Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I'll take Eli. He deserved the SB, playing well throughout the playoffs while Ben did everything he could to lose the SB. Eli was the main staple of the offense, while both Ben and Rivers are caretakers.
Sorry but that "caretaker" or "game manager" argument for Ben is just tired BS. Ben WAS our offense this year. Yeah Parker ran for a lot of yards but his YPC was crap. Ben kept the ball moving down the field and won more than a few games pretty much by himself.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's JP Losman? lol, j/k

1.) Eli Manning
2.) Ben Roethlisberger
3.) Philip Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big ben is the best no doubt. i dont know if any of you guys recall the play when eli escaped that sack and completed that pass. The first thing that popped into my mind was wow, that looked just like Ben Roethlisberger. Ben made plays like that ALL year long behind a horrible pass blocking line. I dont think theres any question about whos the best of the three
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Obviously I'll add more as this debate goes on for the next couple of months.

But I'll say this...Eli at his best is better than Ben at his best. Ben at his worst is worse than Eli at his worse. In terms of consistency I don't think either of them have really gotten to that elite level of showing up every Sunday yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the league. Funny turn around in 5 weeks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.

The homer inside me wants to pick Roethlisberger but the non-homer has to go with Big Ben.
steelersgirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Ben at his worst is worse than Eli at his worse.
I don't know about that. I don't recall Ben throwing 3 TD passes, to another team. I could be wrong though.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I don't know about that. I don't recall Ben throwing 3 TD passes, to another team. I could be wrong though.
So what a defender does with the ball in his hands after an INT is the basis of your opinion?

You'll get far with that one.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-07-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I find it amusing that Eli was being touted as a bust by many on this board and now is considered better than Ben despite throwing for 9 less touchdowns and 9 more INTs this season. His passer rating this season was 73.9 compared to Bens 104.1. Due to Willies low YPC, Ben had to be called on to pick up first downs, which he did on 41.6% of his passes, tops in the league followed by Brady, Romo, Peyton Manning, Garrard. Eli was 31.2% of all throws, behind Griese and in front of Trent Edwards, #28 overall.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
So what a defender does with the ball in his hands after an INT is the basis of your opinion?

Well, I could say 4 INTs, 3 of which were TDs. Certainty not putting your team in a position to win that game.

We can pull up some stats of all their careers. But I know that won't satisfy a lot of people.
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ben is the better tackler... (AFC game vs Indy) sarcasm

Seriously though, I dont like any of 'em, but If I were to rank them it would go

1. Big Ben
2. Eli
3. Rivers
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

I love Eli (See sig) but Big Ben is the best of the 3.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I will. Just wanted to see some of you accuse me of you know what.

Wait until you see my opinion next time.
Quote:
This is going to be fun......
Quote:

I might take your opinion somewhat seriously if you weren't a pompous jackass in your responses.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
steelersgirl5
Veteran

steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.steelersgirl5 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

I am going to have to agree with most people on here that because Eli HELPED the Giants win this Superbowl all you Giant fans are getting a hard on for your boy Eli. He isn't as good as Big Ben. He isn't close to as good as Big Ben. What could you possibly use as argument for that?? Eli has won a Superbowl?? Well Big Ben is the youngest QB to ever win a Superbowl?? Eli was the 5th seed and went on the road during the playoffs to get to the Superbowl?? Check that one off for Ben as well except add a seed. Ben might not have helped win the Superbowl but he didn't lose it and sure as hell was the reason we were there. This argument is getting ridiculous. Its been Big Ben since his rookie season. Get over it. It's not like you have a bad QB, you just don't have one as good as the Steelers. You still have a ring though. So enjoy it.
steelersgirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiinginNJ View Post
yea and a #1 reciever on one leg, no #3 reciever, a #2 who had a case fo the yips, a RB who couldnt stay healthy, a TE that was used only as a decoy, a LT who struggled with allowing sacks and a LG who shouldnt have been a starter.

not to mention that the giants lead the nfl in drops

and thats not even touching the scheme
I would say Steve Smith is a pretty good and more Reliable WR than Nate Washington.

Amani Toomer = Hines Ward
Plax > Holmes at this point.

You want to talk about OL?

Ben was sacked 47 Times on 404 attempts..

Eli was sacked 27 times on 529 attempts.

Ben has been sacked 93 times the past 2 years, Eli? 52.

I don't think OL should go in Bens Favor.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I find it amusing that Eli was being touted as a bust by many on this board and now is considered better than Ben despite throwing for 9 less touchdowns and 9 more INTs this season. His passer rating this season was 73.9 compared to Bens 104.1. Due to Willies low YPC, Ben had to be called on to pick up first downs, which he did on 41.6% of his passes, tops in the league followed by Brady, Romo, Peyton Manning, Garrard. Eli was 31.2% of all throws, behind Griese and in front of Trent Edwards, #28 overall.
So if that is the basis...which is what the notion you are letting out....do you think Eli is worse then Griese and barely better than Edwards?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-07-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I would say Steve Smith is a pretty good and more Reliable WR than Nate Washington.

A lot of times I notice Ben takes sacks from holding onto the ball too long. And if a Giants fan said Amani Toomer = Hines Ward in the middle of this season, we would have caught crap.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My opinion has been pretty much the same since last year -

1) Ben
2) Rivers
3) Eli

Eli Manning has to put together a quality 16 game season before he moves up out of the basement of the 04 QB rankings. He had a great playoff run, worthy of praise, but so did Jake Delhomme for example in the 03-04 playoffs.
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I might take your opinion somewhat seriously if you weren't a pompous jackass in your responses.
Oh chill out I'm trying to lighten the mood....it's early and you'll see how serious this gets in a week.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-07-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
skiinginNJ
Rookie

skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

steve smith missed a majority of the time in the regular season. he played in 5 games, 3 of which he had 1 catch or less

burress played all year on a torn ankle ligament and was severly impacted by it for a while.

toomer equal to ward? maybe in his prime

yea theres a large discrepency in the sack numbers, but the fact that big ben holds on to the ball way to long might have something to do with that
skiinginNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiinginNJ View Post
steve smith missed a majority of the time in the regular season. he played in 5 games, 3 of which he had 1 catch or less

burress played all year on a torn ankle ligament and was severly impacted by it for a while.

toomer equal to ward? maybe in his prime

yea theres a large discrepency in the sack numbers, but the fact that big ben holds on to the ball way to long might have something to do with that
That happens.. but there's plays where he barely snaps the ball and a DL is in the backfield (See Either Jags game, NE game, etc.)

and it also has to do with the fact his WR's can't get open.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

For the Steelers fans to say Ben is better and it isn't even close is atrocious.

I don't mind you saying he is better...hell I have them neck and neck and until this postseason I had Ben rated above Eli...but you guys act like he is the 2nd coming of Bradshaw. Holy cow.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-07-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

Quote:
For the Steelers fans to say Ben is better and it isn't even close is atrocious.

I don't mind you saying he is better...hell I have them neck and neck and until this postseason I had Ben rated above Eli...but you guys act like he is the 2nd coming of Bradshaw. Holy cow.
Actually statistically his numbers are much better than Bradshaw's at this point in their careers with a worse supporting cast so I'd say that isn't a very big stretch.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh chill out I'm trying to lighten the mood....it's early and you'll see how serious this gets in a week.
No thanks. I know how this thread will end up and it's nothing worth reading.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

I will certainly say Eli has a better line, and the skill players were at a draw. But Eli plays in one of the most complicated systems in the NFL, according to backup QBs that have been all over the place, that demands more out of a QB than anywhere else.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED