sports. He's clean, no doubt in my mind.

Quote: