Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa bay winning the division makes me eat a big bowl of crow.

Carr sucking as bad as a lot of people predicted gives me a second course. I didn't say he'd be good, I just said he'd be serviceable as a back up. I was wrong.

Peppers making the probowl.

Saying McNabb would be back to full force.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss certainly didn't bring his troubled past to New England. At least I'm not the only one who thought he would.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone owned up to their "Giants will have a top 5 pick" talk yet? This is not gloating, I'm just curious because I just remembered it.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Bigbadbob72
Rookie

Bigbadbob72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

pretty much everything this year except the fact that Matt Leinart would suck and the saints would be average at best. Everything else was wrong so I had a pretty terrible year.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
angelsdontkill

I thought David Carr would be good this year when given the chance.

Boy was I wrong. He is one of the worst quarterbacks I have ever seen play the game.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought both the Bills and Giants would be terrible this year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:32 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I had the Giants, Packers, Bucs, and Browns picking in the top ten.

I had the Colts winning 9-10 games, with the Jags winning the AFC South.

Broncos and Saints.....who knew?

As a side note, I love seeing threads like this. So often we see people stating their own opinions and predictions as fact, and it just cracks me up seeing how wildly inaccurate they usually are.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Randy Moss wasnt worth a 4th rounder...boy was i wrong! ;)
Old 02-05-2008, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could not believe the Giants would stand a chance in the bowl.

well...

yummie.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Eli not being a great QB
-bears beating the SuperBowl loss

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Has anyone owned up to their "Giants will have a top 5 pick" talk yet? This is not gloating, I'm just curious because I just remembered it.
i'll admit it i though they were gonna be terrible. i though jacobs couldnt get even close to filling the void that tiki left. i though they had lost just too much to be that competitive. i was wrong, although i still dont believe eli is that great yet. he played hot in the playoffs but i question that he is now a great qb.

also i thought the browns were still gonna be the browns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default mmm crow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Tampa bay winning the division makes me eat a big bowl of crow.

Carr sucking as bad as a lot of people predicted gives me a second course. I didn't say he'd be good, I just said he'd be serviceable as a back up. I was wrong.

Peppers making the probowl.

Saying McNabb would be back to full force.
Mind if I eat out of the same bowl of crow as you? I too thought Tampa would be horrible this past year, in the bottom 5 teams in the entire league. It looks like Garcia might buy them the couple of years they need until their youth movement gets their footing under them. I still think they will be terrible next year tho, I'll keep banging my head against that wall until it breaks one day. lol....

And I don't think anyone thought the Bengals would be that bad....I thought they would end up possibly knocking off one of the top two seeds in the AFC. Yikes...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A good portion of this board needs to own up to their prediction of the Ravens winning their division, same goes for the Broncos.

I'll own up to my thinking that the Titans and Browns would not do anything this year, both were in the playoff picture till the end.

Also, I just want to say thank god all the Raider fans that clamored for David Carr and for us to draft C "Jesus" did not get their wish, because we'd be picking #1 if that happend.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I was very high on Tiki Barber and what he meant to the team, and didn't understand how suddenly they would just improve without him.

I was also high-fiving every Cowboy fan when we got the Browns pick, because we were talking about a top 10 pick at worst...

I thought the Packers were weak at every position on the field, and while I still do, they clearly didn't play like it.

I thought the annual late-season meltdown by the Cowboys was over after last year's snap debacle.

I'm sure there's more, but those immediately come to mind.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about we all make fun of Ewing?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...highlight=joke
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe I said the Giants would be in last place in the division and had little shot of making the playoffs...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JP Losman
Panthers
David Carr
Wimbley (thought he'd enter Ware/Merriman territory)
Ravens
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said the Giants would go 4-12

but then I manned up and said they would win the NFC before the playoffs started!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I obviously thought the eagles were a playoff team. Wrong there.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the Giants would be worse than they were last year when they had Tiki and a supposedly better LB unit. Turns out they were the best team in the league.

But everyone better be eating crow about the Browns, especially a couple of those cowboy fans who were trash-talking us all summer about "thanks for the top 5 pick." Turns out is was a 22overall for a 22overall.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homer picks

Bernard Pollard would have a break out year.

Surtain would play at a pro bowl level.

Huard would keep up his play from last season.

Non Homer picks

The G-Men would fall a part late in the season.

Dallas would make it to the SB.

The Cards would make the playoffs.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wrong about the Titans. I thought they'd easily be at the bottom of the division and fighting for the top pick in the draft.

I thought JP Losman would direct Steve Fairchild's offense to a top 10 ranking. I was expecting a huge breakout, as the development of Losman (which never happened), coupled with Lee Evans, Marshawn Lynch, and a top LT in Jason Peters would make this unit very, very good.

I was wrong about David Garrard. When Leftwich was cut right before the start of the season, I was worried that we'd miss the playoffs again, Del Rio would get fired, and the whole thing would get blown up. I never forgave Garrard for his collapse down the stretch at the end of the 2006 season, but it was probably the best thing that could have happened to him. He improved tremendously over the offseason and became the most efficient quarterback in the league.

I thought the Broncos were going to be one of the best teams in the AFC. Unfortunately, one of the worst run defenses I have ever seen negated that.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 02-08-2008 at 07:39 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was right on everything.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Yeah, I said they would have a Top 5 pick. I thought that with Tiki gone, their 2 LT's leaving and Strahan potentially retiring they were going to have a huge letdown. Shows you what I know. :P
Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I thought the Broncos were going to be one of the best teams in the AFC. Unfortunately, one of the worst run defenses I have ever seen negated that.
I was definitely one of those who thought Denver would seize on San Diego's stupid hiring of Norv and take the division. Clearly I had no clue how bad their D could be.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote