Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There's no reason for them to be. They were the best team in the NFC this year, but that in now way ensures they'll be the best next year.

That said I can't think of anyone off-hand that I think is more talented. I predicted them to make the Superbowl before the playoffs started, though was obviously suprised like most that they took it to the Pats.
Its tough to say who's the most talented. I think thats an overrated thing anyway, its not necessarily who has the most talent, but where you have it, along with health, leadership, good coaching and steady qb play.

Im not saying the Giants should repeat, but im already hearing a lot of media outlets saying that GB or Dallas are the front runners next year. And Im like, based on what? The NFL is so up and down, its impossible to predict who will do what, but you figure the fickle media would throw in the SB champs as the initial best in the NFC next year, and theyre not.

Thats all im saying. I personally don't know if we can repeat. The NY media will get in these guys heads. I hope it doesn't happen. But its so hard repeating as is, once you get that attention, it gets in your head. Thats what im worried about.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm really not buying the Viking hype. their strong point is their DTs and they're not getting any younger. they still have needs at DE, WR and a very unproven QB. a lot of things would need to go right for them to have the year some are predicting they'll have. Not to say it won't happen. a lot of things had to go right for the Packers to have the year they had. but the Vikes are not a complete team, and they're really relying on a RB that has not been consistent. he's been great at times, but he has a history of injuries and he has disappeared for games. I could really see the Vikings getting worse before they get better.

as far as the Packers. yeah, they backed into some wins last year...and they made it as far as they should have. with a good off-season, they could do great things in 2008. the thing that worries me is their CBs. We've been lucky to have Harris and Woodson stay reletively healthy for the last 2 years....i feel that we're pushing our luck and next year is the year one (or both) of 'em goes down. and then we're f'd in the a. we saw what happened against Dallas when we relied on backups. It's not pretty. so, depth is needed. IF they stay healthy, and IF Favre has a year similar to last year, and IF Ryan Grant wasn't an 8 game fluke, good things can happen. They're strong up front, and there is a lot of young promise elsewhere. But, with one or less year of proven experience from a good part of their roster, staying the course could be difficult. But, everybody is right; that much young talent COULD also mean an improved 2008 team. and when a team that was this close // from the superbowl is improving, there is plenty of reason for optimism.

Oh, and.....THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

Last edited by drowe : 02-08-2008 at 10:25 AM.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote