Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
"The Impossible" ? I mean impossible concerning ending the Perfect streak, making an impossible catch and making an impossible escape?
Its to vague. You know whats a cool name regarding the game or maybe the play or just in general? Imperfect Perfection. I think it just sounds cool, thats it. Kind of relates to the game.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well than again, The Dive, the Tackle, the Play...all kind vague :D

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well with those, you know what happened. Immaculate reception = amazing catch. The Tackle = amazing tackle. The Drive = amazing drive.

The Impossible = amazing ...

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Well with those, you know what happened. Immaculate reception = amazing catch. The Tackle = amazing tackle. The Drive = amazing drive.

The Impossible = amazing ...
I like the impossible.

Another one is The Resiliency. I think that not only describes that play, but also the entire season. Just ripping off the intro that Fox did thats in my sig.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of the like " The Shock and Awe." It fits the play pretty well if you break it down. I think all of America was stunned to see Eli break that sack and then everybody was amazed at how Tyree actually held onto the ball. It incorporates both actions that it took to make the play.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

There seemed to be like 4 guys around him, did Eli really not see any other WRs that were more open? I really didn't see another angle but after an scramble like that, there usually always is someone wide open. Amazing play nonetheless.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The great escape doesn't work. It doesn't describe the play accurately, and people won't know what you're talking about if you just mention it by name out of the blue.

Not sure there is a name you can come up with that both accurately describes it and does it justice, but I'll probably just refer to it as "Manning to Tyree" or "That Giant Play."

And I agree with DMW, that was the single greatest play I've ever seen in a Super Bowl. I jumped straight off the couch and just flipped out while watching the replay. It was unreal. It was amazing that the Pats failed to sack Eli, but that play was all Tyree. Manning just heaved up yet another desperation throw that he's lucky wasn't intercepted. Sure he escaped the inevitable, but without Tyree, people aren't singing Eli's praises.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thought of another one-

"Third and Five."

The play was so damn great, that all you have to do is mention the down and distance and people should know exactly what you're talking about.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about "Juke and Dive"?

This deserves a special name, we are honor bounds as die-hards to not rest until we find one.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read an espn article, where they dubbed it "The Catch II". Rather unoriginal if you ask me. It should be interesting to see what the official name of it will be.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I read an espn article, where they dubbed it "The Catch II". Rather unoriginal if you ask me. It should be interesting to see what the official name of it will be.
It's also been done, since Terrell Owens' catch vs. Green Bay is considered "The Catch II."

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
It's also been done, since Terrell Owens' catch vs. Green Bay is considered "The Catch II."
that was an amazing play too. i guess theyll dub this "the catch III" then. meh, come on espn, hire some better writers with more originality.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most amazing play I have seen ever. Based on the amazing escape by Eli, getting away from like three guys, the desperation heave, the catch pinned to the helmet, and then it is the Super Bowl on the last drive of the game down four.

You can not trump that, there have been amazing catches, amazing throws and runs, but I have never seen two such impossible individual plays in one.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or maybe the "Giant Escape"

muwahaha
Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got it...

"The Catch heard round the world!"

Similar to the Giants winning the pennant with the "Shot Heard Round the World"

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, that play was amazing. I had been rooting for the Patriots, so when I saw Eli about to get sacked, me and the 3 other guys in the room going for them jumped up and started cheering. Then we saw him get out of that and lob the throw up to him and we were all out of our seats going OH MY GOD. It was amazing. A fantastic super bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

While Tyree's catch was certainly amazing and a key part to one of the biggest upsets in NFL history, I don't think it can take the place of "The Catch" ... yet. Of course, I am biased on this, but Dwight Clark's catch was the symbolic beginning of one dynasty and the end of another. It was also a catch for a touchdown, not just a first down, and in terms of sheer impressiveness, i'm not sure that Tyree's cradle against the top of the helmet was really that much more impressive than how high Clark jumped to snag that pass from Montana and still come down in the back corner of the endzone.

But, you know, I think it will be all about hindsight on this one. We can talk about this more if/when Eli goes on to win his fourth Super Bowl as a Giants starter and the Patriots have found themselves mired in a decade of mediocrity.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Or maybe the "Giant Escape"

muwahaha
yeah great escape is perfect.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Most amazing play I have seen ever. Based on the amazing escape by Eli, getting away from like three guys, the desperation heave, the catch pinned to the helmet, and then it is the Super Bowl on the last drive of the game down four.

You can not trump that, there have been amazing catches, amazing throws and runs, but I have never seen two such impossible individual plays in one.
Personally I like McNair's escape better(about 2 minutes in) but the catch puts it over the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1oK2...eature=related
Old 02-04-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Personally I like McNair's escape better(about 2 minutes in) but the catch puts it over the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1oK2...eature=related
Had they scored, that may be the best. That play is pure insanity on Mcnair's part as well. Catching the back end of the ball by pinning it to your helmet is insane.

I think the fact that he is like the fourth string WR makes it crazier.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"The Great Escape"
Old 02-05-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I'm calling that play "The Great Escape" in my next article.
I demand money for it. Haha.

I think the 'The Great Escape' was something I looked at more for the escape by Eli, as for the play as a whole - well that's a different story I guess.

How about.. 'The Perfect Play'?

I think that would be so fitting, considering it helped bring down the 'perfect Patriots'.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking the same name the great escape, but then you remeber that great catch.

I think it should be called The Play or the end of perfection.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

"The Imperfect Play"

it was just that, imperfect. nothing went right except the end result. protection broke down, the throw hung in the air, sloppy tackling by the Pats, the WR had to break off his route, everything went wrong except the end result.

Also, the play pretty much ended the perfect season. Making the Pats season, imperfect.

What you guys think?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The Pass-And-Catch".
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote