Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Cards likely to tag Dansby. http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/108514
With he and Suggs most likely being tagged, who are the top LBs on the market? Briggs is all I can think of at the moment
Lance Briggs, UFA, Chicago Bears

Tedy Bruschi, UFA, New England Patriots

Karlos Dansby, UFA, Arizona Cardinals

Demorrio Williams, UFA, Atlanta Falcons

Boss Bailey, UFA, Detroit Lions

Danny Clark UFA Houston Texans

Kawika Mitchell UFA New York Giants

Mark Simoneau UFA New Orleans Saints

Jordan Beck RFA Atlanta Falcons
Kevin Bentley UFA Seattle Seahawks
Darryl Blackstock RFA Arizona Cardinals
Brandon Chillar UFA St. Louis Rams
Na'il Diggs UFA Carolina Panthers
Landon Johnson UFA Cincinnati Bengals
Teddy Lehman UFA Detroit Lions
Lemar Marshall UFA Washington Redskins
Sam Williams UFA Oakland Raiders

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least one of the Bay area teams will be a strong suitor for Berrian.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen will be TAGGED no doubt about that!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
wow.
marvin harrison makes more than manning.

full of shocks!

He doesn't, he just counted more toward the 07 cap than Peyton did, because the Colts continuously restructure Peyton's deal to help their immediate cap situation.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
needled24_7
Rookie

needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.

god i hope we keep trufant he's such a g
Old 02-10-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Saintsfan
+rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin Lewis says the Bengals will use their franchise tag... I'm hoping it's on Stacy Andrews and not Justin Smith.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strange that Lewis wouldn't say who it was, but definitely hope they keep Andrews instead (and it should be cheaper). As I've said, for all of the defensive struggles of the Bengals, I think them wanting to protect and support their prime investment in Palmer is key for them.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Marvin Lewis says the Bengals will use their franchise tag... I'm hoping it's on Stacy Andrews and not Justin Smith.
Stacy Andrews is a sexy name, it's too bad he's a 300 pound man.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed Geo... He said both lines were the main priority this offseason. Smith is merely above average, nothing more and nothing less. Andrews is still very young (25 maybe?) and very talented. I'm assuming he'd get tagged at guard.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

While I'm not Smith's biggest fan in the least, I do think he could be more successful at LDE instead of RDE. I think he could fare better and be more effective at that position instead, if his next team will move him there. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

It would be pretty unethical but I wonder if the Chargers would consider tagging Michael Turner. I wouldn't advocate it since he played all out for the Chargers but I can see the upside to it. They could get some value for him instead of getting nothing except a potential 3rd in comp next year. They would also be able to decide where he goes and keep him away from a division rival.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I wouldn't say it's unethical at all. Turner would be handsomely paid a guaranteed $6.538M once he signs his name to a franchise tag offer from the Chargers, if they went that route.

Although I'm not sure that's the best option for the Chargers. This year's RB class is so deep with many talented juniors, and the Draft class as a whole is very deep, that I'm not sure anyone would be willing to trade an early pick for Turner. Ex. If I were to put myself in that situation, I could use that same pick for a runningback who is younger and will be signed to a much cheaper four-year rookie contract.

I've thought about this some myself, that Turner hasn't really shown a great deal with his time in the Chargers behind the machine that is LDT. He's made some big plays, a handful of great runs. But he's also played with some (very) good run-blocking lines, and seen some PT late in the season and/or games. Not just if he can carry the full load of a season as the starting back (LaMont Jordan comes to mind), but I wonder if teams know how well he can pass protect for instance.

I do expect some teams will covet Burner in free agency though, he looks to be a good back. Even though he's not as young as a rookie, he hasn't had too much of a workload the last few years, so I would expect he's got a number of good years left in him and his legs.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just read that Panthers tackle Jordan Gross is going to get tagged

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
I just read that Panthers tackle Jordan Gross is going to get tagged
I saw that one coming

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Agreed Geo... He said both lines were the main priority this offseason. Smith is merely above average, nothing more and nothing less. Andrews is still very young (25 maybe?) and very talented. I'm assuming he'd get tagged at guard.
The franchise tag for all OL is the same. Guard, tackle, center, it isn't any different.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any day now Jared allen ill be tagged!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Any day now Jared allen ill be tagged!
Yea he is a lock on being tagged..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Cardinals have applied the tag to linebacker Karlos Dansby.

The move requires the Cardinals to tender to Dansby a one-year contract worth $8.065 million. If he signs the tender, the payment becomes fully guaranteed.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Cardinals have applied the tag to linebacker Karlos Dansby.

The move requires the Cardinals to tender to Dansby a one-year contract worth $8.065 million. If he signs the tender, the payment becomes fully guaranteed.
I knew that would happen but I did really want him to come to the Saints

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-15-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

As expected, the Tennessee Titans will apply the franchise tag to defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth if a new long-term deal isn't worked out before next Thursday's deadline for using the tool for restricting otherwise unrestricted free agents.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-15-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Stacy Andrews is a sexy name, it's too bad he's a 300 pound man.
Maybe in high school. He's pushing 350 right now.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Maybe in high school. He's pushing 350 right now.
I agree its hard to call a 350 pound anything sexy

Sick sig by Jackalope

Old 02-16-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IF the CBA is gone next year do Franchise Tags go as well?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

BENGALS TAG ANDREWS

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6645

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT