Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i personally can not stand tony saragusa.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Buck is awful, the only reason he is anywhere was cuz his dad was the best baseball announcer ever. And Bryant Gumbel is awful.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

I dont like Joe Buck cause he thinks hes a celebrity and his biast in baseball.. I dont know whats so horrible about him in football.. perhaps its because i dont see any bias because I'm usually a neutral spectator and not lookin for that... The mooning thing, yeah, he did go crazy whackjob-stupid on that...

just my opinion

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
i personally can not stand tony saragusa.
Same. He makes me wanna watch a different game.

Also hate Buck. The exchanges where he asks Aikman his opinion of something is awful.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Announcing is awful these days. I would make comments about the teams but most of it has been said.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Rosen is the best play by play guy FOX has. I've been saying it forever. He is just the ultimate professional. Too bad he is stuck doing Cardinals @ 49ers or Texans @ St. Louis. I have the pleasure to watch him as he does the NY Rangers and he is so good.

Joe Buck hates NY. Has gotten caught on air, when he thought he was off air, complaining that he had to be in Yankee Stadium yet again doing a FOX baseball game.

And the worst out of everyone is Moose Johnston by far. The most unobjective color guy in the business.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
he looks like a jerk too doesn't he? someone should kidnap him and drop him off at Fordham in the Bronx, and just videotape him get pummeled.
There are a lot of Red Sox fans on the Fordham campus as well. But I'm sure they wouldn't mind seeing Buck get f'ed up either.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, I think the only thing we all can agree on is Joe Buck sucks.

It's funny. All commentators are generally polarizing. I doubt we'll ever agree with anything other than the above statement when it comes to who's the best, or even remotely good.

At least our common hate binds us together. Thank you for sucking, Joe Buck.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Joe Buck sucks and I hate Bryant Gumbel's voice......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and He know nothing about football.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Joe Buck sucks and I hate Bryant Gumbel's voice......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and He know nothing about football.
Gumbel's voice is bad .....I love the mute button learned it from watching old britney spears videos.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gus Johnson owns you. That is all.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

should be #1

edit: what the hell, image tags?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Gus Johnson but he can't be Gus Johnson in Football. There is too much downtime for him to be excited. That is why College Basketball is perfect for him.

Everyone hates Joe Buck, and with good reason. I like almost all radio announcers better than TV announcers.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Sam Rosen is the best play by play guy FOX has. I've been saying it forever. He is just the ultimate professional. Too bad he is stuck doing Cardinals @ 49ers or Texans @ St. Louis. I have the pleasure to watch him as he does the NY Rangers and he is so good.
Hey now, we take offens to that. Although, I do agree Rosen is the best on FOX. Granted who is his competiton.

Joe Buck, if there is one concensus I've seen on this board is that we all hate Joe Buck.

Kenny Albert is boring as hell, they should have Megan Fox announce for them instead for eye candy.

The other dudes are no names.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys complain about Americans broadcasting games... pathetic. I get Mexicans and Panamanians, and when I get a chance at an American, no matter who he is, I take it.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Jesse Palmer, his voice is ridiculously annoying. He sounds like Jeff Garcia.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant stand Bryant Gumbel...he cant even differentiate between teams.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

For some reason I always like the #2 or #3 units for each network more than their #1 teams. Nantz/Simms/Dierdorf/Gumble are all horrible and Joe Buck should stick with baseball.

I don't mind Gannon or Solomon Wilcots that much, and Gus Johnson is the man. I'm sure I'm seen a Boselli game, but I can't recall if he was good or not. I will watch out for him next year.

Dr.Z is just a mouthpiece anyways...I don't pay much attention to what he says.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
should be #1

Awesome idea.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
should be #1

Agreed, truly awesome.

I don't think that i can stand any NFL commentators, especially Buck.

What drives me crazy the most is when they name the wrong player... there is no excuse for that, it's their ****ing job!

I do miss Ronnie Lott as a color commentator, though.... He started every statement with an emphatic "YEAH"....
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I cant stand Bryant Gumbel...he cant even differentiate between teams.
I'm convinced Gumbel has some kind of leverage in the Network, cause there is no sensical reasoning that could have landed him that job..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Dr.Z is just a mouthpiece anyways...I don't pay much attention to what he says.
I was never a fan of his until he picked the Giants to win the Super Bowl and said that Justin Tuck would be the MVP. It always seemed like he would overrate underated guys and vice versa. But since that pick I now think that he might actually now what he's talking about. Regardless what you think of him you have respect that he actually has some original ideas and doesn't just say what everybody else says.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I was never a fan of his until he picked the Giants to win the Super Bowl and said that Justin Tuck would be the MVP. It always seemed like he would overrate underated guys and vice versa. But since that pick I now think that he might actually now what he's talking about. Regardless what you think of him you have respect that he actually has some original ideas and doesn't just say what everybody else says.
Yea I cant knock him for the article, it was well written and he obviously had a good bit of insight of every group up there, and showed some good examples...

I like a few of NFL Networks the best, Deion and Marshall make a good team if they have a good play by play guy because Bryant Gumbell still doesnt know how to make anyone get excited for a game, its very easy to fall asleep in a game with him broadcasting...

But I think the worst by far was the MNF group, he hit the nail on the head when he talked about how they would have guest in and talking about non-sense over the game, and if it was a blowout they would get horribly off topic, mix in Kornheiser and that just was a disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote