Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.
Default TV Commentator Rankings

Dr. Z provides a 4 page review. Enjoy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

Discuss.

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I speak for all Giants fans when I say I hate Joe Buck.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I speak for all Giants fans when I say I hate Joe Buck.
I hate joe buck, becuase when the Mets played the Cardinals Joe didnt call it straight... may or may not have to do with the fact Joe called games for the Cards for years... I'm willing to bet, a good margin, that it did.

sig by bosanac01
Old 02-07-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
I hate joe buck, becuase when the Mets played the Cardinals Joe didnt call it straight... may or may not have to do with the fact Joe called games for the Cards for years... I'm willing to bet, a good margin, that it did.
he hates NY in general, and always takes shots at the NY teams. For football, he particularly hates Eli Manning, and takes subtle shots at him any chance he gets. It was sweet watching him have to eat his mic for every Eli Manning playoff game this year.

For Fox's lead commentator, thats not acceptable. His bias is a joke. Aikman, i have no problem with him, but can't stand Buck.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
he hates NY in general, and always takes shots at the NY teams. For football, he particularly hates Eli Manning, and takes subtle shots at him any chance he gets. It was sweet watching him have to eat his mic for every Eli Manning playoff game this year.

For Fox's lead commentator, thats not acceptable. His bias is a joke. Aikman, i have no problem with him, but can't stand Buck.
Yeah I hear that.. Hopefully the Mets can get it rolling with Johan and run through Buck and his mic straight to the world series..

sig by bosanac01
Old 02-07-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put Jesse Palmer as the #1 color commentator.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
Yeah I hear that.. Hopefully the Mets can get it rolling with Johan and run through Buck and his mic straight to the world series..
he looks like a jerk too doesn't he? someone should kidnap him and drop him off at Fordham in the Bronx, and just videotape him get pummeled.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL network commentators have 3 stars is this a joke?????? NFL Network showing games in general is pretty awful. Maybe some of you think their commentators are ok but I think they all stink. Having Bryant Gumbel and Cris Collinsworth I would give them a 1/2 star at the most and thats being generous.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any list that has Sam Rosen as a 4 star should be thrown out the window. In 2005 when the Packers were 4-12 we got stuck with him and Bill Maas for a lot of games and it was the worst commentary I have ever heard. Tim Ryan is a bit of an upgrade, but they are still one of the worst duos in the business.

Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon are by far my favorite broadcast team.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

i do agree with the guy though. Linemen make the best commentators because they actually break down the game. Most commentators just suck off the stars and don't offer any insight. I want insight. Linemen tend to be the guys that offer something about the game itself.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
i do agree with the guy though. Linemen make the best commentators because they actually break down the game. Most commentators just suck off the stars and don't offer any insight. I want insight. Linemen tend to be the guys that offer something about the game itself.
I agree with that too but i think it also has alot to do with ego. Guys like Sanders and such seem to me like guys who don't see the point in talking about the line or providing high quality effort. Lineman have for years been used to not being appreciated so to them, it appears to me, they put the game ahead of their own star. I feel it comes across in their voice and how they talk about the game.. which is why i really like Tony B and would very much like to see the games he calls next year.

sig by bosanac01
Old 02-07-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Tony Boselli really came on late as a commentator but he's been really solid since mid season...I could easily see him getting more high profile games next season...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
NFL network commentators have 3 stars is this a joke?????? NFL Network showing games in general is pretty awful. Maybe some of you think their commentators are ok but I think they all stink. Having Bryant Gumbel and Cris Collinsworth I would give them a 1/2 star at the most and thats being generous.
Yes, I would agree I was quite surprised with the 3 stars there although no ones even remotely close to as worse as the MNF squad.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
Tony Boselli really came on late as a commentator but he's been really solid since mid season...I could easily see him getting more high profile games next season...
Yeah that'd be good, I'd like to see that. I live with NY games and Philly games all day long so I dunno If ill see more boselli but anybody else would be great.

sig by bosanac01
Old 02-07-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I want to see Emmit Smith in the booth. Come on, the comedy would be priceless.

I rarely listen to what the commentators say anyway because im so focused on the formations and just studying the game as it goes on. Some comedy to lighten the mood would be nice once in awhile.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

I wouldnt mind seeing emmit do some MNF. Speaking of Monday night, I really wouldnt mind seeing all recent retirees like young smith or tony.. id watch that

sig by bosanac01
Old 02-07-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of like Goose as a sideline commentator I think he is one of the better ones. The crew around him is ok but nothing special.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-07-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bottom 5

Phil Sims

Jim Nants

Joe Buck

Emmit Smith

Chris Collinsworth

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Joe Buck and I always will for 1 reason and 1 reason only......back when Randy did the whole mock moon in GB, Joe Buck acted like it was some huge deal. THE GUY FAKED PULLING HIS PANTS DOWN AND MOONING PEOPLE!!!!!!! **** OFF JOE BUCK!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I hate Joe Buck and I always will for 1 reason and 1 reason only......back when Randy did the whole mock moon in GB, Joe Buck acted like it was some huge deal. THE GUY FAKED PULLING HIS PANTS DOWN AND MOONING PEOPLE!!!!!!! **** OFF JOE BUCK!!
I totally agree....i lost all respect for him at that moment.

Its not like Moss actually mooned the people

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Ha yes it was pretty stupid and im a Packer fan and dont care. Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve8lcE1ugy0

The quality is poor but you can hear Joe Buck saying " and that is a disgusting act by Randy Moss, and its unforunate we had that on our air live, that is disgusting by Randy Moss."

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-07-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 to 1.5 stars for Gus Johnson? **** YOU DR.Z. **** YOU.

Oh, and Tim Ryan is garbage. He is way too high.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I despise that limp-wristed waste of space Joe Buck with a passion. I do.

Almost as much as I hate Greg Gumbel's sister on the NFL Network. Holy crap, she needs to go. Throw her out the window, get Tom Hammond full-time. He's great.

Thinking about it, I can't think of one announcing team I enjoy whole-heartedly. There's isn't one A team out there imo. I guess the closest, off the top of my head, is Stockton and Moose on Fox.

Honest to goodness, if I could have the option of no announcers whatsoever and just listening to the crowd and game, I would jump for joy. This isn't damn radio, it's television, I don't need idiots telling me what I'm seeing and talking when I'm trying to enjoy the game. Really.

Last edited by Geo : 02-07-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Funny, when I rate talking heads....

Dr. Z is a half star.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
QFT. NFL Network have some pretty bad announcers.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote