Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You can take Sapp off the list....

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Money would be one reason..He took a cut to get out of Oakland. This could be his last big contract. If someone gives him a long term big money deal than he could go somewhere else. I would not take the chance I would TAG him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Money would be one reason..He took a cut to get out of Oakland. This could be his last big contract. If someone gives him a long term big money deal than he could go somewhere else. I would not take the chance I would TAG him.
I agree this could be his last big deal .....Dont take a chance Tag him..Who else are you going to tag anyway?

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I may be wrong on this, but I have a feeling that when a player becomes a free agent by voiding his contract, rather than just reaching the end of the deal, he cannot be franchise tagged. I seem to remember that being the case with Kerney last year.

If that is right, then Asomugha cannot be tagged.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I don't think Berrian is going to get tagged...I really think he wants out of Chicago...
like BF51 said, that has nothing to do with it...look at Briggs last year...plus, Berrian has never said anything to make anyone think he wants out of Chicago, he's an up and coming WR who is our main target, and he's a FA so he will prolly be looking to get an improved contract from his previous, which is prolly crap compared to what he can get now, but in no way is him looking for a better contract a sign of him wanting out of Chicago

question tho: how many franchise tags are teams allowed?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
like BF51 said, that has nothing to do with it...look at Briggs last year...plus, Berrian has never said anything to make anyone think he wants out of Chicago, he's an up and coming WR who is our main target, and he's a FA so he will prolly be looking to get an improved contract from his previous, which is prolly crap compared to what he can get now, but in no way is him looking for a better contract a sign of him wanting out of Chicago

question tho: how many franchise tags are teams allowed?
A club can designate one franchise player or one transition player in any given year.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-07-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
I may be wrong on this, but I have a feeling that when a player becomes a free agent by voiding his contract, rather than just reaching the end of the deal, he cannot be franchise tagged. I seem to remember that being the case with Kerney last year.

If that is right, then Asomugha cannot be tagged.
Actually, Kerney and his agent(s) purposefully exercised his void option after the franchise tag deadline, so that he could reach the free agent market.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

I was looking it up could not find the awnser leave it to GEO he knows all

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-07-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eagles place franchise tag on L.J. Smith

Quote:
The Philadephia Eagles have placed their franchise tag on tight end L.J. Smith, NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting.

NFL teams were able to begin placing franchise tags on players on Thursday, and have until Feb. 21 to do it. The franchise tag for tight ends is $4.522 million.
Full story: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this doesnt make too much sense to me

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
rightfully so. If he did move teams it would be a shocker.

Number 1! Number 1! Number 1!
Go Dewayne!!
Heh, I remember doing a Jets franchise in Madden 07 PC and almost fell off my chair looking at his contract :P I play with restricted cap rules too so it was a challenge dealing with Dewayne.

Last edited by OzTitan : 02-07-2008 at 09:05 PM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one wants a franchise tag from the Rams cuz they don't wanna be associated that way with the Rams.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Actually, Kerney and his agent(s) purposefully exercised his void option after the franchise tag deadline, so that he could reach the free agent market.
Is the date a contract can be voided typically standard or contract specific?

Either way is somewhat interesting - if it's the former and it's standard, why would a player ever exercise it before the franchise tag deadline has passed? And if it isn't standard but rather contract specific, then the Falcons screwed up pretty badly by making it possible for him to void his deal after the tag deadline has passed.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
LJ Smith is a good player but I don't know about tag good.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm absolutely shocked the Eagles tagged Smith. That seems to be very unlike them. Although the tag number for TEs isn't all that large.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Report: Ravens to franchise tag Terrell Suggs

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Ravens will place the franchise tag on prospective free agent DE Terrell Suggs.

Schefter also says that Nnamdi Asomugha will get the tag from the Raiders, which is hardly a surprise. Others who could be franchise tendered as early as today: Chiefs DE Jared Allen, Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby, and Titans DT Albert Haynesworth. Other possibilities closer to the Feb. 21 deadline: Randy Moss, Dallas Clark, Jordan Gross, and Bernard Berrian. Feb. 7 - 8:44 am et

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
No one wants a franchise tag from the Rams cuz they don't wanna be associated that way with the Rams.
well obviously, the Rams, and St. Louis as a whole, suck...I would rather kill myself than be a fan of St. Louis
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:21 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

good to see Archuleta is the highest paid safety, i think i wanna barf right now. and seeing mike brown at #10 makes me sad as well. y can't archuleta be the 1 on IR every year
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm absolutely shocked the Eagles tagged Smith. That seems to be very unlike them. Although the tag number for TEs isn't all that large.
Same here I just cant think why

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-08-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
Same here I just cant think why
The TE tag isn't really that much, and just as a guess based on the past few years, the Eagles are in healthy cap shape, so maybe they felt the cap hit the tag induces is well worth the possibility of landing a draft pick for him in a trade. After all, TE in the draft looks pretty weak. It would seem unlikely a team looking for a TE early could do better than Smith, so the Eagles may have suitors for 2nd/3rd round choices.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
The TE tag isn't really that much, and just as a guess based on the past few years, the Eagles are in healthy cap shape, so maybe they felt the cap hit the tag induces is well worth the possibility of landing a draft pick for him in a trade. After all, TE in the draft looks pretty weak. It would seem unlikely a team looking for a TE early could do better than Smith, so the Eagles may have suitors for 2nd/3rd round choices.
I'm just shocked because everything I heard from fans other places is that the Eagles are happy to part way with Smith. They are fed up with his inconsistent play and most like the potential of Celek.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I agree. I also think they dont know just yet what they want to do with LJ and this gives them more time to make up their minds.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-08-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow.
marvin harrison makes more than manning.

full of shocks!

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind these are just one-year salaries guys. Some players will make 10 mil in one year and 2 mil the next, it's all how they are structured.

Anyway...it looks like the Bears won't franchise Berrian, so there should be some hefty competition for him should he hit the market.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards likely to tag Dansby. http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/108514
With he and Suggs most likely being tagged, who are the top LBs on the market? Briggs is all I can think of at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote