Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.
Default Gregg Williams hired as Jags DC...

it's being reported by numerous sources...but Jagnation.com just broke the info...

Great hire...maybe our defensive will become more aggressive now!
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great hire he will be a head coach in the years to come...I dont know if i can picture him staying long... Any contract details?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

no details as of yet...but if they come available I'll be sure to post them...

I agree that he might not be around very long but for the time he is here he'll make our defense that much better...more aggressive...
Old 02-05-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Great Hire...That D has alot of talant Gregg will put the in the right place..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good hire for Jacksonville indeed.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I don't know if this will be such a great fit. From what I hear, Del Rio likes control of the D and Williams likes to control everything himself. Might be a clash of power.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

that is a misconception...JDR is a great defensive mind but Mike Smith had a majority of the power when he was with the Jags...I have no reason to believe it will be any different...
Old 02-05-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Great hire if not only from a chemistry standpoint. Everywhere Greg Williams goes, his players seem to love him. He gets the most out of his talent and should help make that defense even more intimidating.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
I don't know if this will be such a great fit. From what I hear, Del Rio likes control of the D and Williams likes to control everything himself. Might be a clash of power.
The more accurate description would be that Del Rio and Mike Smith were co-defensive coordinators, with Smith having about 70% of the power. Del Rio, however, did have input--- mostly on the gameplan, but he helped with the playcalling a bit as well.

Mike Smith, however, wasn't an assistant head coach. I think that when Gregg was given that title, Jack was making the concession that, while he'd help with the gameplan some, the playcalling is Gregg's to make.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
no details as of yet...but if they come available I'll be sure to post them...

I agree that he might not be around very long but for the time he is here he'll make our defense that much better...more aggressive...
Your gonna be running alot of cover 2 and cover 3
Old 02-05-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great hire. I was hoping the Saints would go after him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Your gonna be running alot of cover 2 and cover 3
we were already running the cover two...so it's not that drastic of change...

I think one of his first moves might be to move Reggie Nelson to the corner position...and Brian Williams to safety...but that's just me...
Old 02-05-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice hire. He should do wonders for you guys and I hope he doesnt move Nelson to corner
Old 02-05-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Very nice hire. He should do wonders for you guys and I hope he doesnt move Nelson to corner
Nelson would be a better cover corner than Brian Williams and Williams would be a better run support safety than Nelson...it's all a matter of what type of personnel Williams wants to implore...
Old 02-05-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
The more accurate description would be that Del Rio and Mike Smith were co-defensive coordinators, with Smith having about 70% of the power. Del Rio, however, did have input--- mostly on the gameplan, but he helped with the playcalling a bit as well.

Mike Smith, however, wasn't an assistant head coach. I think that when Gregg was given that title, Jack was making the concession that, while he'd help with the gameplan some, the playcalling is Gregg's to make.
You make a good point about the assistant head coach title. I guess it's fair to assume that Williams will be calling the plays but with Del Rio's defensive mindset it's hard to believe he won't want to.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

ultimately Del Rio has the final say so but I believe he will let Williams run the defense seeing how Williams is the most accomplished coach he's ever had on staff...
Old 02-05-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice pick up.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations Jaguars fans. You've hired an excellent defensive coordinator.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Thank you. I payed for his flight over ;)

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/

Washington Times has said it's not a done deal yet, and he could look to see if NY opens up.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/

Washington Times has said it's not a done deal yet, and he could look to see if NY opens up.
Look below it. They edited it to say that it had been confirmed that he was signed.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good hire, that defense will be solid

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Del Rio is a pretty aggressive guy in my opinion, at least he was in Carolina where they had a huge amount of sacks without any really stellar players other than Fields.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

yea, Del Rio is an aggressive coach who likes aggressive players...I tend to think he's more aggressive on offense...with that said, I do think we will see some more aggressive players added to the roster in the offseason...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I dont know about all that