Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.
Default What playoff teams this year miss them next?

I figure it is never to early to look ahead to next season, so what playoff teams from this year will miss them next year?

AFC
New England Patriots- No one in that division can beat them, they're in
Indianapolis Colts- They had better watch out for the Jags, but worst case scenario is a wild card berth
Jacksonville Jaguars- Headed in the right direction, far from a sure thing though, I'm guessing they're in though
Tennessee Titans- Extremely difficult for one division to get three teams, it won't happen again
San Diego Chargers- Only the Broncos can challenge them, but they will make it
Pittsburgh Steelers- Well I don't think 5 of the same 6 teams will make it, so sorry Steelers but you're out

NFC
Dallas Cowboys- They should at least be a wild card
New York Giants- I doubted them this year. They are still far from a sure thing, but I think they'll make it
Washington Redskins- New coaching staff and a learning QB means they stay home next year
Green Bay Packers- Really depends on Favre coming back, but I think they make it
Tampa Bay Buccaneers- They played well beyond expectations, I don't think they make it
Seattle Seahawks- I don't like em, but for the last three years we have heard why the Cards, Rams, and Niners would beat them and it hasn't happened. They could certainly miss because they are not a powerhouse, but until it happens just assume the Seahawks win this division

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though free agency and the draft hasn't happened yet, if I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd put my money on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers not making the playoffs.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill take a shot in the dark with you... Ill go with Bucs and Titans.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Pittsburgh won't.

They're looking to start a youth movement and start playing younger players.

I expect us to be 6-10 to 10-6 next year. We might make it as the 6th seed at best.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee; somehow they made it this year, but next year no luck

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFC South is a crapshoot and I think anyone except the Falcons has a legit chance.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to dogpile on Tampa Bay but they do stick out on that list
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

doubt the skins will be back

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The skins probly wont be back
Old 02-05-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Tennessee has the most cap space in the NFL. We're only gonna get better. Free Agency, the draft, new and improved offensive coordinator. I'm not saying their a lock but they have a good chance, at least a lot better of a chance then they'll get crdit for.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
San Diego Chargers- Only the Broncos can challenge them, but they will make it
Not really.The AFC West is pretty much up for grabs this year.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England will be back cuz no one in their division can challenge them.
Indianapolis will be back, but I think as a 5 seed as I believe Jacksonville will win the division.
San Diego will be back because no one else their division impresses me much.
Pittsburgh will not be back, Cleveland will win the AFC North.
Jacksonville will win the AFC South.
Tennessee will miss the playoffs, Buffalo will take their place.

Departures: Pittsburgh and Tennessee
Arrivals: Cleveland and Buffalo

Cowboys: I worry that they'll have a hangover, and look out for the Eagles and Vikings in wild card. And I think the Giants will win the NFC east. So I am gonna say bye-bye Cowboys, hello Vikings.
Packers: Brett Favre looks like he is coming back, so the Pack will be back.
Seahawks: they are a default playoff team, their division sucks. I think they'll go 8-8, but beat an 8-8 Cardinal team twice, 49ers will go 6-10, and the Rams are gonna go 1-15 CUZ THEY SUCK!
Buccaneers: The NFC south is always all over the place, and this season is no different, Bucs out, Panthers in.
Giants: They are gonna win the NFC East.
Redskins: I think they are gone. Gibbs gone, a very good OC gone, and imo the best DC gone, well maybe the best up until Sunday. Who will take their place? I think its between Philly, Dallas, and Chicago. I've already said good bye Dallas. And I have 2 NFC North teams in, so I will go with Philadelphia.

Departures: Dallas, Tampa Bay, Washington
Arrivals: Carolina, Minnesota, Philadelphia
Old 02-06-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I dont see Tampa going....

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I dont see Tampa going....
I may say the Saints will be back cuz ur sig gives me the urge to jackoff.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be tough for the Bucs to come back. I really see their offense taking a big hit. Age is catching up to them. Their draft picks from the last two years will really have to take that next step for them to make the playoffs.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to really predict many of the playoff teams who fall off. Traditionally, there are 5 or 6 who do not return each year.

2007 teams: Pats, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, Chargers, Packers, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Titans, Redskins, Steelers, Jaguars.

Predictions on who doesn't go back:

Redskins, Jaguars, Cowboys, Titans, and Buccaneers.

The Cowboys are a reach, but there could be discord with the loss of coaches and things of that nature. I feel like the other teams I have listed have too many questions and not enough actual talent to make it back.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the Cowboys. I think there will definitely be fall off. But they were so talented this year, that I don't think the fall off is enough to knock them out of the playoffs.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like they didn't have many big injuries, and everything seemed to break for them early on. They're losing some talent on the coaching staff, and they still don't have a compliment for Ware as a pass rusher. The issues with the safety position remain, and I feel like there will be a loss of chemistry. I could easily be wrong, but I'm putting it out there as a possibility.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I feel like they didn't have many big injuries, and everything seemed to break for them early on. They're losing some talent on the coaching staff, and they still don't have a compliment for Ware as a pass rusher. The issues with the safety position remain, and I feel like there will be a loss of chemistry. I could easily be wrong, but I'm putting it out there as a possibility.
I've been pretty vocal with how I feel about it. The more removed they are from Parcells' time there and the move Wade-inized (like how I made that word up) they become, the better in my opinion. Especially if Jones takes over a bigger role in GM and personel decisions. However the talent is still there so I don't see a huge drop off. But I'm fully expecting a slow decline from here out.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Saints will win the division next year, but we'll make a wild card. Anyone who says Tampa Bay overachieved this year clearly underestimates our talent level, injuries and just plain hasn't seen us play. We should've been at least 10-6.

We have a few players getting up there in age, but the majority of our team is young and developing. The only thing that can keep us away from the playoffs is more bad playcalling from Gruden and injuries to Garcia and Graham, specifically Graham. Our offensive line will be among the league's best next year. Wade is the only weak link. Our receivers can't get any worse/more injured. Our defensive line had 3 first-year starters last year. Our linebackers will always be a strength. Corner is probably our position that will suffer the most over a year, but luckily we run a Tampa 2 where age isn't a big deal, and we have one of the top safety tandems in the league. Add in a great overall ST unit and you have a solid wild card/division contender in a weak conference.

I think the Pats and the Giants will be the biggest disappointments next year in the NFC, and I'd even go as far as saying the Giants won't make the playoffs. Just a feeling. In the AFC, Tennessee will finally blow like they should. VY will officially be a bust. NE, SD, IND, JAX & PIT are pretty familar playoff faces and that won't change. AFC regular season=boring for that reason.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Nothing is guaranteed in that division. The Giants appear energized, especially if they keep Spags. The Eagles could easily rebound with a few acquisitions and a nice draft. The Redskins could reload and take some games. To top it off, Dallas has to play a first place schedule, which is not the easiest situation.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

The one thing that I'm very optimistic about with the Giants is that we are the 3rd youngest team in football I believe. That and our entire draft class contributed this year and contributed well. I'm excited about their progression.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

With the exception of Strahan and Madison, the defense is relatively young. Pierce is starting to get older, but he's still effective. The Giants need help at safety and CB depth. They also need to get younger at OT. Other than that, there's not much to dislike.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
KRS1
Rookie

KRS1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

HAHAHAHA... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Did that guy say the AFC West was pretty much "up for grabs this year"?

DUDE, what planet are you from? The Chargers have probably the best mix of talent and youth in the league. Oh and $30 million under the cap. Remember that team that went to the AFC championship game? Denver is the only team in the Division that has a chance at the Chargers and that is still very slight. I know being a Raider fan must really freaking suck balls and I totally understand I do (I'd probably take a bath with my plugged in toaster if I was a Raider fan) but how can you even have the guts to say something like that on a football website?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I think the Saints will win the division next year, but we'll make a wild card. Anyone who says Tampa Bay overachieved this year clearly underestimates our talent level, injuries and just plain hasn't seen us play. We should've been at least 10-6.

We have a few players getting up there in age, but the majority of our team is young and developing. The only thing that can keep us away from the playoffs is more bad playcalling from Gruden and injuries to Garcia and Graham, specifically Graham. Our offensive line will be among the league's best next year. Wade is the only weak link. Our receivers can't get any worse/more injured. Our defensive line had 3 first-year starters last year. Our linebackers will always be a strength. Corner is probably our position that will suffer the most over a year, but luckily we run a Tampa 2 where age isn't a big deal, and we have one of the top safety tandems in the league. Add in a great overall ST unit and you have a solid wild card/division contender in a weak conference.

I think the Pats and the Giants will be the biggest disappointments next year in the NFC, and I'd even go as far as saying the Giants won't make the playoffs. Just a feeling. In the AFC, Tennessee will finally blow like they should. VY will officially be a bust. NE, SD, IND, JAX & PIT are pretty familar playoff faces and that won't change. AFC regular season=boring for that reason.
A few things, you can pick the Giants as a dissapointment if you want, but I cant see the Pats dissapointing next year. Obviously 16-0 would be hard to match, but I can't see any situation they don't win the division.

Also I think you are overrating the Bucs offensive line a whole lot. Although the D-line looks strong if Adams continues to get better. I'm very impressed with Haye. And I'm not sure if LBers will always be a strength. That is a position within the Tampa 2 where age can catch up to you. I wonder how much Brooks has left in him.