Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-01-2015, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2015 Draft *The Cheese Board*

I feel like this deserves a more specific thread. These are my most desired prospects for the Packers to draft, in order. I'm only including prospects that have a reasonable shot at being available.

1. Eric Kendricks - Kendricks isn't a perfect prospect to me, but in the end he grades out equally to Mosley from last year. Elite character/drive, great instincts, great athleticism (the ability to flip his hips is elite, everything else is good to very good), very good tackler, somewhat suspect taking on blocks/not overly explosive, size is only okay. Biggest need.

2. Denzel Perryman - Perryman is a more flawed prospect than Kendricks but also more impressive in run support, which makes him pretty close in my opinion. Elite hitting ability; really a intimidator. Very good at shedding blocks. Explosive in turns of converting speed to power, but otherwise below average athletically. Kendricks is more of a 3 down guy but Perryman could be better if there's a good plan for passing downs.

3. Malcolm Brown - Big guys scare me to evaluate but Brown has a lot of impressive tape and attributes. Like his versatility with his size; really an ideal fit for our system. Best fit amongst all of the DTs, imo (aside from top 3 pick Williams, of course.)

4. Stephone Anthony - Notice a trend? We need ILBs. Anthony has the best physical makeup; elite size for the position. Not too tall, not too short. Also an exceptional athlete who can run with TEs and won't be beaten to the sideline. Needs more discipline and technique work. Good motor. Has all of the tools to be the best of the 3 ILBs mentioned here, but also has the lowest floor.

5. MyCole Pruitt - Some of the best tape you'll find for a TE, definitely the best tape this year. Really nice athlete with a stout build. Reminds me a lot of Dwayne Allen, who I really like. Isn't going to drop many balls. Is a mismatch when spread out wide, and actually has potential as a blocker. Fav. TE this year. Would pair well with Richard Rodgers.

Who do you guys got?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here was my initial Top 25 of all the prospects:

1. Jameis Winston : QB : Florida State
2. La’el Collins : OT/OG : Louisiana State
3. Leonard Williams : DL : USC
4. Kevin White : WR : West Virginia
5. Melvin Gordon : RB : Wisconsin
6. Vic Beasley : OLB : Clemson
7. Ereck Flowers : OT : Miami (FL)
8. Landon Collins : S : Alabama
9. Bud Dupree : DE : Kentucky
10. DeVante Parker : WR : Louisville
11. Kevin Johnson : CB : Wake Forest
12. Dorial Green-Beckham : WR : Oklahoma
13. Amari Cooper : WR : Alabama
14. Dante Fowler : DE/OLB : Florida
15. Marcus Peters : CB : Washington
16. Brandon Scherff : OG : Iowa
17. Maxx Williams : TE : Minnesota
18. Owamagbe Odighizuwa : DE : UCLA
19. Paul Dawson : LB : TCU
20. Todd Gurley : RB : Georgia
21. Danny Shelton : DT : Washington
22. Cameron Erving : OC : Florida State
23. Preston Smith : DE : Mississippi State
24. Trae Waynes : CB : Michigan State
25. Jaelen Strong : WR : Arizona State

Kevin Johnson, Marcus Peters, Paul Dawson and Preston Smith are all potential options when our pick roles around. There are question marks with Peters and Dawson in terms of character but I'm not concerned with either player.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:07 AM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Wow, you're really high on La'el Collins. What do you see with him that puts him above Scherff, Flowers, etc?
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:29 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan20 View Post
Wow, you're really high on La'el Collins. What do you see with him that puts him above Scherff, Flowers, etc?
Much of the ranking is my projection of him being able to play left tackle. There are many outlets that feel he can't stay at the position, but I believe he deserves a shot to prove himself. He's an absolute mauler, who needs to work on his hand placement a bit, but also excelled as a left tackle in the fastest conference.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote