Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
A premier back may not be a neccesity for a ZBS, but it would sure help. Look at Ahman Green's numbers last year they were average at best. If you put a premier back in to the system you're gonna get more production. I understand that the pack have other need's it's just that the offense hasn't been the same since our running game was good. We need to reastiblish the run and getting Lynch will do it. The team's defense is improving IMO, they have enough talented players to be a pretty good D. While the offense is what's holding us back, we need to be able to rely on our offense to put up points. Without an establish run game, and some average RB, it ain't gonna happen.
Agreed, I am still for Lynch in round 1. Just look at what Portis did for Denver, sure the other RBs still played well for them, but none really compared to what Portis was to that team. Getting a Franchise Runningback would be a very good move for the Packers even with the ZBS

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
PackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
Agreed, I am still for Lynch in round 1. Just look at what Portis did for Denver, sure the other RBs still played well for them, but none really compared to what Portis was to that team. Getting a Franchise Runningback would be a very good move for the Packers even with the ZBS
Not to mention things change in the NFL quickly....just because we run ZBS right now doesn't mean we will in 2,3,4 years....a franchise back can be good for 7-9 years and we may not run the ZBS forever
Old 03-01-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack View Post
Not to mention things change in the NFL quickly....just because we run ZBS right now doesn't mean we will in 2,3,4 years....a franchise back can be good for 7-9 years and we may not run the ZBS forever
But we just got a new coaching staff and McCarthy brought early success so he'll be here to stay, especially with a young defense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm still for Lynch in the first. I'd be really happy to see that happen.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

im faltering on Lynch i think we can still get good value in the later rounds and get another pressing need filled. with the first. where the drop off of talent falls quicker than the running back group
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I saw on another website that we are expected to take Greg Olsen in the first
Old 03-02-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582 View Post
I saw on another website that we are expected to take Greg Olsen in the first
What website? If we did that, i would hope we would trade down five spots or so.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

foxsports.com
Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
foxsports.com
That's a mock draft, if that's what you're looking at, which i assume you are. That doesn't mean we're expected to take them, simply who they think we will pick.

Hitman D

Old 03-02-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
That's a mock draft, if that's what you're looking at, which i assume you are. That doesn't mean we're expected to take them, simply who they think we will pick.
Isn't that what a mock is?? A list of players teams are expected to pick.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Isn't that what a mock is?? A list of players teams are expected to pick.
Kind of. Expected isn't the right word. In the sense, "Oakland is expected to take Russell," is different than the packers are "expected to take Olsen." That's just 1 persons opinion. It's really all speculation right now.

Hitman D

Old 03-02-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

alright thats pretty picky though
Old 03-02-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
alright thats pretty picky though
Yeah, i know. I'm bored. Expected makes it sound like a sure thing, which is far from the truth.

Hitman D

Old 03-02-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

There is some speculation that the packers select Greg Olsen with the 16th pick in the 2007 NFL draft per foxsports mock draft. Is this worded correctly? I would hate to confuse anyone. lol
Old 03-02-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
There is some speculation that the packers select Greg Olsen with the 16th pick in the 2007 NFL draft per foxsports mock draft. Is this worded correctly? I would hate to confuse anyone. lol
Foxsports has Olsen going to the packers at 16.

Hitman D

Old 03-02-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70302103/1989

Ahman Green visiting with Denver
Old 03-02-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BigSteve

Hey everyone, I've been reading these forums for about a year and a half but just haven't posted on them. I saw that Joey Porter has been released by the Steelers, what would you think about possibly making a run at him? could he play SLB in our scheme? he does turn 30 on the 22nd of march so does that concern any of you?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
Hey everyone, I've been reading these forums for about a year and a half but just haven't posted on them. I saw that Joey Porter has been released by the Steelers, what would you think about possibly making a run at him? could he play SLB in our scheme? he does turn 30 on the 22nd of march so does that concern any of you?
I wouldn't want him. He was released because of his inability to play the 4-3, if i remember correct.

Hitman D

Old 03-02-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I wouldn't want him. He was released because of his inability to play the 4-3, if i remember correct.
That's the reason; so he's a no go

Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't really want Olsen at 16 because i don't think it's that great of value.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

if Jeramey Stevens gets cut, as expected, do you think we might pursue him. after all, we need a TE and i think he was a TT player. i would be against it because i don't like him and i don't think he's very good, but I'm just bringing up the possibility.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
if Jeramey Stevens gets cut, as expected, do you think we might pursue him. after all, we need a TE and i think he was a TT player. i would be against it because i don't like him and i don't think he's very good, but I'm just bringing up the possibility.
Remember the Monday night game??? He can't catch a lofted pass much less a Brett Favre fastball, no way he comes here regardless of his ties to TT

Old 03-02-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we sign Stevens, I will lose all respect for TT. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Stevens already fooled TT once, don't let him do it again.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Remember the Monday night game??? He can't catch a lofted pass much less a Brett Favre fastball, no way he comes here regardless of his ties to TT
i would agree, i was just bringing up the possibilities.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
i would agree, i was just bringing up the possibilities.
Yeah, i know i was just stating the negatives of him and there aren't too many positives