Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-04-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Oh, Troy Williamson

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S331768.shtml?cat=1

Essentially, Childress says that Williamson will be back. Thoughts?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boo.

He makes way too much money to suck so bad.

Anyone know the cap-hit for releasing him?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm torn, I'd hate to give up on him and have him actually do something decent somewhere else but at the same time he sure looks like he is never going to get it.

One more year cant hurt though, as long as he isn't holding back Rice and that him being here doesn't stop us getting another WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. I mean drops are something that should be correctable, he just needs to work on it and relax a bit.

Still, I think he is firmly in the Erasmus James category now where you keep him around but expect nothing. If he can get 60 catches, its a complete bonus, if he doesn't, at least you planned for it and got a better option. To be honest I'd really like us to have a long hard look at both Roy Williams and Chad Johnson and see how their availability and cost is, they are legit WRs who can bail out a young QB and if they were opposite of Rice I think we have a really nice thing going. Cost of course being the big question.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you can forget about Roy Williams. Matt Millen may not be the best GM, but even he knows he would be making an Idotic move for the Lions to trade Roy Williams to the Vikings. I like Chad Johnson but im not completely sure Brad Childress would like him. Larry Fitzgerald makes the most sense for the Vikings.

As for williamson the statement in the article is rather vague on the subject. It doesn't quote childress as saying williamson will be wearing a Viking Jersey in the 08 season. It Just says...

Quote:
Childress said Williamson is still under contract and part of their off-season plans.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 02-05-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Childress said Williamson is still under contract and part of their off-season plans.
Their off-season plans could be to try to trade him...

Personnaly, i think Childress is using the media to increase his value if they decide to trade him. If he comes right out and say he will be cut, no one would ever trade for him. I'm still not sure anyone would want him though. No one can deny his speed and that he gets open, but damn, those hands are ugly...
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he stumbles off of a steep cliff.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Troy Williamson play Hot Hands on Little Giants by any chance?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I hope he stumbles off of a steep cliff.
nice...agreed...or maybe tries catching a ball and accidentally falls off

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you can forget about Roy Williams. Matt Millen may not be the best GM, but even he knows he would be making an Idotic move for the Lions to trade Roy Williams to the Vikings. I like Chad Johnson but im not completely sure Brad Childress would like him. Larry Fitzgerald makes the most sense for the Vikings.
Hey I can dream right? I agree though, i only mention Williams because I heard talk of him being a bit disgruntled in Detroit, I haven't heard anything since though, so that may have been purely a rumour. As for Chad, I can't see Brad wanting him, but the talent is undeniable. I'd love Larry also, but I can't see it happening unfortunately. Would just cost too much, he is what we need though.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Childress hinted that he might be back, and I thought it was probably just posturing perhaps setting up for a trade.

Then I read this ridiculous article:
http://www.startribune.com/sports/15704672.html

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Childress hinted that he might be back, and I thought it was probably just posturing perhaps setting up for a trade.

Then I read this ridiculous article:
http://www.startribune.com/sports/15704672.html
what is he supposed to say, that troy couldn't catch a cold if he wanted to?

lord knows troy williamson sucks and has a 99.9 percent chance of keeping the title as a bust. he's had plenty of opportunities to prove himself and has subsequently embarrassed himself each time.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I thought Williamson was going to be making a hell of a lot more than $435,000, but seeing that it isn't wasting too much money I don't have a problem with giving him one more shot. I just won't be expecting anything good so hopefully he will surprise.

I feel bad for the guy becuase by all reports he has one of the best work ethics on the team but for some reason he just doesn't seem to get it game day.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

sure you can feel bad for him all you want, but when it comes down to it he can't catch the damn ball. I know I can't play pro sports, but you wouldn't feel bad for me if I was on the team and got cut for being horrible. it is life, and it is a part of the game and his job.

bringing in a guy like Fitz would be amazing for this team. honestly, that would do us wonders. a guy like CJ would obviously boost our talent pool, but I don't know if there are enough older leaders around to keep him in line and low profile - something he has never been. I love me some ocho cinco once the pads are on, but I just dont know if he is worth all the baggage sometimes

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

No I feel bad for him becuase he works his ass off and it's seemingly all for nothing(according to what I have read). I won't feel bad if he gets cut.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
No I feel bad for him becuase he works his ass off and it's seemingly all for nothing(according to what I have read). I won't feel bad if he gets cut.
yeah, but if he just doesn't have the talent, he just doesn't have it. its not like he hasn't known since he got in the league

Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

If Williamson played for free, the Vikings would still be getting ripped off. Before a wide receiver should be able to make a cent in the NFL, he should be able to catch a ball.

Williamson doesn't have a case of the drops, he literally can't catch. You don't drop as many wide open passes as Troy does simply with a case of the drops. He lacks hand-eye coordination and body control.

Anybody who wants to give him another chance just because he is making a relatively small amount of money is foolish, IMO. Keeping him on the roster, money or no money, is a huge risk. What if the teams had lost in week 17 that would have enabled us to make the playoffs... and Troy drops a completely wide open bomb for what would have been a sure-thing TD. He could have cost us a playoff spot.

Williamson deserves a 4th year for the Vikings about as much as Ted Kaczynski deserves the right to use the USPS.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Williamson played for free, the Vikings would still be getting ripped off.
Wow. This needs to be a sig quote.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I didn't say I wanted him back I said I wouldn't mind it. I would rather have him gone, but if for some reason Childress decides to keep him I really wouldn't care anymore considering he isn't making millions of dollars we could put into a top F/A. Just to emphasize how little he is getting, Ferguson last year(after coming of sub par/injury riddled seasons) got signed to a deal bigger($700,000) than what williamson is scheduled to make.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

Quote:
If Williamson played for free, the Vikings would still be getting ripped off. Before a wide receiver should be able to make a cent in the NFL, he should be able to catch a ball.

Williamson doesn't have a case of the drops, he literally can't catch. You don't drop as many wide open passes as Troy does simply with a case of the drops. He lacks hand-eye coordination and body control.

Anybody who wants to give him another chance just because he is making a relatively small amount of money is foolish, IMO. Keeping him on the roster, money or no money, is a huge risk. What if the teams had lost in week 17 that would have enabled us to make the playoffs... and Troy drops a completely wide open bomb for what would have been a sure-thing TD. He could have cost us a playoff spot.

Williamson deserves a 4th year for the Vikings about as much as Ted Kaczynski deserves the right to use the USPS.
well actually, troy didn't lose us the season in week 17 because the skins won, which knocked us out. otherwise, I agree with you on the rest

Old 02-21-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by giver17 View Post
well actually, troy didn't lose us the season in week 17 because the skins won, which knocked us out. otherwise, I agree with you on the rest
That's why I said "What if the teams had lost in week 17 that would have enabled us to make the playoffs..."

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That he hasn't had the same receivers coach for two consecutive years is startling. Still, he's had three years to show if he's worth keeping. Sidney Rice looks to be a very good pick for the Vikes.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Rotoworld

The Vikings will meet with the agent for Troy Williamson this weekend.

Williamson, coming off a career worst season, will likely be cut this summer.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

Quote:
That's why I said "What if the teams had lost in week 17 that would have enabled us to make the playoffs..."
yeah well you can 'what if' about anything, but it doesn't mean it happened. now had he dropped that pass, and as a result we missed the playoffs that is one thing, but to rest our lack of a playoff birth squarely on his shoulders though is overboard.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
NFLCommander
Rookie

NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.NFLCommander hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, there isn't much at the WR position on the Vikes so I could see keeping him as an option, but he shouldn't be moved past either slot or the #3 or #4 WR spots on the depth chart. I could see hi being cut because he isn't worth the contract he has and the more cap space the better this day-in-age in the NFL. I'm not afraid to say I had really high hopes for this kid when we drafted him.
NFLCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I read somewhere that the Jaguars are interested in Williamson...I hope they would wait for him to be released but what is his current trade value?
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote